OPerating Manual of the Optimism Collective (v0.1.2) [OLD]

Optimism governance model is very interested.

I like how the govenance system is transparent.

I am looking forward to the start of voting, we should speak up for the better development of the community

1 Like

great op next project

Hi - Just came across this and excited for this new crypto governance experiment. Curious if anyone here understands how stuff like changes to network parameters will work. From this link (Governance Overview | Optimism Docs) it seems that itā€™s the responsibility of both houses. So does that mean that each house must vote in favor of the proposal for it to pass? Sort of like both chambers of the US Congress (Senate & House of Representatives) approving a new bill of law?

Seems like thereā€™s some good ideas coming out of optimismā€¦ May even help change the way the world works :eyes:

OP governance very interested!

yes, you are right but there is more to that. more on this OPeratin Manual quite interesting, inst ?

see you guys next 2 years :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Very interesting concept. Looking forward on how Citizenā€™s house will come into play.

its such a good suggestion we can do moren from dao

interesting :heart_eyes: I like how the govenance system is transparent.

Iā€™m concerned about the use of third party, ā€œDiscord,ā€ in governance. Discord is not trusted by all OP citizens and from what Iā€™ve read in the Delegate Commitments, not all prospective delegates own Discord accounts. Why not just use the internal OP forum for such matters where at least you have relative certainty that youā€™re not dealing with a bot?

In the operating manual v0.1 of the official web site it describes 3 phases: OPerating Manual of the Optimism Collective (v0.1) | Optimism Docs

And in the governance forum the manual v.01.1 describes 4 phases: OPerating Manual of the Optimism Collective (v0.1.1)

To unify criteria, shouldnā€™t they mean the same thing?

Which is the correct version?

Hi,

As the 0.1.1 version number is greater than 0.1, the 4 phases is the correct version :grinning:

I agree that a lot of people, including me, doesnā€™t have any trust on discord. Maybe a group on Lens protocol can be an interesting option.

1 Like

Could you elaborate more on the cutting criteria between token holders casting their vote directly and delegating to 3rd party (delegates) to vote?

I wish Op Citizen will be focus on to build a long term Op goverance. This L2 project have potential to set future L2 chain .

1 Like

if you delegate to yourself, you will need to vote on proposals and if you delegate your token to someone, you are trusting that person to vote on your behalf.

4 Likes

Prob jumping the gun a bit but test proposals on snapshot not recognizing op balance, but i havenā€™t checked if i was in positive op balance at block 9,279,118