[FINAL] Velodrome: Fostering Inclusive Governance through Leading Optimism Builders and Long-term Users

Hey @tao, I really like the idea behind this proposal, but I have few questions.

First, at the beginning you say:

Baseline grant amount: 1M OP (Entire grant amount goes to participants, not Alliance)

but later when presenting grant breakdown, you say:

• 350K OP (35%): Budget to develop, audit, deploy and support the govNFT contracts that will enable the distribution of vested OP tokens (i.e., no-sale rule) to participants

so do I understand correctly that 350K will be used to fund the development?

Also @lavande could you provide some clarification regarding the grant policy here? Grant policy says that:

OP received through Builders Grants, including Missions that do not pass OP directly on to end users, should not be sold by the grant recipient for a period of one year.

but does it mean that only the part of the grant that is meant to fund the development is subject to 1yr lock and the other part that is supposed to be directly distributed might be delivered earlier?

Also the policy states that:

Token grants must not be self-delegated for use in governance

but how does this relate to this proposal? Are the beneficiaries of this mission (like the onboarded protocols) even able to self-delegate those tokens?

1 Like