Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Hi Quixotic!

The Discord link you supplied is for your own server. However we need the handle of a team member to add you to a delegate discussion channel in Discord. Please provide a handle. In the meantime I have added markd#9932 (web3mark | Quixotic). Please let me know if youā€™d like to swap this out!

Hi Linda!

It seems you are not a member of the Optimism Discord. Please join the Optimism Discord using this link so we can add you to the channel. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Devon!

Seems you are not in our Discord server. Please join the Optimism Discord server so we can add you to the delegates chat! Thanks.

Hi @tongnk, @NathanVDH @fig

Seems like you are not in the Optimism Discord server. Please join so we can add you to the delegate channel!

The discord channel will serve as a public form for more in depth and high signal deliberation between delegates that meet the minimum delegation of 0.5% of voting supply.

3 Likes

markd#9932 is great! Thanks so much

1 Like

Name : Rayne aka Knowledgeable Idiot

Address or ENS: zenodotus.eth & rayneman.eth (One of the OP 45 :red_circle: :heart: :red_circle:)

Discord username : 0xzenodotus | DecentrAgora#5433

Verification: Main , Sub

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As a delegate, I wish to uphold ethical, constructive values that encourage positive growth for Ethereum and the Optimism network.

My values are in direct alignment with the core values of the Ethereum foundation and Optimism collective.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 97:

I believe that the Optimistic Vision 97 is a forerunner to a stable and ethical moral standard for the development of public goods. Itā€™s in my belief that the Web3 industry needs positive and morally aligned individuals seeking for Ethereum to grow as strong as their project. (When built on top or alongside)

Public goods do not have to suffer from a lack of funding and supportā€” regarding research, development and sustainability. In fact, we have moral obligations as a society to reinforce and finance their operations to ensure the future citizens of our world have access to basic necessities and new technological advances. We have the ability to ensure that public goods have sustainable business models and active supporters. That way, they last good and long instead of great and short.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. I heavily believe in the first article. People need to embrace ā€˜Shoshinā€™ or the beginners mind. The ability to freely experiment toward ā€˜impossibleā€™ concepts creates real innovation.

2. The dual governing method is very intriguing to me. Iā€™ve spent time modelling a dual governance system, and I think there is room to innovate and expand this concept.

3. It makes sense that the Optimism Collective will become more decentralized over time as nothing gets decentralized without a starting point. The Optimism Foundation should get welcomed from this standpoint.

My Web3 interests:

a) The OG Cypherpunk ideologyā€” cryptoanarchism. A focus on privacy, sovereign identity, political, and economic freedoms. (As proposed by Tim May)

b) Decentralized systems, projects and concepts.

c) On-chain credentials and proof of work in the form of on-chain reputation.

Languages I speak and write:

• English

My skills and areas of expertise:

• DAOs and decentralized orgs
  • Smart contracts and multi-signature contracts
  • Public goods
  • Writing; both technical and creative
  • Sustainable Systems
  • Systems Engineering and Design

My favourite Web3 projects:

7 Likes

Name: Marc Arjoon

Address or ENS: arjoon.eth

Discord username: arjoon#8328

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/marcarjoon/status/1535028218914344960

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I understand

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Governance, voting and the separation of powers have always been keen interests of mine. This is a rare moment where one can make a difference in a powerful decentralized, technological and social movement and Iā€™d love to use my skillsets to help navigate the waters ahead. I believe that Optimism has a powerful mission and a great culture surrounding their team and the wider community.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : I love the use of first principles thinking to embody core values into the essence of the protocols and social layers. Utilizing free markets to enhance the value of public goods is a brilliant idea and the end goal of serving basic human needs as a built-in feature of an economy is something that Iā€™ve strived towards as an individual. I love the optimism!

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: Itā€™s refreshing to see a governance that starts from a position of humility and is relatively flexible early on. Similar to other two-token models I believe that governance also requires a ā€œmodularā€ approach :wink: . I also agree with a formal tried and tested governance model initially which will then better coordinate the path towards a functioning decentralised model.

My Web3 interests: ā€œData and analytics, DeFi, Economics, Writing, Zero knowledgeā€

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: I have a background in TradFi but currently work in web3 research. In my previous roles I worked as an equity research analyst and as a financial consultant focusing on growth, valuation, and risk management. I have a formal education in mathematics, economics, and financial computing so itā€™s no surprise that I love this space. I love deriving insights from data and sharing my findings!

