[DRAFT][GF: Phase 1 Proposal] Giveth - Cycle #10 [ARCHIVED ORIGINAL]

I’ve only used Giveth on xDAI/Gnosis, so am I correct in assuming that your OP implementation would be the same functionality, with the same grants available to fund, effectively just with a different payment method?

Exactly. Each project would have the ability to collect funds on Optimism, just as they do today on Mainnet and Gnosis.

Also, can you confirm if GIV is deployed yet to Optimism, and if so what the contract address is?

It is not on Optimism yet. We will work on bridging it next week and I will update here when we get a token address.

Lastly, just wondered why SushiSwap? I applaud the choice, as in the interests of decentralization I think it is better if liquidity doesn’t all accumulate on the biggest platforms and Sushi has a pretty small presence on Optimism, but I’m just interested in what your reasoning was?

We want a constant product 50/50 pool, and I think with their name recognition and this proposal passing:

more TVL will accrue to Sushiswap than is there now; Simply put, we are trying to skate to where the puck is going. The other DEXs either don’t use the standard 50/50 constant product pool or don’t have sooooo much more TLV that it’s worth the gamble.

At least that was my assessment! This is just a draft proposal, we are very open to feedback and if there is a better DEX out there that we should use, I’m all ears!

2 Likes