[Final] Inflation Adjustment Proposal (to 0%)

Greeting,

This is agreat proposal. In regards to inflation, it can not be said that its totally has negative impact on the OP tokens. But to give aprecise speculations, the token house memebers who have a profound knowedleg about the economy should come and talk.

2 Likes

While I donā€™t have much voting power, I am an Optimism delegate.

I support this proposal. As of today, ~55% of OPā€™s total supply is outstanding to be distributed to the community through the Ecosystem Fund, RetroPGF funding, and future airdrops. Thatā€™s a lot. The 2% inflation has yet to begin, but I donā€™t see why it should with that much funding still available to incentivize the development and usage of Optimism.

The inflation rate can be revisited in the future and modified again once there is a need for it and an area where the emissions will be directed is specified.

2 Likes

Totally in support of this proposal. Inflating the $OP supply doesnā€™t seem necessary at this point. There should be enough $OP (not circulating yet) to meet short to medium term needs.

1 Like

Great news if inflation hits 0%. I will keep the coins for a long time.

1 Like

After reviewing, weā€™ve decided to cast our vote in support of this proposal. With the considerable supply overhang of $OP, we also believe that the Collective doesnā€™t require additional inflation of the OP token right now. Increasing the total supply of tokens will moving us further from our goal of managing and increasing the circulating supply of OP. While inflation can serve as a useful growth lever in the future, it seems less beneficial in our current situation. Setting the inflation to 0% for this year will allow us to focus on strategically distributing the existing OP tokens.

Sharing OP 2022-2023 budget w/ current allocations from Treasury Appropriation Proposal: Foundation Year 2 Budget for better visualization of current OP distributions.

2 Likes

I am voting in support of this proposal. As others have stated there is going to be various unlocks and increases in supply in the coming year. So setting inflation to zero for this year makes absolute sense.

1 Like

Since there is an OP token overhang, which can be seen by comparing the overall token amount and the circulating supply, we think it would be the right move to not increase the overall token amount.

We believe the amount of the overall OP tokens are sufficient for the goal of increasing the circulating supply. Besides, with the overall amount the main focus can be on the token allocation and the Token House, therefore we vote ā€œforā€ on this proposal.

1 Like

it would be great if inflation reduces to zero.
this way it would be good for holders and stability of token price

2 Likes