Optiland Quests

Very nice.
What mechanism is used for sybil filtering?

Is there is a requirement to hold multiple collections in order to participate in some of the educational quests by creating a tier system for the holders who have more than one collection?

This may increase the stickiness of the project and provide a higher level of on chain recognition for the most dedicated members of the ecosystem in Optiland Quests token rewards program.
Resulting in larger rewards for users of this caliber and prevent mercenaries from purchasing the cheaper collection out of the four that are a part of the program or opening multiple wallets to farm the token rewards. Any other mechanism to increase the impact of one user who is easy to identify on chain rather than the profit many will try to make from farming.

I hope this helps and love the bunnies on the website as your team pictures.

1 Like

Thank you! There would be a manual verification process at the end of each weekly quest to review each entry to make sure the responses are valid and eliminate obvious farming attempts.

The goal is to educate our community on the different protocols that exist on optimism so they are more likely to stay engaged within the ecosystem and believe in the utilities of holding OP.

2 Likes

Have you thought about using Tide?

Tide has an audience system to mitigate Sybil attacks and fake engagement; for example, you can make the campaign accessible only to Optimism Bridgers. Moreover, they have a permissionless campaign builder to launch web3 marketing programs with a few clicks (including learn-to-earn initiatives)

By mid/end of April, you will also be able to distribute ERC-20 tokens directly from Tide.

For example, Subli, a web3 educator focused on Optimism, got a grant to grow its educational account and will leverage Tide: https://twitter.com/Subli_Defi/status/1632127033399730176.

For full disclosure, I work for Tide.

1 Like

My question was on the token distribution aspect and I’m glad that you mention they will have that soon. Thanks for putting this out there.

Moreover, through Tide, it is possible to eliminate the manual work of the tier system based on holding one or more NFTs.

1 Like

Thank you for submitting this grant application! Throughout the application process, this forum thread will be one of the official means of communication. Please be sure to monitor it for updates over the course of the review period.

At this stage, applications are mainly being reviewed for completeness, and nothing at this stage should be construed as support or opposition by any members of the Grants Council.

Not strictly necessary, but is there a past or draft version of one of these that we could see as an example?

We recommend more specificity. For example, your benchmark milestones could be, “Launch a new quest every Monday and publicize it on communications channels X, Y, and Z” and/or “Publish metrics that include how many users attempted and completed a quest every X weeks.”

For your own benefit, this should be very specific and unambiguous, since critical milestones are what unlocks each successive tranche of funding for your grant plan. An example of a possible critical milestone for this grant plan could be, “Publish an update on this thread that details the quests initiated to date, how many users attempted each, how many successfully completed the quests, and how much of the grant was given out. This will occur no later than 6 weeks from receipt of OP tokens. If the grant plan needs adjustment based on learnings from the first 6 weeks, those will be communicated clearly in this update.”

Typically, we also recommend clearly stating that team wallets will be excluded from both rewards and any key metrics being measured.

Further guidance on milestones can be found here: Milestone Assessment

Thank you, and GFX Labs or other Grants Council members will follow up here with any further questions throughout the process. Do not hesitate to ask questions here (tagging whichever Council Member a question is for, or @GrantsOps generally, will increase the speed of response).

2 Likes

Thank you for the thoughtful response. I will make some updates to the milestone based on what you suggested shortly.

I will try to come up with an example quest by the end of the week.

1 Like

@GFXlabs Hi just want to mention the requested changes to milestone and example have been made

2 Likes

I see this proposal as definitely a huge amount of work and an idea that will greatly affect activity in the ecosystem
So I will be excited to see the implementation of this quest in action

One major point that has raised questions for me is a rather strange bug on your website https://www.optiland.xyz/
It’s not specifically related to your proposal, but still needs a fix

1 Like

What bug are you talking about? I looked at the website and couldn’t understand what you meant.

1 Like

Am I the only one with this bug?

I can scroll well beyond the size of the site

1 Like

I’m not seeing this on mobile. Good spot! Hopefully the team sees this message.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out. It will be looked into.

3 Likes

good catch! just made a fix. you might need to open a fresh browser to see the change

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s working great now, guys @Cryptofox @DistractionBoy
Great job

Looking forward to updates on your quest

1 Like

As a reminder while grant evaluations are being finalized, grant distribution is as follows:

Should a grant plan be approved, the applicant will receive 40% of total funding. In order to unlock the remainder, critical milestones must be met. Please make sure that you are comfortable with your critical milestones and that they will be easy to verify. It is also advised (where appropriate) to be prepared to submit documentation that the milestones have been met to avoid delayed disbursement of the remaining funds.

If you are comfortable with your milestones, then no action is needed.

Honestly, I really like that idea of incremental disbursements. Aside from the obvious benefits to the collective, it forces the recipient to keep some level of records, which will be useful anyway in applying for future potential grants. It’s much easier to make records at the time everything is happening rather than 6 months later.

1 Like

Publishing the progress on our milestones:

Milestones can be measured on:

Milestones will be met weekly and will include a weekly quest and a review of the quest from the previous week. A new quest will be launched every Sunday and publicize it on Optiland’s Twitter and Discord accounts. Public metrics such as how many users attempted a quest and completed a quest will be published every week.

We have completed 4 quests featuring different apps that exist in the Optimism ecosystem so far and are in the process of completing the 5th quests. We have launched 5 weekly quests and publicized it on our twitter and discord accounts. Please see below:

Week 1 - ZonicApp

Week 2 - Thales

Week 3 - Manifold.xyz

Week 4 - Sound.xyz

Week 5 - dForce

Critical Milestone is:

Publish an update on this thread that details the quests initiated to date, how many users attempted each, how many successfully completed the quests, and how much of the grant was given out. This will occur no later than 6 weeks from receipt of OP tokens. If the grant plan needs adjustment based on learnings from the first 6 weeks, those will be communicated clearly in this update.

Week 1 - ZonicApp
Number of users attempted the quest: 164
Number of users completed the quest: 125
Pass rate: 76%
Number of OP given out: 10 OP per user who completed successfully

Week 2 - Thales
Number of users attempted the quest: 168
Number of users completed the quest: 150
Pass rate: 89%
Number of OP given out: 8.3333 OP per user who completed successfully

Week 3 - Manifold.xyz
Number of users attempted the quest: 172
Pass rate: 87%

Week 4 - Sound.xyz
Number of users attempted the quest: 204
Number of users completed the quest: 160
Pass rate: 78%
Number of OP given out: 7.8125 OP per user who completed successfully

Week 5 and Week 6 data will be published upon completion in the next 2 weeks.

1 Like

Week 5 - dForce

Number of users attempted the quest: 194
Pass rate: 77%

3 Likes

Great quests, i like how you are teaching your community about the various dapps in the optimism ecosystem