Extended ineligibility for future airdrops

Wtf! Lmao!!! It’s the number 3 part for me

They have sinned, maybe buyers should be punished too because technically they aided those who are dumpers to paperhand. They aided the activity against the ecosystem.

1 Like

Yeah, I too don’t liked the AIRDROP FARMERS who got the big chunk and dumped it, but the 3rd point gave me a good laugh.

Agree… Justice for all!!

Increase the scope of the proposal is the best

I followed the token chat before the claim launch and it heated up with hundreds of questions: “wen token”, “wen launch”, “wen claim”, “wen moon” and I can assure you 80% of them were small bag holders.

Okay. What percentage of large bag holders dumped? Do you have an estimate for them in %?

It’s based on my observation of the chats only. No surprise many dumped the token because they couldn’t wait for the launch. I have no on-chain data to prove my assumption

I thought your post conveyed the message perfectly. I also thought the original proposal was satire, so shows what I know, clearly I have too much faith in people.

Common issue in business. Small customers are inevitably the most demanding.

I totally agree, and wanted to continue on some points and post my own additions as well.

We should cancel airdrops for anyone who has sold any type of token whatsoever in the past 6 months. Only holding should be allowed within optimism. If we could also block all IP addresses from accessing Optimism as well that have ever sold in the past six months, along with the wallet addresses.

It is likely that punishing these users for selling by not allowing them in airdrops will reach the same end result as blocking them but we should just be 100% sure.

All Optimism users should be mandated also to vote or delegate or be punished as well.

All protocols should only allow buying on optimism, and should be linked directly to bridges so the protocols only sell tokens directly from L1 or other L2’s.

Also slashing should be implemented as well for all sellers of all tokens.

We should definitely publicly post all wallet addresses who sell tokens to publicly ridicule them too. John has started this thankfully, so we need only add to the list. Good work.

Using protocols and being an active user of Optimism should count for nothing, ZERO.

It should be mandatory that any and all airdrops on Optimism have a TEN YEAR VESTING PERIOD. After the vesting period, tokens will be released to users, but they will have to sign a contract agreeing to drive a stake into their own beating heart if they consider selling, swapping, pooling, profiting, transferring to another wallet, wrapping, or bridging.

Protocols should be blacklisted for any type of rewards, as it is basically the same as selling for $0 dollars.

In fact, generally commerce in general involves someone selling something to obtain something else. Commerce should generally be banned and punished with airdrop blacklisting, slashing, ip blocking, wallet blocking, and stake driving.

Please, feel free to add more ways to punish, blacklist, stifle, chase off, block, hurt, cancel, destroy, decimate, eviscerate, ravage, annihilate, and decimate sellers. SELLERS will not be allowed here on Optimism, and we will let them know it.

We need to be EXTREMELY EXCLUSIVE here guys. That means EXCLUDING PEOPLE TO THE EXTREME. It is the only way to truly attract the people we want here.

It does not matter at all that we will discourage people who sold anything ever, even for a moment for profit and even 1 token because THESE PEOPLE are certainly one of the following:

-poor/ financially not good (we certainly want to punish the poor and oust them)
-traders
-poolers
-defi users
-recently rekt by the bear market
-uninterested
-scared of losing money
-needed money to put in optimism protocols
-sick and had medical bills
-dumpers
-in debt
-just a bad person
-dirty degens
-clean degens
-apes
-got scared when price dropped on launch
-didn’t see the available use cases appealing
-SUPER poor
-“don’t believe” in voting
-thought it was “OK” to sell their personal tokens (note: they were wrong)
-had to deposit to stop a liquidation on an optimism protocol
-needed money to donate on gitcoin (donation is a form of selling for $0 and is condemned here)
-and just pure evil

STAND TOGETHER OPTIMISM COMMUNITY. Together we can clear out ANYONE WE DEEM UNWORTHY. Eventually we will be left with the select few… the proud… the perfect holders. In 50 years when quantum computers have effectively depreciated the internet and 99.99% of the perfect holders have died of natural causes, staking, decimation, and general whatnot we will be left with one.

Sparkle
ONE PERFECT HOLDER
Sparkle

We should strive to be so EXCLUSIVE.

PUNISH people for making THE WRONG CHOICE. Selling is not allowed here. Get out of here sellers. You are not welcome on Optimism, and we will show you where it matters, financially and socially/publicly through ridicule.

2 Likes

Feeling sarcastic about this proposal? All kinds of whimsical ideas are indeed beneficial to project improvement, but some wonderful proposals are meaningless!

This hilarious! However, is this the place for it?

cobie, i love you but i think your proposal is too strict.

Totally agree with you ido

I think it is important to punish ONLY those who have sold all the tokens and moved liquidity out of Optimism. Anyone left on Optimism Network is an active user who believes in the chain

1 Like

what about a reduction of future airdrops by the percentage you sold.
f.e. if someone sold 42% of his airdrop the future airdrops are reduced by 42%?

Thinking of the community, but may be overly aggressive

This sounds like a nightmare to identify and too much effort. Imo the devs shouldn’t spend their time with such reports. Better to reward hodlers and LP-providers

Not well thought out and not logical. Let me elaborate. @cobie may chip in if he sees fit.

1 - “Instadumping”
For example, should miners be punished if they sold their block rewards from mining to pay for costs of running them? Should one be penalised for claiming & selling rewards in P.O.S? should have a database of these dumpers.if they are on the list, any future block rewards they’re entitled to will be slashed as well.

2 - your assumption & logic of why the multiple airdrops.
What’s the end game? Only the OP team knows. But I highly doubt it is just to have a chain full of OP bagholders & sees who holds their airdrop the longest?
Consider the following:
A person who “instadumped” 3/4 of their airdrop for Eth
1/4 in converted to fiat to enjoy life. A small treat.
1/4 used as capital to explore & interact with dapps on Optimism.
2/4 used to LP. op/weth or op/usdc, whatever
This approach makes a lot more sense.you want to retain as many users as possible to keep transacting on your network. Users essentially get free capital to now explore the vast ecosystem. Criteria for the 1st is telling.
Bridge?
Used dapps?
Voted ?
Remained an active user on L1?

1 Like

They could sell this and take them back when needed, to make OP token more power and value
Freedom create life, I think this is positive