Enabling $OP as a gas token on Optimism Network!

absolutely agree this idea.

1 Like

I donā€™t think only OP should be used like gas token. It complicates everything again and it can make problems for new users. Would be nice to have for example 2 options. ETH and OP but with OP you have some discount on fees.

1 Like

#Enabling $OP as a gas token on Optimism Networkā€¦must approve by OP team

2 Likes

yes ,OP Token Use for Gas Fees on Optimism Network,but also forgoverment token on Optimism Network

1 Like

I aggree, that a good idea!

1 Like

Itā€™s a good idea, I think it works

2 Likes

It really a good idea.

2 Likes

Cannot agree more about this fatanstic idea.it will bring more useage of the token and bring more value of the toekn which is good for all

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good idea but iā€™m worry if we use OP then the new comer will not come to our ecosystem.

I agree ,make OP valuable

1 Like

This idea makes so much senseā€¦pls go ahead.

its such a good idea . i had suggested it a month ago

I am sure that it should be ONLY ONE possibility to pay the gas - as to use OP token!!! It is only the way how to increase adoption and usage of the Optimism Network!!!

Appreciate your patience in responding to these posts by people named things like ā€œApePrinceā€ :woman_facepalming:. Totally in agreement with your arguments, it is not only not necessary, but actively counterproductive to the ecosystem to pay for gas in $OP.

Moonbois coming out in force on these forums.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think you understand how ETH L2ā€™s work. The L2 sequencer still needs to pay fees in ETH to post bundled transactions to mainnet. If ppl are not paying fees in ETH on L2, where is the ETH coming from to pay fees on mainnet? L2 would have to sell OP to buy ETH.

If thereā€™s a discount for gas then that means the ecosystem is operating at a loss. Not the state you want a new ecosystem to be in. Please think in terms of years rather than days.

2 Likes

I agree with you, a very good idea!

1 Like

you are right! everybody has to know it! Thank you!

1 Like

seem legit. and I hopefully wish OP can be a selective of gas fee payment method.

1 Like

i agree this best idea.100%%%

1 Like

i like the advantages, but what are the disadvantages?

2 Likes