[DRAFT] [GF: PHASE 1 Proposal] OptiChads

We’ve donated over 7E so far to retropgf.eth. I highlighted this in our first proposal right now there is very little coming in from royalties which is my only source of income. In reality I would have been more profitable at McDonalds than NFTs but I am confident this will change someday. I think fine art and the promotion of health and wellness is itself a public good which is why I created OptiChads.

For our next collection I plan to donate 50% of the mint to the Malala fund which helps girls get educated in countries where it is difficult I think this can also bring awareness to Optimism NFTs.

We’ve donated in the past multiple times and we will in the future although I’d like to bring awareness to a new charitble cause with every subsequent mint. On another note profit is super important. It attracts traders, and fuels exchanges. Without profit the system fails, people leave, and entities such as Quix close their doors. An NFT ecosystem is only sucessfull if creators, traders, and exchanges all make money. Our mint was super cheap at .0015E because I realized our success would be contingent on traders turning a profit. This came at my expense, but it was for the good of the ecosystem, and than I donated 50% of the mint on top of this.

In a bear market we have to work 10x as hard for 10x less reward. For anyone who questions our resolve I would invite them to look at the OptiChads traits and consider how long it would take for a single man to craft something like that in his moms basement.

4 Likes