[REVIEW] [GF: Phase 1 Proposal] [Updated template] Safe

I agree with this proposal!

support this proposal

I support this proposal as both an Optimism user and builder because Safe is critical infrastructure for secure on-chain asset storage. Being able to operate securely on-chain is required to make an ecosystem that is sustainable long-term.

I’d like to highlight why this is important from the builder’s perspective.

I’m one of the founders of Den. We help on-chain organizations move fast without compromising on security. Den is built on Safe and supports Safe users on Optimism.

It was easy for Den to quickly onboard Safe users on Optimism because of the open, accessible infrastructure Safe has created. This means a better experience for all types of Safe users because builders can create custom experiences for different use cases.

Dedicating funding to make this infrastructure more resilient and easier to use will benefit all Optimism users.

3 Likes

Hi! @SafeGuardian, glad to see Safe here. Please can you explain more about the planned rules or spending strategy in this regard:

Thank you!

@SEED_LATAM_Joxes

The exact rules and strategy need to be reviewed by SafeDAO, but the concept is straightforward.

1. The DAO would distribute OP tokens to dApps who integrate with our Safe Apps sdk, pass the Safe’s security review and get added as a default Safe App on Optimism.

2. The DAO would distribute OP to active Safe users on Optimism, in a move to incentivize their activity on the Optimism network. Similar to 1inch.

As an Optimism delegate with voting power above the required threshold I believe this proposal is ready. Delegate Commitments - #71 by MoneyManDoug

2 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate [Delegate Commitments - #65 by mastermojo ] with sufficient voting power, and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote

1 Like

@MoneyManDoug @mastermojo - let know what else I can do to move this to a vote!

Is this necessary? Safe just had a massive fundraise, which is excellent news, but I don’t see how this $100k is necessary for this grant rn. It could just be plugged in later for the RGPF, rewarded based on your impact, which will be quite large anyway.

The distribution is somewhat vague within the categories themselves, but I can see in another comment that your strategy is still under review. Any update on that front?

2 Likes

Hey @Bobbay_StableNode, we only launched yesterday with the DAO, so the full OP distribution strategy will be reviewed at a later date. Excuse the lack of deadline there, but it’s early DAO days for us compared to Optimism.

As @OPUser mentioned, the foundation outlined that dev funding is within the guidelines, and the team reached out to us directly to make this proposal. Given the amount of TVL we currently secure (over $1.1 billion) on OP, we believe it’s fair to request funding (0.01%) for future maintenance of the Safe services in the coming years.

We’re happy to get allocated less in RGDF as a result, in order to get budget clarity on our OP services in the future. Seeing as we still need to run the following:

• Host Optimism version of the Safe UI
  • Run the Optimism Safe transaction service
  • Maintain the Optimism Safe App Store
  • Provide 24/7 user support on Safe <> OP
  • Deploy new contract versions to Optimism
3 Likes

I appreciate that your DAO days have just begun! Thanks for the insight; I have no issue with dev funding, as its within the guidelines. With that logic of 0.01%, that’s more than fair, I’m happy to support this proposal.

1 Like

nice, would love to see

I still support your proposal, however I think you need to repost it under “phase 1, Cycle 7” for us to move forward, or if an edit works I’ll submit my approval again just in case.

As an Optimism delegate with voting power above the required threshold I believe this proposal is ready. Delegate Commitments - #71 by MoneyManDoug

1 Like

@mastermojo @OPUser - any chance you could also re-submit your approval now that it’s been moved to cycle-7?

Thank you for the tag. Would love to support but I dont hold 0.5% of voting power anymore.

We are an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power (1.18% of the vote), and we believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote. Delegate Commitments - #69 by fig

You guys need to make sure you post your two delegates approval to the above post. Doug and myself gave you the OK. The deadline is tomorrow to get this posted.

1 Like

No need for me to repost my approval; its been good this whole time.

Snapshot vote is here. Would appreciate you casting your vote or abstaining! @MoneyManDoug @mastermojo @fig

Will the quorum for GF cycle 2 still be 30% as per OPerating-manual/manual.md at main · ethereum-optimism/OPerating-manual · GitHub?

1 Like