Enabling $OP as a gas token on Optimism Network!

What does
Sol use
avax use
Bsc use
This list can go on for ever

They all use their token for transactions , so why doesn’t $op? Every one keeps saying governance , but let’s be honest the top whales will control the votes . As they do in every project . Otherwise $op token is pretty worthless

6 Likes

thoughts on the application on using the $OP. Optimism could take a page out of Arbitrum in terms of pricing fees, using a moving average and a correction factor and an inbuilt dex aggregator, the sequencer can have a store of ETH as a buffer and all incoming $OP are swapped for $ETH for L1 posting fees. When the L1 fees spike, the L2 fees would slowly move upwards, eating into the buffer while the correction factor adjust to recoup the buffer. Similarly, in the far distance future, when sequencers are decentralised, the option of using their own choice of swap (AMM, OTC, Order Book style DEX) can be handed over to each individual sequencer.

4 Likes

Agreed, this would allow optimism to be applied in more places

3 Likes

Good idea . This would make op community stronger

2 Likes

In fact, we can use $OP & &ETH together as an option for gas token, and balance the value of $OP & $ETH charged. The advantage of this is that it can improve the liquidity between L1 & L2.

2 Likes

I think this idea is great. I hope it starts

2 Likes

这是不可能的。在 Optimism 上收取的费用直接用于支付写入以太坊主网的费用。如果您收取较少的费用,那么就没有足够的 OP 来出售以太币,那么汇总需要发布它的证明。费用不是任意的。

2 Likes

It would be great if that happened

1 Like

I fully support the idea of using the OP token to pay for gas and voting. I think this is the best thing that could be thought of. In the future, it will be possible to vote for the burning of fee gas.

2 Likes

I really support this, but this is not the most important thing for now, I think for now the most important thing is community stability

1 Like

That will be pretty awesome!

1 Like

Also in agreement, the congestion that occurred during OP token claims is a good justification, although repercussions in the ecosystem ought to be revised as well that we may not be aware of if this is done. Any elite shadow devs have opinions on the matter? Positive aspects, negative aspects?

1 Like

Please support this idea by sharing this on twitter also don’t forget to liking the proposal. We need many $Op loves onboard to get this to a vote. Thank you! Share and like please. Also keep the discussion active with your honest take on this.

$Op governess token can literally be 2 dimensional , voting and as the Gas token. Then the overall token value and the project value goes up. New amendments are needed at this point. #optimism 🔴🌟🔴🚀

support the idea here 👇https://t.co/MGYcrbDw1k

— ApePrince.eth 👑 (@princecrypto9) June 3, 2022
1 Like

Great idea! Looking forward!

1 Like

Not a good idea, Optimism is a part of ethereum.

It shall begreat to activate OP as gas fee. I hope community will vote yes on it.

1 Like

Using ETH coins is the best. The OP has no purpose in that aspect. If because of expecting the price to increase, probably not the OP community.

I’d like to see this happen

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware. Thank you for pointing it out.

1 Like

非常好,支持非常好,支持非常好,支持非常好,支持

1 Like