[DRAFT] [GF: Phase 1 Proposal] Abracadabra Money - Cycle #8

Curve has begun making moves on Optimism and looking to expand its presence moving forward.

We have two new gauges voted in since the proposal was written (3pool and FRAXBP), TVL has doubled, weekly volume has 4x’d. Curve and Abra have a deeply intertwined history working together, and especially now that Abra has voted to lock CRV and vote in Curve governance, it would be in your interest to work with Curve on Optimism. No disrespect to other DEX’s, which you should certainly experiment with, but Curve has an established history and proven itself to be a sustainable and secure platform. The prudent strategy is to allocate according to risk, which should consider longevity, team, and brand.

I suggest Abra propose a Curve gauge on Optimism and make use of its locked CRV to help direct liquidity toward your own pool. Hopefully the above proposal passes, which means the gauged MIM pool will receive additional OP incentives.

I found this lukewarm take on working with Curve disappointing, because of our history as partners, and especially since Abra is the one that stands to benefit the most. But I understand the post was written a month ago and things change fast. Now you are aware Curve is expanding on Optimism and we want to continue the relationship with Abra that we have had so far on mainnet.

1 Like