[Ready] [GF: Phase 1 Proposal] Messari

Hey guys,

I’m one of the Synthetix Ambassadors, and I support this proposal. However, I am only 1 of 5 elected ambassadors, so this is not an indication of a yes vote (we currently have voted abstain, following the committee).

Optimism GREATLY lacks an official DeFi media presence, so this proposal is an excellent step in the right direction. I’d go further and say that Optimism should have these sorts of agreements set up with other media groups.

Though I will say that I’m afraid I massively have to disagree with this decision being pushed onto Delegates. The OP foundation’s marketing + comms CCs should handle this internally (alongside other media agreements similar to this one). It’s a tough decision to push onto delegates whose typical mandate has strayed far from this one.

I know the OP foundation has advised that this is the correct path, but I disagree. They should handle this one internally and use the pot of OP they have to pay for it, or even do some 50/50 split.

But anyway, this proposal is still up in the air, and I think it is helpful and a step in the right direction for OP. The Ambassador vote is still the same (abstain), but I just wanted to drop my thoughts here as other delegates decide.

5 Likes