Treasury Appropriation Proposal: Foundation Year 2 Budget

I will symbolically vote Against this proposal as the Foundation has significantly underdistributed tokens and creating a larger supply overhang than projected. Particularly given $OPā€™s challenging tokenomics to begin with, it was imperative to at least get a wide distribution in the early days, to bolster some confidence in the token, and this hasnā€™t happened anywhere near the degree implied in Year 1.

As per initial projections, roughly ~9.5% or ~400M OP should have been distributed to users via airdrops. However, only 11.7M was, since Airdrop #1, and a total of 226.5M.

I understand that this is an evolving process and the projections are just that, but Foundationā€™s handling of OPā€™s token distribution and lack of clarity has undermined confidence in the $OP token.

For me to vote For on this proposal, I need detailed projections for Year 2 and moving forward, and the measures taken to ensure they will be met within an acceptable margin of error. Of course, Iā€™m referring to categories directly under the purview of Foundation like RPGF and Airdrops. Without accountability and standards, these proposals are meaningless.

20 Likes