Geo Web: Growth Experiments - Cycle 11

Hello and thank you for your proposal! Throughout the application process, this forum thread will be one of the official means of communication. Please be sure to monitor it for updates over the course of the review period.

At this stage, applications are mainly being reviewed for completeness, and nothing at this stage should be construed as support or opposition by any members of the Grants Council.

Just a few questions on my side to help improve the proposal and my understanding of things:

• How does Geo Web plan to handle public goods (picking projects, distribution, etc.), and will there be any collaboration with Optimism public goods? Can you provide some details on the approach and any potential partnerships or collaborations in this area?

Just to make it clear, will this reimburse the full cost of the parcel or more? I know that’s related to the value of OP and ETH, though just want to see if that’s the idea.

Given it’s all going to public goods anyway, I just want to make sure there isn’t a profit incentive for users to claim large amounts and farm OP rewards.

[quote] Please provide benchmark milestones for this project. These milestones should guide the Optimism community on the progress of your project throughout your work on the project. Do not use the distribution of the grant itself as a milestone:

• The Geo Web’s public announcement of the OP incentive program and structure
  • Parcel claim #200 (can be monitored at Geo Web Parcel License (GEOL) Token Tracker | Optimism)
  • Parcel claim #800
  • Parcel claim #1000
  • Development progress targeted during the grant period:
    • Web3Auth & fiat-to-crypto onramp for the Cadastre to improve the claiming UX
    • Release a persistent, shared, & cross-platform AR use case for Geo Web parcel licensors

Please define critical milestones for this project. Critical milestones are meant to show good-faith efforts to accomplish the project. Non-completion of these milestones could lead to the revocation of remaining grant rewards. Do not use the distribution of the grant itself as a milestone:

• Deploying the OP incentive Safe
  • Monthly payouts of rewards to users based on claims via the CSV Airdrop app integrated with Safe
  • Running our first public goods funding allocation round with protocol treasury funds

The benchmark milestones provided lack defined timelines and do not follow the Milestone Assessment. Please refer to the Milestone Assessment to ensure that your project can be considered for a grant.

Besides all of that, I think the idea is really interesting, and being public goods maximalists is a great thing for the project. The grant size is one of the best I’ve seen as it’s VERY fair to where the project is at.

1 Like