[READY] [GF: Phase 1 Proposal] Superfluid

Hey @Bobbay_StableLab and @fewol

Thanks for your support and also for the follow-up questions!

However, we would prefer a more detailed explanation of the OP distribution.
We support your decision to help other apps within your ecosystem move to optimism and would like some further details on what that support would entail? Is it solely financial?

We intend to stream funds to builders using Superfluid to give grants for them to deploy on Optimism and for salary incentives to web3 employees being paid in streams on Optimism.

75% will be allocated to projects within our community of builders for deploying on Optimism, in OP grants based on the amount of work required and the potential impact of the project, as judged by us in conversation with the relevant teams.

We already offer extensive free developer support for builders and integrations and in addition, offer a totally free startup program called Superfluid Reactor where we offer startup advice, extra technical support and eventually partnership and investment introductions. The above grants may be combined with this programme if we see there is good alignment.

25% for salary incentives to employees will likely be a campaign we spend our own marketing dollars on, and likely divided equally between a certain total number of employees we aim to onboard to receiving salaries on Optimism (concrete details tbd).

1 Like

Thank you for sharing these details :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

A very good project, if it is adopted on a large scale, it should be able to solve practical problems in many fields, provided that the output of funds is irreversible.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the follow-up.

I will be voting YES in this proposal. I really like everything.

1. Very reasonable amount requested.
  2. Allocation is nice. Incentivize people to move to L2 and grants for building on superfluid in Optimism.
  3. Duration is reasonable.
  4. The project is very useful.
1 Like

We voted yes on this proposal. The Superfluid team has a strong track record. Their proposal to help teams move treasuries onto Optimism will likely increase activity and liquidity on the network.

[Final]

Voting: Yes

Presents a use case for users to put it to genuinely use Optimism. The proposal is seen as reasonable for our community.

• Contribution: Positive
  • OP distribution: Appropriate
  • Co-incentives: No
  • Impact in LatAm: Neutral

Tips: keep reporting usage and new organizations by implementing salaries. Same for its dApps deploying on Optimism.

2 Likes

Snapshot vote - passed

2 Likes

This is after the fact but as I’ve been continuing to document proposals and outcomes, I was struck by how purely beneficial this one is for the ecosystem. Really a great model for future applicants.

2 Likes

@vijay can you provide a Telegram handle or other contact method so the Optimism team can get in touch about paying out this grant :pray:

Feel free to comment on this thread, DM, or email palash@optimism.io

Hi @vijay! It’s been a few months since your OP grant distribution, checking in to see if there is a grant update you can share with the community?

1 Like

Hi @lavande, thanks for unarchiving the post so I could reply to the thread:

Since the pay out of the Grant from the Governance Fund in late August, we’ve been hard at work cultivating our community of builders and preparing our selection criteria for a portion of the funding.
We kicked off our Superfluid x Optimism Builder Grants in November Announcing Superfluid Builder Grants to Accelerate Money Streaming on Optimism | by Superfluid | Superfluid Blog | Medium
and selected the winners on Jan 9th Announcing the Recipients of Our Superfluid Builder Grants for Optimism | by Superfluid | Superfluid Blog | Jan, 2023 | Medium, now we will be monitoring their progress to report back here.

We are still working on an appropriate mechanism for implementing salary streaming incentives on Optimism, since a few early concepts were not viable after all, but we are closing in on a solution. We have not yet claimed any unused portions of the grant from OP Governance.

1 Like

Highly agree with this sentiment!

1 Like

Love to hear it, keep on building and working hard frens!

Superfluid has my support

1 Like

Thank you for your work

1 Like

Hi all, in light of Superchain developments over the past year and Base’s launch, we have made the decision to use $5-10k USD equivalent of the remaining OP tokens allocated to fund developer bounties for building on Base with Superfluid.

As Base and Optimism have entered an agreement to share sequencer revenues and actively collaborate across several other domains, we expect this will give great ROI to Optimism governance.

We hope that the community will be in support of this use of funds.

Hi @vijay! If you plan to use the funds outside of what was approved by governance, you’ll need to follow the process outlined in the Code of Conduct:

“Grant Recipients: Must execute the grant in accordance with what is outlined in the approved grant proposal. Grant recipients that wish to change the use of the grant from what is outlined in the proposal must submit a new proposal requesting approval for the change. To do so, they must follow the grants process in place at the time. If the change is not approved, the recipient must execute the grant as outlined in the original proposal or return the portion of grant funding affected by the unapproved change.”

That means you’ll need to request approval for this change from the Grants Council.

1 Like

Great example of checks and balances.

The other day I was watching Jesse and Ben on Bankless and felt what if there is a collusion between some OP Stack Chains and the response here demonstrate the right balance.

All though, I am sure SuperFluid is doing fantastic with their WavePool program attracting devs.

Hopefully the revised proposal passes soon.

Love the high spirit :ok_hand:

Thanks for the info! On reflection, we’ll hold onto the OP tokens for more Optimism-focused bounties later in the year instead of using them for this purpose.