Author name and contact info (please provide a reliable point of contact for the project.):
Anders - CTO
Email : email@example.com
L2 recipient address:
Which Voting Cycle are you applying for?
I confirm that I have read the landing pages for the [Builders 48] and [Growth Experiments 41] Sub-Committees and that I have determined my proposal is best suited to be reviewed by the Growth Experiments Sub-Committee: [Yes/No]:
I understand that Growth Experiments grants are subject to a “no sale rule,” as explained in [this post 2], and I have read the terms of the rule: [Yes/No]:
What are you building?
NFT Rental Market - A leasing platform that does not lose user ownership, introducing EIP-4907 and EIP-5006-based leasing platforms.
Why do you believe what you are building is going to succeed?
- Expanding market participation: NFT rental platforms can lower the threshold for users to obtain expensive or rare NFTs, allowing more people to participate and experience NFT projects through rental services.
- Asset utilization: Rental platforms allow NFT holders to rent out idle assets to others for income, increasing the utilization of NFTs.
- Diversified business models: NFT rental platforms may bring diversified business models, such as rental services based on different scenarios such as virtual worlds, in-game items, and digital art.
- Increased liquidity: NFT rental platforms can bring higher liquidity to the market, making NFT transactions more active. For example, a “use first, buy later” model seen in real life.
- Meeting social needs: Rental platforms can give users more flexibility in displaying their virtual items, characters, and artwork, improving their sense of belonging and participation in social networks and virtual worlds.
- Innovative use cases: As NFTs become more popular and the market develops, developers and users may find more novel rental use cases, driving the success of rental platforms (which is what we are working on).
How many users does your project have currently? Please include how you arrived at this estimate:
How will receiving a grant enable you to further the mission of maximizing the number of users interacting with Optimism? Please include a step-by-step flow of how you imagine this grant can lead to a greater number of user interactions with Optimism:
- Optimism has done an excellent job in gas optimization, and deploying on the Optimism network can save a significant amount of money for our users.
- We will serve all NFT projects with rental scenarios on the Optimism network, especially GameFi projects.
- We will increase user interaction and improve our product quality through various incentive measures.
Tell us about the users you plan to target with this grant. Include any defining characteristics that will help you identify and target them.:
- Lender: In the early stage, incentivize users who meet the listing requirements.
- Renter: Incentivize users who meet the rental requirements.
- Project: Jointly hold some events to encourage users to complete transactions and achieve Play to Earn or Rent to Earn.
- Potential collaborators: Invite them to deploy their projects on the Optimism network.
How would these users interact with Optimism? For how long?:
As a rental platform, we will continue to onboard new products, which means users will consistently interact with the Optimism blockchain. At the same time, we will provide some deployment tools, and project teams will also deploy their rental contracts through our tools.
Provide us with links to any of the following for the project:
- Double Protocol Test Demo
- Double Protocol Website
- Double Protocol Twitter
- Double Protocol Discord
- Double Protocol Github
- Double Protocol Documentation
- Double Protocol Dune
Do you have any metrics on the project currently? (TVL, transactions, volume, unique addresses, etc. Optimism metrics preferred; please link to public sources such as Dune Analytics, etc.):
Total User: 3,536
Total Collection： 830
Total Listed: 4,224
Total Rentals: 9,275
Who are your founders?:
Shrug - co-founder
Anders - co-founder & CTO
Lareina - co-founder & Growth Lead
What makes your team well-suited to carry out the project described in this proposal?
- Improve the Optimism ecosystem, making NFT leasing easier, while inviting more projects to deploy within the Optimism ecosystem.
- Allow existing Optimism users to experience projects in the Optimism ecosystem through low-cost NFT leasing.
- Use events to enable Double users to experience the Optimism ecosystem.
Is this your first Web3 project?:
What is the size of the grant request?
How do you justify the size of the grant?
- Expand the market and increase partnerships.
- Event funding.
- User subsidies.
Describe in discrete steps how you will successfully implement your grant plan:
- Deploy and test on the testnet
- Deploy to the mainnet with partners
- Co-host events with partners
- Develop new features, such as subleasing, BID, etc.
How will the OP tokens be distributed? (please include % allocated to different initiatives such as user rewards/marketing/liquidity mining. Please also include a justification as to why each of these initiatives align with the problem statement this proposal is solving. Distribution should not include the sale of any tokens by the grantee or the use of tokens for compensation, protocol expenses, etc. See the no sale rule here 11):
- Lender subsidies, Renter subsidies: 80%
- Bounties & marketing: 20%
Over what period of time will the tokens be distributed for each initiative?:
Deployment: Continuous deployment, as new features will be added.
Events: Holding events irregularly, with event durations ranging from 2 weeks to 1 month.
Development: Submit updates every month.
Please provide benchmark milestones for this project. These milestones should guide the Optimism community on the progress of your project throughout your work on the project. Do not use distribution of the grant itself as a milestone:
- Expect to deploy the Optimism testnet within 1 week after approval.
- Deploy the Optimism mainnet within 1 week after the testnet passes.
- We will create a calendar to synchronize our progress.
- Our Twitter will also regularly update our progress.
If the OP tokens are for direct distribution to users, why will incentivized users and liquidity on Optimism remain after incentives dry up?:
We are an NFT rental platform, and after the OP token rewards end, we will use other reward mechanisms to attract users. Of course, we believe that users who have experienced Rent to Earn will continue to use our platform even without incentives.
Of course, the game developers will also help us invite users together.
Please provide any additional information that will facilitate accountability (smart contracts addresses relevant to the proposal, relevant organizational wallet addresses, etc.):
Gnosis safe Address: 0x3d281D627BF93b8bA04a9b9D6EE60c39885D993e
Does your project solve a problem for the Optimism ecosystem? If so how?:
Yes, we fill the gap in the Optimism network where there is currently no rental market.
Is your project Optimism Native?:
NO, We have also deployed on other networks.
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: [Yes/No]:
I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: [Yes/No]: