(Final) V2. Code of Conduct Council Operating budget re-scope for season 6. (cycle 23b)

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move towards a vote.

1 Like

I really appreciate the work the community and @juankbell did as response to the defeat of the previous proposal.

It’s good to see and the budget is better now.

Unfortunately I still believe the Code of Conduct council does not need to exist. Managing conflicts is something individuals should do responsibly but there is no need for a council to enforce it in my opinion.

Polynya mentioned there is a lot of toxicity in crypto and that is also unfortunately true. But creating Code of conduct councils trying to dictate a certain way of behaviour is not the way to address this.

4 Likes

The following reflects the views of L2BEAT’s governance team, composed of @kaereste and @Sinkas, and it’s based on the combined research, fact-checking, and ideation of the two.

We are voting FOR the proposal.

Although we voted against the first version of this proposal during the previous voting cycle, our main argument was the increased requested budget. The amended proposal version still proposes a budget higher than we would have hoped for, but we’re much more comfortable voting for the revised amount.

Overall, we believe the Code of Conduct Council is a valuable aspect of the Collective and we want to see it renewed for Season 6.

At the present moment, the a big part of issues are adeptly handled by the Foundation, serving as a central point for conflict resolution and problem solving. However, as we transition towards a more decentralized structure, the Foundation will no longer exist as a safety net for us to fall back on when faced with difficulties. This change will fundamentally transform how we approach and resolve issues within the Collective.

However, the successful implementation of the Code of Conduct council will not happen overnight. We need to put considerable thought, effort and experimentation into figuring out the most effective way to integrate it into our DAO. It’s crucial that we get this right, as we will probably be reliant on this system in the future.

4 Likes