[DRAFT] Cycle 13 Experiments Form

Grants Council Growth Experiments Grant Template

We are posting the proposed Cycle 13 Experiments form for community review and feedback. This form will be posted in final form on Wednesday June 7 by 19:00 GMT in advance of the beginning of Cycle 13 submissions on June 8 at. 19:00 GMT. Please feel free to leave any feedback in the comments below.

A note to proposers: if you post prior to June 8, you will be asked to repost with the final form in the manner prescribed in the forthcoming Season 4 Operating Procedures.

DRAFT Experiments Form

This is a DRAFT form. The official form will be published on or before June 8 and will be marked OFFICIAL form.

Before filling out this form, note that you are responsible for checking updates to the Landing Page (to be published prior to June 8), which will reproduce updates to the Forum and to the Optimism Discord. Updates will be posted to the forum and grants. The Grants Council will post the results of the Preliminary and Final reviews on the Forum. Proposer conduct and etiquette will be taken into account in assigning final scores.

Basic Details

Project name:

Author name and contact info (please provide a reliable email for the point of contact):

What is the size of the grant request? (250k OP max; above 150k requires full Council vote):

How do you justify the size of the grant? (higher grant size requests will receive greater scrutiny):

L2 recipient address:

Which Voting Cycle are you applying for?:

I confirm that I have read the landing pages for the [Builders - to be linked] and [Experiments - to be linked] Sub-Committees and that I have determined my proposal is best suited to be reviewed by the Experiments Sub-Committee: [Yes/No]:

I understand that Experiments grants are subject to a “no sale rule,” as explained in this post, and I have read the terms of the rule: [Yes/No]:

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: [Yes/No]:

I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: [Yes/No]:

Project Details

What are you building?:

Provide us with links to any of the following for the project:

• Demo:
  • Twitter:
  • Discord/Discourse/Community:
  • Github:
  • Technical/Economic Documentation:
  • Other:

Why do you believe what you are building is going to succeed?:

How many users does your project have currently? Please include how you arrived at this estimate:

How will receiving a grant enable you to further one or both of the Experiments missions (maximizing the number of users interacting with novel applications on Optimism; and / or fostering the development of technology with tangible use cases that reach end-users)? Please include a step-by-step flow of how you imagine this grant can lead to a greater number of user interactions with Optimism:

Tell us about the users you plan to target with this grant. Include any defining characteristics that will help you identify and target them.:

How would these users interact with Optimism? For how long?:

Do you have any metrics on the project currently? (TVL, transactions, volume, unique addresses, etc. Optimism metrics preferred; please link to public sources such as Dune Analytics, etc.):

Who are your competitors, and are they on Optimism?:

Why is your application novel?

Does your application create a tangible use case for end users of the OP stack or users who are not Web3 experts?

Please link to code audits (if any):

Team

Who are your founders?:

What makes your team well-suited to carry out the project described in this proposal?

Is this your first Web3 project?:

If not, what else have you built? (Share links, Github repository, or any other useful information.):

Roadmap and Distribution Plan

Describe in discrete steps how you will successfully implement your grant plan:

How will the OP tokens be distributed? (please include % allocated to different initiatives such as user rewards/marketing/liquidity mining. Please also include a justification as to why each of these initiatives align with the problem statement this proposal is solving. Distribution should not include the sale of any tokens by the grantee or the use of tokens for compensation, protocol expenses, etc. See the no sale rule here. Please note that the no sale rule is an absolute requirement that is not within the scope of the Grants Council to change. Please direct any questions to the # governance channel in Discord):

Over what period of time will the tokens be distributed for each initiative?:

If the OP tokens are for direct distribution to users, why will incentivized users and liquidity on Optimism remain after incentives dry up?:

Please provide any additional information that will facilitate accountability (smart contracts addresses relevant to the proposal, relevant organizational wallet addresses, etc.):

Milestones

Please refer to the Milestone Assessment guide before filling out this section.

Please provide benchmark milestones for this project by extending the table below. These milestones should guide the Optimism community on the progress of your project throughout your work on the project. Do not use distribution of the grant itself as a milestone:

Project Milestone Type Milestone Source of Truth Deadline
Benchmark

Please define critical milestones for this project by extending the table below. Critical milestones are meant to show good-faith efforts to accomplish the project. Non-completion of these milestones could lead to revocation of remaining grant rewards. Do not use distribution of the grant itself as a milestone:

Project Milestone Type Milestone Source of Truth Deadline
Critical

Optimism Relationship

Does your project solve a problem for the Optimism ecosystem? If so how?:

Why will this solution be a source of growth for the Optimism ecosystem?:

Is your project (a) deployed on Optimism exclusively; (b) deployed on Optimism and other networks; (c) not yet deployed on Optimism but deployed on other networks; or (d) not yet deployed on Optimism or elsewhere?

5 Likes