[DRAFT] [GF: PHASE 1 Proposal] OAYC

Thank you. We are happy to develop and become better for you

1 Like

OAYC is the best and strong project

2 Likes

How about creating a new OP character instead of a project to copy?

2 Likes

I am the holder of oayc, and I am very much in favor of this proposal LFG

1 Like

Once again you have not provided the information that was requested in the form of dune analytics charts that help represent the OAYC track record history on the blockchain.

You are not showing the OP governance the proper information to help support this grant at the moment and help reassure members of the community that the funds will be distributed in a proper well thought out manner that is displayed in the token distribution schedule of the grant proposal.

Please remember that it was also asked that you stop having members who are not involved with the OP governance delegation process to stop comments here.

They continue to interrupt the forum which was intended as a place for a valuable conversation based around the presentation of the grant with other delegate members.

It is great that your project did well in sales but that is not enough info to approve this proposal.

Also in the last sentence you mentioned that if you had the funding you, “ will make community better and OP NFT space stronger. “

What happened to the original funding of the project and how was that not possible with over 180,000 OP tokens raised in the past 4 months of your project ???

Something does not seem right about a project which raised such a high amount of OP token for their project and at the same time they are not able to submit the proper information necessary for a grant proposal. Especially when asked numerous times after hearing concerns from other community members within the OP NFT space.

Now the ask is 100,000 tokens but with zero data on track history from the project treasury.

At this time I can not support this proposal with the lack of metrics provided and will ask once again to have members of your community please refrain from using this forum as some sort of social media platform to try promoting your project.

3 Likes

I am totally favorite to this project the features of the ape are unique and the NFT’s are above average artistically I only hope that your NFT market will be solid and without bug because optimism deserves the best market nft of the web :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ждем, уже совсем скоро )

1 Like

the best community ever! Let´s go OP army

1 Like

I love OAYC there unique in there own way if you check properly you see is just collection unique done out of expression not copy I love it choose them beside ape is not same with them

1 Like

Please note that the form for Season 3 has requirements that have not been filled out here. Feel free to update this form to include the questions in the Season 3 proposal template or to submit a new application here.

1 Like

We appreciate the note, and update the proposal soon!

I used to MOD for this project OAYC and i gave ideas on community building and how to grow the community, they moved from being the least like to most liked…truth is setting our differences aside, they are a good project and i supported in building the project, i gave ideas on how to bring together the different communities in optimism and i shilled to other L2 and mainnet communities. But i was laid off at the peak of their success, i am a builder and a visionary, this project is a good one but they need to work on a lot of things.

After mint out you made about $36k, i know this because i followed the wallet to be sure that mint out was a success, i needed to prove so many other communities on OP wrong, they were not wrong to think that you might run with funds because you weren’t reputable yet but i gave them reasons to give you a chance. My question now is, what did you do with that money? how did you spend it on the community and roadmap, these things should be made known to us the community members because we have a right to know and if granted this fund from OP how do you intend to judiciously utilize it. That money is different from total volume, so there should be so much money in the vault. I remember when the community members said you should reward me as a lot of them joined OAYC because of the constant shilling i did, and you told me to open a ticket and instead of doing the right thing, you condemned me for raising a riot i knew nothing about, fast forward till now, where are the whales that first came, they left because of lack of proper management. So if sheikh rahyan says that you spent a little back on them he is not wrong to think so.

im strong believer in the future of this project…lots of commitment and effort from the team

Exactly, we minted a first and a second collection, and even as holders we still used $10 to mutate our apes, $10 by 10,000 collection= $100,000. minus whatever they made from the first collection, maybe i am this keen because i read accounting at school but so many things are not adding up, now what is the assurance that they would use this grant for the further growth of the ecosystem, i see this as more of a private entity than a community project. They should show what the money has been used for, from rebranding to giveaways, they cannot have spent $10k so where is the rest of it?

1 Like

Derivative NFT projects very rarely hold value or community long term. I think original projects and ideas are better suited for grants.

2 Likes

Please add specific milestones or deliverables, or at least a framework that can be built out in consultation with the Grants Council. This will allow the Optimism community and the Grants Council to gauge success metrics and track progress over the lifetime of the requested grant.

Thank you. CC: @OAYC

1 Like

I agree there are a lot of red flags here along with the lack of any metric data provided. My main concern is that the funds from the grant might become misappropriated if the recipient is not fully understanding the grant process.

So far we have not seen any significant data showing any of the track record history from the original mint of the project or how the funds were used to help grow the ecosystem.

Once again this team has made over 200,000 OP in the mint of their project and does not have a way to show the community how the OP tokens were used after the initial mint.

For instance…
Are these tokens still in the possession of the project?

I will continue to suggest against approval of any grant proposals that do not respond to the questions of the governance here on the forum with proper communication and documentation.

1 Like

Why does it look like this thread was botted with likes and comments? Looks very sketchy

1 Like

As you can see here there was a social media post driving traffic to the forums and if you continue on reading you will see in the forum where I asked kindly to not have their users directed here.

The request was ignored as well as any additional information that was requested about the metrics and track record of the project to help show members of the governance why the project should be considered for a grant.

If the applicants do not understand the code of conduct on the governance forums and do not respect the request of other governance committee members by ignoring them and continue to do so then the chances of receiving funding are much less likely.

I suggest to keep any community members commentary separate from the forums unless they themselves are a delegate of Optimism governance and have something valuable to add to the conversation such as statistical data or facts about the project and it’s current standings.

1 Like