Wallets that held $OP 'and' accumulated more 'and' still holding should receiver a bigger airdrop of drop #2

Wallets that held $OP from the drop AND accumulated more at any point in time AND still holding those helps to keep $OP strong and should be rewarded additionally in the next drop.
This is similar to a discussion already but includes additional criteria and doesn’t exclude those that sold. It just rewards more to those that hold. e.g. @Moonbirds nesting, or BAYC/BAMC holders etc.

What about people who sold half for eth or Usdc to LP ? Or people who deposited OP into Beethoven X ? Are they excluded because they “sold” ? I would not support this we cannot tell people what to do with there OP tokens lol it literally goes against what optimism stands for….no one should receive more just for holding…holding OP doesn’t help the optimistic ecosystem… using OP voting and participating in OP defi and ecosystem should be rewarded

2 Likes

I’ve seen this sentiment a lot here; “ Wallets that held $OP from the drop AND accumulated more at any point in time AND still holding those helps to keep $OP strong and should be rewarded additionally in the next drop.

However I’ve bought $OP and hold it on the exchange (Coinbase). How would this kind of positive participation be counted or recognized?

This is counter productive. OP needs liquidity which means that selling & buying is a necessity. At some point the Optimism Foundation will dissolve & we the collective will have to hire market makers. Staking Optimism in order to operate a node provides utility, hands off the baton to the collective, and decentralizes the network making it far harder for centralized powers to shut down or censor the protocol.

1 Like

people could sold OP after airdrop but later they can buy it again! So, the main question is to take a snapshot and to see who has op at the moment - these people are eligible for more amount of airdrop.

My view exactly….

The team should think about the people who invest extra money to the project, for example buy more OP tokens or buy extra ETH and put both ETH/OP to the pool!

This in essence is saying, reward additionally tokens to whales for not selling.

It is necessary to stimulate interesting projects. New ideas for society may be more interesting than just storing capital. Storage devalues capital.

please post in Airdrop #1 Feedback Thread