My favorite Web3 projects: ENS, Bankless, Argent

2 Likes

Just joined, thanks!

the delegation compensation should be properly set.

Name: ThaCodeBlok

Address or ENS: 0x55FB540BE6496628faD9286A98fE35f39e4cfCF6

Discord username: spyda#1206

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/BlokTha/status/1535744858463145985

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to be a delegate because I strongly believe that networks like this will be the future of how people work together around the world. My friends and I have already started creating DAOs and sent not only mainnet native tokens but atl tokens to each other to make promises and transfer value. I would like to be a delegate because I would like to be a part of what makes blockchain technology an equitable and inclusive environment where everyone can take part in its evolution for the betterment of the collective.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 99: One thing that I like about the Optimistic Vision is it starts from a place of empathy, and Iā€™m interested in studying the impact=profit paradigm closely. I also believe just like in this vision document that now is the right time to start building a system that merges the physical world and the digital world because at this present moment our (i.e., humanityā€™s) currently financial, and societal system are not equipped to handle this convergence properly. Therefore, we need to start creating systems that not only tie these worlds together, but the foundational focus should have the betterment of all people as its core.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: Article one, spoke about the unsustainability of a fixed model governmental system. Having a commitment to experimentation of the system is very important because to solve problems a scientific approach is necessary. Also, having a transitory document will allow us to evaluate the impacts of past actions so that better improvements and alignment to principles of the collective is possible. Article two having a fair and balance check and balancing system intent is to keep the interest of the collection in harmony with the Optimistic Vision. This system should always be is balance and coexist equally within the collective. Article three, as the collective grows the interest of the foundation should change and move toward decentralization decreasing the need for a managing board which is centralized in nature.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Decentralization, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: Web application development and Cloud solutions

My favorite Web3 projects: Ethereum, Optimism, Polygon, Uniswap, AAVE

2 Likes

Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

1 Like

Is there any way to still become a delegate or has that ship sailed?

1 Like

You betā€™cha. You can change who you wish to delegate to at any point in time.

1 Like

To be more clear, I was asking if it is too late to become a delegate.

Name: Organized Chaos
Address or ENS: 0xef0905745ce28eBe1deD7004146132fBfba548bA
Discord username: Organized Chaos#2203
Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/cemboadi/status/1538560858300743680?s=20&t=WA51EEQNC3pisOIlBcQGxQ
I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Read and understood.
I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: I do.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: My purpose as a delegate is to act as a handbrake. After more than 7 years in the crypto industry, it is still far too rosy. I am currently working as an emerging technologies policy lawyer in a European member state ministry and also a national representative to the European Blockchain Partnership of the European Commission. My goals are long term, and my attitude is risk averse. Do not expect positive feedbacks on proposals, do not expect cheering comments. The end goal is a self-sustaining ecosystem where projects and people can grow qualitatively and quantitatively. I am your grumpy, in the end right, grandpa. The ''always stay OPtimistic" is absolutely not my ethos.

I share the ethos of Ray Dalio: ā€œIf you are not worrying, you should be worriedā€

My view on the Optimistic Vision : way too OPtimistic. Why using a hyped term like Web3 in the first sentence? What is web3 and to whoes benefit is the term Web3?

However, working in politics for a long time I have learned ā€˜visionsā€™ are important. They set the mark on the horizon. It functions as a magnet for people willing to build and gain knowledge and resources. I do like terms as ā€™ digital democratic governanceā€™ and profitable public goods. It almost sound political. Which makes me doubt at the same time. Who set these goals? In what way OP wants to accomplish this? At the cost of what? Within what timeframe? Many questions that need to be addressed before an ecosystem can actually be called an ecosystem

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: The articles are well-formulated. There is a train of thought behind them and the aim is cooperation and joint advocacy. The latter is very important. Almost everyone wants to be part of the ecosystem for personal gain. The question is how to use game theory so that everyone can achieve personal gain, but at the same time, the ecosystem can flourish. What we have seen in recent years is that when things go downhill, many of the ecosystem participants disappear. This is not crazy, this is human. It is therefore important to build in the right incentives so that the ecosystem as a whole, but also the individual participant, can flourish.

These articles seem like a good first step, but again there are many loose ends that need to be answered in the long run.

My (Web3) interests: DAOs, DeFi, Economics, Governance, Identity, Legal, Oracles, Social impact, Government.

Languages I speak and write: Fluent/Native: Dutch, German, Turkish, English.

