Enabling $OP as a gas token on Optimism Network!

Great its a good decision i think best for #OP

1 Like

what is your thoughts on allowing users to pay in any token/coin, at least ETH, USDC and OP, like zksync does ?

Seems like this could be a good idea for affordability versus continuing with using ETH. How would that effect liquidity? Would it go help since it’s is keeping into optimism?

I need this, Bring my OP to the ecosystem and be able to interact with the different projects paying my fee with OP. :pray: :+1:

1 Like

Yes, the sell pressure can’t be ignored. What these people really want is a burn mechanism for optimism. Which could be done by directing excess transaction fees to buying/burning OP tokens.

I don’t agree with that. I would rather use all available funds to grow the protocol, but the “burn” meme is strong.

1 Like

I have started a discussion about a buyback and burn program.
You can view that below:

1 Like

absolutely agree this idea.

1 Like

I don’t think only OP should be used like gas token. It complicates everything again and it can make problems for new users. Would be nice to have for example 2 options. ETH and OP but with OP you have some discount on fees.

1 Like

#Enabling $OP as a gas token on Optimism Network…must approve by OP team

2 Likes

yes ,OP Token Use for Gas Fees on Optimism Network,but also forgoverment token on Optimism Network

1 Like

I aggree, that a good idea!

1 Like

It’s a good idea, I think it works

2 Likes

It really a good idea.

2 Likes

Cannot agree more about this fatanstic idea.it will bring more useage of the token and bring more value of the toekn which is good for all

2 Likes

It’s a good idea but i’m worry if we use OP then the new comer will not come to our ecosystem.

I agree ,make OP valuable

1 Like

This idea makes so much sense…pls go ahead.

its such a good idea . i had suggested it a month ago

I am sure that it should be ONLY ONE possibility to pay the gas - as to use OP token!!! It is only the way how to increase adoption and usage of the Optimism Network!!!

Appreciate your patience in responding to these posts by people named things like “ApePrince” :woman_facepalming:. Totally in agreement with your arguments, it is not only not necessary, but actively counterproductive to the ecosystem to pay for gas in $OP.

Moonbois coming out in force on these forums.

1 Like