[OLD] Proposed Mission Template

Mission Proposal Template

We welcome feedback on the below proposal template

S4 Intent:

Proposed Mission: Please include a one line description (tl;dr)

Proposal Tier:

Please verify that you meet the qualifications for submitting at the above Tier: If an Alliance is comprised of individual contributors tiers, the Tier at which that Alliance may submit should be the Tier at which the Alliance Lead qualifies.

Baseline grant amount:

% of total available Intent Budget:

All Mission grants are locked for a period of one year. Please check here if access to upfront capital is a barrier to completing your Mission and you would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: [yes/no] There is no guarantee that all approved Missions will receive cash grants.

Alliance name:

Alliance Lead:

Contact info:

L2 recipient address:

Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:

Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:

What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?

Please list a critical milestone. The critical milestone should be a measure of whether you’ve made best efforts to execute what is outlined in this proposal or not. If you fail to achieve your critical milestone, your grant may be clawed back.

How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission: These should focus on progress towards completion. Including expected completion dates for each is recommended.

• Benchmark Milestone 1 (please include expected completion date for each)

• Benchmark Milestone 2 (please include expected completion date for each)

How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission? These should be focused on performance and may be used by badgeholders to assess your Misson’s impact in the next round of RetroPGF.

• KPI 1

• KPI 2

Breakdown of Mission budget request:

I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: [Yes/No]

I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: [Yes/No]

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: [Yes/No]:

I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: [Yes/No]:

Mission Proposal Example (for illustrative purposes only)

S4 Intent: Governance Accessibility (Intent 4)

Proposed Mission: Maintain the Collective Archives

[Proposal Tier](Collective Trust Tiers - #2): Ember

Please verify that you meet the qualifications for your Tier: I am a new community member that has not worked with or for the Optimism Collective before

Baseline grant amount: 25k OP

% of total available Intent budget: 0.833%

Alliance: Collective Contributors

Alliance Lead: Alice

Contact info: @alice

L2 recipient address: 0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x

Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:

• Bob (new community member) - links to previous work at other DAOs

• Moe (Optimism delegate) - links to forum posts and voting rationale, etc.

• Alice (Open source expert) - links to previous research

• Link to project they’ve worked on together before

Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:

• The Optimism Foundation released the Collective Archives as an open source public good. We would like to establish a framework for open-source contribution to the Archives so that the resource can be maintained in a values-aligned way.

• The open source maintenance of the Collective Archives will help us achieve the Intent of Governance Accessibility because these resources allow anyone to learn about DAOs and governance.

• Creating a framework for open-source maintenance of these resources will ensure they continue to be up to date and expands the set of contributors adding their knowledge to the archives, making governance more accessible for everyone.

• We would also like to host these resources on their own website to make them easier to find and reference.

What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?

• Our Alliance’s combined experiences make us well prepared to execute on this Mission

• Bob has experience with the practical implementation of governance systems

• Moe has conducted widely cited academic research on open source systems

• Alice is a dedicated delegate to the Optimism Collective and can ensure our work is aligned with the values of the Collective

• We’ve worked together as a team before, here are links to our previous work:

• Links to previous work or track record

Please list a critical milestone. The critical milestone should be a measure of whether you’ve made best efforts to execute what is outlined in this proposal or not. If you fail to achieve your critical milestone, your grant may be clawed back.

• Publication of framework for open source contribution to the Collective Archives

• Create new UI to make navigation easier

How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission: These should focus on progress towards completion. Including expected completion dates for each is recommended.

• X contributors updating the Archives (measured by # of pull requests)

• X% increase in new visitors by the end of the Season

How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission? These should be focused on performance and may be used by badgeholders to assess your Misson’s impact in the next round of RetroPGF.

• Any performance beyond the above specified metrics (i.e. X + 10 contributors updating the Archives)

• Positive feedback or testimonials from contributors to the Archives

• New additions that expand the Archives, such as a podcast series or series of workshops

Breakdown of Mission budget request:

• Contributors = XX OP

• Operating budget (dependent on grant matching)

• Website hosting fees - XX USDC

I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes

I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes

I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes

16 Likes

Updated to clarify difference between Token House milestones and badgeholder impact KPIs

Token House milestones should focus on progress towards completion. Including expected completion dates for each is recommended.

Badgeholder impact measurements/KPIs should be focused on performance and may be used by badgeholders to assess your Misson’s impact in the next round of RetroPGF.

3 Likes

Thank you for this guide, is really helpful.

2 Likes

Thank you , all good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for this clear guide. Much helpful!

1 Like