My skills and areas of expertise: Legal, Government, Risk Management Emerging Technologies

My favorite Web3 projects: GRO dao, Redacted Cartel, Concordium

2 Likes

Name: Lofi Jingles

Address or ENS: hodle.eth

Discord username: LoFi#7899

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/Lofi_jingles/status/1538975189282828292?s=20&t=2oLDIMSpwCADW1cXLPD1JQ

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Ivā€™e spent the last 6 +yrs working full time as a degen, trading and building connections.
So as someone who lives from the space full time, I believe I can contribute valuable governance.

I align with the values of the Optimism project because scaling Ethereum is important along with fairness to the community.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :

Optimism has the potential to change the environment for public goods. Most public goods are underfunded and misaligned with incentives. I believe Optimism represents a great opportunity to make an impact and Iā€™d like to help contribute.

I like the approach of the 4yr bedrock with a commitment to experimentation for dynamic governance, it makes a lot of sense to start humble and adapt to the environment. It also makes a lot of sense to use a bicameral governance system and avoid the concentration of power. this is super important in crypto when community is involved. I agree with all the outlined approaches here to build the strongest and fairest community.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ā‰¤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: ā€œA, B, Cā€.

DAOs, Economics, NFTs, DeFi, Governance, Social impact

English

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional]
Like i said i have on the ground experience as a full time degen from early 2017, and believe i represent the common crypto user. I have strong economic and incentive alignment understanding, along with a network of devs and other people in the space.

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional]

• too many
  • All L1s
  • All zksnarks and zksTarks based projects
2 Likes

Name: jrocki

Address or ENS: jrocki.eth

Discord username: Reformed_Normie#2580

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe that if we are able to create a sustainable retroactive public goods funding model on Optimism this approach will become the gold standard for all digital communities. As an advocate for web3, I would like to be part of the group that proves we can build a better governance and economic model for the world.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: It is incredibly important that the vision emphasizes that building public goods can and will be incredibly profitable. This idea does not yet exist in any economy currently today as public goods are looked upon as something someone has to create but not generally profitable to the creator.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: Any idea this new requires much experimentation in order to figure out what works and what does not. It is important to outline flexibility in the constitution at first for the aforementioned reason but also important that at some point we solidify the document to provide stability and set expectations for years to come.

My Web3 interests:
NFTs, Gaming, Writing, Governance, Social impact

English (en)

Data and Analytics - My professional experience is mostly in Data and Analytics related jobs
Educational content - youtube.com/@JrockiCrypto
Co-host - The Web3 Experience podcast & weekly twitter spaces (mostly focused on the Optimism Ecosystem)
Links: linktr.ee/jrocki
Delegate Profile

My favorite Web3 projects:
Optipunks, OptiChads, Optimism

2 Likes

Name: Jack Gale

Address or ENS: jackgale.eth

Discord username: jackgale.eth #3663

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/iamjackgale/status/1540971788456321026?s=20&t=-_FFBAarkhI8x7uH1VaM6Q

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I have read and understood the process

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes I understand that this is a significant commitment

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe wholeheatedly in the potential for Web 3.0 to improve human coordination and resolve some of our gravest concerns, and recognise in Optimism
a significant opportunity to experiment and reach towards these goals. As a delegate, I want to help turn this experiment into a thriving and longstanding culture, and to learn and contribute through my participation.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : The core values that Iā€™ve been missing in Web 3.0ā€¦ but still a long way. Retroactive public goods is not the sole solution, and will bring its own challenges. But Optimism should be more than just one approachā€¦ the emphasis is on prioritising the public good, and the rest will need to grow over time.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: Article 1 - flexibility and experimentation are essential at this stageā€¦ glad to see this recognised though I would hope these are imperatives in some sense for all Web 3.0 cultures. Article 2 - I agree wholeheartedly with the coexistence of individuals and voting power, and was drawn to Optimism as one of the few projects that recognise this. However, for me the key word is ā€œequallyā€ā€¦ how will this work over time? And does this mean we must constrain treatment of whale holders to nothing more than the lowliest of citizens? Perhaps this may need to change. Article 3 - this is one of the parts Iā€™m most interested in - the Foundation holds a lot of power at this early stage, and the success of this governance structure sits first and foremost with them. I see delegates as a key vector for scrutiny, and pledge to act as a check and balance on the power of the Foundation whilst the Collective continues to take shape.

