[DRAFT] [GF: Phase 1 Proposal] Pocket Network

To answer your questions:

• Indeed, retroactive funding phase hasn’t been announced. There’s no set date yet announced from the Optimism Foundation as far as I am aware. You can read about it more here.
  • If you are requesting support and funding directly form the Optimism Foundation, there’s a specific form to fill in order to get a partner’s grant. This is part of the 5.4% of the OP token supply dedicated to the partner fund. Find the form here

• A proposal submitted on gov.optimism.io is part of the Governance fund, voted and discussed by the community, and eventually voted on by the Token House, or governance participants.

• Cycle 8 has already began and votes are on snapshot. Cycle 9 will be dedicated to grants council and protocol delegation program proposals. January 19th: Season 3 starts with Voting Cycle #10. See more here.

That being said, I do see that you can both try to reach out for a partners fund, as well as ask for a grant from the governance fund cycle #10 incentivizing usage of your RPC endpoints.

I will give you my feedback, and you can feel free to take it or adjust it based on your judgement. A better proposal from Pocket imho would:

1. Encourage new builders to deploy to Optimism with its RPC endpoints. The funds would be used for the usage of RPC endpoints for projects that haven’t deployed yet on Optimism.

2. Encourage previously deployed projects to continue using your RPC endpoints. Part of of the grant is to subsidize your RPC endpoints (34% for example), while another paid by developers (33%), and the rest 33% you can offer as co-incentives. Letting developers pay for your would validate that you are offering a superior product than the free tiers of other providers.

3. Not encourage exchanging the grant received for POKT token. The community isn’t a fan of dumping governance grant for other protocols tokens. I tired understanding why there needs to be a token for validators to run a node but I wasn’t able to. You probably have a very clear answer, so if there’s an absolute need to exchange OP for POKT, I would clarify it clearly in your proposal.

2 Likes