[DRAFT] Cycle 13 Builders Form

Grants Council Builders Grant Template

We are posting the proposed Cycle 13 Builders form for community review and feedback. This form will be posted in final form on Wednesday June 7 by 19:00 GMT in advance of the beginning of Cycle 13 submissions on June 8 at. 19:00 GMT. Please feel free to leave any feedback in the comments below.

A note to proposers: if you post prior to June 8, you will be asked to repost with the final form in the manner prescribed in the forthcoming Season 4 Operating Procedures.

DRAFT Builders Proposal Form

This is a DRAFT form. The official form will be published on or before June 8 and will be marked OFFICIAL form.

Before filling out this form, note that you are responsible for checking updates to the Landing Page (to be published prior to June 8), which will reproduce updates to the Forum and to the Optimism Discord. Updates will be posted to the forum and grants. The Grants Council will post the results of the Preliminary and Final reviews on the Forum. Proposer conduct and etiquette will be taken into account in assigning final scores.

Basic Details

Project name:

Author name and forum name (please provide a reliable email for the point of contact):

L2 recipient address:

Which Voting Cycle are you applying for?:

What is the size of your grant request (50k max OP)?

How do you justify the size of the request?

I confirm that I have read the landing pages for the [Builders - link to be provided] and [Growth Experiments - link to be provided] Sub-Committees and that I have determined my proposal is best suited to be reviewed by the Builders Sub-Committee: [Yes/No]:

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: [Yes/No]:

I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: [Yes/No]:

I understand that Builders grants are subject to a 1 year lock-up, as explained further in this post: [Yes/No]:

This project needs upfront capital and should be considered for a co-grant: [Yes/No]:

Project Details

What are you going to build?:

Provide us with links to any of the following for the project:

• Demo:
  • Twitter:
  • Discord/Discourse/Community:
  • Github:
  • Other:

Why is what you are going to build going to succeed?:

Why is what you are going to build novel? (You can think of novelty in one of two ways: either your project is meaningfully different from what others are building in the blockchain industry or you can describe how you are approaching a problem in a way unique from how others are approaching the same problem, provided that the unique aspect of the proposed solution is a key driver of the value created).

Is your project likely to bring new builders to the Optimism ecosystem? If so, please describe how:

Is your project likely to improve the quality of developers in the Optimism ecosystem? If so, please describe how:

Is your project likely to improve the commitment of developers in the Optimism ecosystem? If so, please describe how:

Describe whether you expect to deploy smart contracts on Optimism and, if so, how you expect users and developers to interact with those contracts:

Do you have any metrics on the project currently? (TVL, transactions, volume, unique addresses, etc. Optimism metrics preferred; please link to public sources such as Dune Analytics, etc.):

Who are your competitors?:

What differentiates you from your competitors?:

Will your project be composable with other projects on Optimism? If so, please explain:

Will your project be fee-based or free to the end-user?

Will your project be open-source?

Team

Who are your founders?:

What makes your founders well-positioned to accomplish your goals with this project (1-2 sentences on each)?:

Tell us about the rest of your team (if there are more teammates):

Is this your first Web3 project?:

If not, what else have you built? (Share links, Github repository, or any other useful information.):

Is your project funded? If so, provide an estimate of how many months of funding runway your project has:

Roadmap

Describe in discrete steps your plan for accomplishing your project:

Please provide any additional information that will facilitate accountability:(smart contracts addresses relevant to the proposal, relevant organizational wallet addresses, etc.)

Does your plan depend on the receipt of OP tokens?:

What is your plan for the use of the OP token after the 1 year lock-up?:

Milestones

Please refer to the Milestone Assessment guide before filling out this section.

Please provide benchmark milestones for this project by extending the table below. These milestones should guide the Optimism community on the progress of your project throughout your work on the project. Do not use distribution of the grant itself as a milestone:

Project Milestone Type Milestone Source of Truth Deadline
Benchmark

Please define critical milestones for this project by extending the table below. Critical milestones are meant to show good-faith efforts to accomplish the project. Non-completion of these milestones could lead to revocation of remaining grant rewards. Do not use distribution of the grant itself as a milestone:

Project Milestone Type Milestone Source of Truth Deadline
Critical

Optimism Relationship

Does your project solve a problem for the Optimism ecosystem?:

How does your proposal offer a value proposition solving the above problem?:

Why will this solution be a source of growth for the Optimism ecosystem?:

How committed are you (and your team) to building on Optimism?:

Is your project (a) deployed on Optimism exclusively; (b) deployed on Optimism and other networks; (c) not yet deployed on Optimism but deployed on other networks; or (d) not yet deployed on Optimism or elsewhere.

3 Likes

One thing i’d like to see added is a piece on the OP Stack:

i think β€œis this project intended to help launch new rollups on OP stack, does it make OP Stack more usable, does it get more developers working on OP Stack (vs OP Mainnet)”

OP Stack is inherently novel, and anything that helps it be more approachable is a benefit

2 Likes