My Web3 interests: Accessibility, DAOs, DeFi, Governance, Legal, Social impact

Languages I speak and write: en (fluent), es (conversational)

My skills and areas of expertise: legal and governance - Iā€™m a qualified solicitor in England, and focussed my studies in constitutional and rights law

My favorite Web3 projects: Beefy Finance, Balancer, ENS

3 Likes

Name: Bankless

Address or ENS: 0x3D6CdfaFbfB3B76DC02BbEe72564dD3160eACb8a

Discord username: Ben Giove (bg999#6547)

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: :white_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

• Bankless believes in the ethos of Optimismā€™s solution for MEV. Itā€™s Banklessā€™s belief that the recycling of MEV back into the community is perhaps THE big unlock of the science of cryptoeconomics.
  • If the above statement is true, Bankless would like to help steer that that power into the future which maximizes its potential. Bankless believes that every significant technological breakthrough has a small window of opportunity to turn that neutral discovery into a positive discovery, and therefore it is imperative that we get rights right, early.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 96:

• Bankless believes that the bull case for Ethereum is the scaling of public goods by aligning financial and monetary upside with the betterment of public goods.
  • Ethereum is the handshake between Public goods :handshake:Veblen Goods, formalizing the relationship between human values and the market value of the assets.
  • We see Optimism as a testbed for projects that have the potential to expand beyond Optimism to greater Ethereum. If they can expand to Ethereum, we can expand it beyond Ethereum.

• Optimismā€™s working constitution is a document that illustrates the current state of the science of human political organization. The emphasis on the working part of the working document implies that we are using the current state of human organization as a checkpoint, with the intention to develop and iterate on that state with the cool new technologies being developed in the crypto space.
    • Decentralized identity
    • Web-of-trust capital flows.
    • Programmatic, contract-based governance (when applicable).
  • The Working Constitution resembles the base foundation upon which humans can innovate and evolve humanity greatest problem: governance.

My Web3 interests:

Choose ā‰¤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: ā€œA, B, Cā€.

Writing, Economics, Identity, DAOs, Infrastructure.

English!

• Distilling complex topics into simple and digestible communication
  • High reach and ability to broadcast that communication across the cryptosphere.

My favorite Web3 projects:

• Ethereum
  • Bankless DAO
  • Gitcoin
2 Likes

Was I dream reading or there was a delegate proposal from David from Bankless here ?

2 Likes

Name : Justin

Address or ENS: jmarx.eth

Discord username : jmarxhere#6765

Verification (Tally profile): https://www.tally.xyz/profile/0x09a60649F4d29Abf919dc130E7D517352f988087

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Being a delegate is a significant responsibility. I have voted on all Phase 1 proposals so far, have studied all of the proposals listed, and provided many comments and questions that I hope assist the current delegates in evaluating proposals.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: The Optimistic vision tells us that ā€œWeā€™re presented with an opportunity to reinvent the way we organize in this digital age.ā€ Sign me up!

My view on the Optimistic Vision: Retroactive public goods funding is obviously paradigm-shifting. Providing individual rewards and recognition for positive impact to the community is a highly efficient allocation of capital and a structure that incentivizes good actors and outcomes for everyone. The ideals are, well, beautifully idealistic and we will have a lot of hard work to do to make the Optimism Vision a reality. Stay Optimistic!

Article 1 - The ā€œworkingā€ part of the Constitution sets us up for a really interesting experiment. Did the founding team leave us all with enough guardrails? Iā€™m looking forward to finding out!

Article 2 - The bicameral structure is an important innovation to avoid the plutocratic character of much of the crypto space.

Article 3 ā€“ the Optimism Foundation should publish opinions and guidance. Maximizing decentralization is an important aim, but guidance will help empower small OP holders to get involved alongside the handful of large delegates that are effectively controlling voting so far. In evaluating all of the Phase 0 & 1 proposals so far, I have put in significant energy trying to align my voting with the spirit of the founding team, however it would be very nice to know more about what they think. We need something similar to the Federalist Papers.

My Web3 interests: Governance, DAOs, DeFi, Economics, Legal

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: Writing, designing incentive structures and communicating are the throughlines of my career so far. I trained as a lawyer but have spent a couple decades running a food distribution business. I spend most of my time on marketing and promotion design, but am fluent in financial and economic concepts and practice. Iā€™ve spent most of my free time lately voraciously reading and studying everything that relates to Web3 and feel that I understand the ecosystem very well from a non-technical perspective. I am eager to contribute to the Optimism ecosystem, principally through an energetic analysis of the flood of proposals that work their way through the governance system.

My favorite Web3 projects: Mean.Finance, Superfluid, Aelin

3 Likes