[DRAFT] [GF: Phase 1 Proposal] Dope Wars

You can’t ask a project to do months of development work for free and then tell them that maybe if you are happy with what they do you will throw them some coins.

Hey @lefterisjp, I agree with you on this and I want to see some change here, software development and management is resource intensive task and I hope with RPGF we can change people opinion on funding public good. But I also understand that it will not happen in first or second round, this will take time with iterative approach.

You can’t ask a project to do months of development work for free and then tell them that maybe if you are happy with what they do you will throw them some coins.

Imo, this we can change with the help of result oracle, RPGF will focus more on impact and support the project accordingly not just some “coin” but rather proper funding and support. I would like to see few public good reaching millions of people rather than focusing on multiple public at once and loosing traction at earlier stage and this we can avoid with proper funding.

Again, from what I see and feel, we are early in this phase, DAO is broken in current form, if there is no incentive people are not willing to contribute and sometime I feel, we, the so called web3 space is gonna turn this initiative of “public good” into just “good” because of greed.

RPGF is a nice thing for public goods and tends to reward already recognized and successful projects.

I dont agree with you on this one, I will apply Mean-Test here, successful projects might have other source of income/funding so we cant put them in same bucket with new project and/public good. Its not fair game and will raise this concern once we reach at that point.

This is not directed at you specifically but I feel the need to clarify what RPGF can and can’t do – since many people seem to misunderstand.

Dont worry about this, I am only active here on this gov forum because I have some hope that we(Token house/citizen house) can make some change with DAO based governance and feedback and open communication are two pillar of that, so i appreciate your input.

I wrote a few line on public good few days back, feel free to jump in with your thoughts.

1 Like