gryffindor#0428

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):
Tally | alanxing

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:
Yes. I have read and understood.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:
Yes. I understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I hold a strong conviction that decentralized governance will elevate our human society to the next level of civilization.

Effective decentralized governance requires active participation from broad base. Effective delegation requires delegates capable of dedicating time and passion as well as connecting to their respective bases. I believe I’m a great representative for underprivileged people and software engineers as I grew up from a harsh childhood life to become software engineers for years. Crypto and Web3 brought me financial independence, allowing me allocate more time to contribute back to the community.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :
The Optimistic Vision has made a lot of leap forwards on how to effectively enable decentalized governance and reward efforts for public good. Overall, it will help contribute to make a better society for our human beings.

My view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution]:
I very much agreed. As the constitution is working and evolving, I plan to keep up and try to make some meaningful contributions to it in the future.

My Web3 interests:
DAOs, DeFi, Governance, NFTs, Economics
Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.

Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

Languages I speak and write:
English and Chinese
Please choose from the [ISO 639-1 ]list

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional]
DAO government, venture capital investment, software development

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional]
MakerDAO, Uniswap, ENS
List ≤ 3 projects

1 Like

Name: Nicole (SimplyCryptoXO)

Address or ENS: 0x556e91e08165389b90cac3c1d4ece2069306586b

Discord username: simplycryptoxo#2312

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://www.tally.xyz/voter/profile/YDQ891

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Read and understand

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a female founder of an upcoming Optimism native project, TapiocaDAO. I strongly believe in Optimism’s vision that with our new digital world, we must create a new fabric to govern in a way which better rewards individuals for creations that benefit us all. Our web3 meritocracy can and will change our world for the better. Since getting involved in DeFi, I’ve fully committed myself to be a cog in this agent of world changing proportions, and being a builder and possibly a delegate on Optimism is a wonderful opportunity I won’t pass up on. We are at a critical juncture in our world, and this is the time to strike.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Centralization and the old guard will not give up easily, but our web3 world is upon us, and it is solely up to us to govern ourselves properly to create a true alternative financial system (and more) that can topple what is already in place. The Optimism Vision and Collective is a mighty sword to wield in this battle; democratically funding goods that fundamentally make everyone’s lives better and completely flattens the playing field for all participants regardless of immutable characteristics.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: The document only being in place for 4 years is an epic shift from for example, America’s constitution which is centuries old document that is adhered to in modern time. Constitutions need to adapt with time and the change that happens in it. However, being committed to an overarching list of goals for some fixed amount of time is appropriate so we can maximally effect to achieve them, and reevaluate with hindsight. Our digital world moves exponentially faster than our traditional world, and we must remember that.

Token based governance systems do have shortcomings, and not simply just relying on token holders to govern is key. Just like every DAO has key members, Optimism’s delegates should be representatives of the community that strive to carry out the will of the collective selflessly. The amendment system and overall voting system I find optimal. Optimism as a whole’s power over decision making should wane over time.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”. Accessibility, Social Impact, DAOs, Writing, and DeFi (of course)

Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

Languages I speak and write: EN

Female founder of a web3 project (Tapioca)
Research analyst
Writer

List ≤ 3 projects

Sushiswap, Gitcoin, Tapioca (haha)

1 Like

Name: Nicole (SimplyCryptoXO)

Address or ENS: tapiocada0.eth

Discord username: simplycryptoxo#2312

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Read and understand

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a female founder of an upcoming Optimism native project, TapiocaDAO. I strongly believe in Optimism’s vision that with our new digital world, we must create a new fabric to govern in a way which better rewards individuals for creations that benefit us all. Our web3 meritocracy can and will change our world for the better. Since getting involved in DeFi, I’ve fully committed myself to be a cog in this agent of world changing proportions, and being a builder and possibly a delegate on Optimism is a wonderful opportunity I won’t pass up on. We are at a critical juncture in our world, and this is the time to strike.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Centralization and the old guard will not give up easily, but our web3 world is upon us, and it is solely up to us to govern ourselves properly to create a true alternative financial system (and more) that can topple what is already in place. The Optimism Vision and Collective is a mighty sword to wield in this battle; democratically funding goods that fundamentally make everyone’s lives better and completely flattens the playing field for all participants regardless of immutable characteristics.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: The document only being in place for 4 years is an epic shift from for example, America’s constitution which is centuries old document that is adhered to in modern time. Constitutions need to adapt with time and the change that happens in it. However, being committed to an overarching list of goals for some fixed amount of time is appropriate so we can maximally effect to achieve them, and reevaluate with hindsight. Our digital world moves exponentially faster than our traditional world, and we must remember that.

Token based governance systems do have shortcomings, and not simply just relying on token holders to govern is key. Just like every DAO has key members, Optimism’s delegates should be representatives of the community that strive to carry out the will of the collective selflessly. The amendment system and overall voting system I find optimal. Optimism as a whole’s power over decision making should wane over time.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”. Accessibility, Social Impact, DAOs, Writing, and DeFi (of course)

Please choose from the ISO 639-1 list

EN

Female founder of a web3 project (Tapioca)
Research analyst
Writer

List ≤ 3 projects

Sushiswap, Gitcoin, Tapioca (haha)

1 Like

Name: Hongjian Jiang

Address or ENS: jhj567.eth

Discord username: jhj#5395

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | 4RMX7Y

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: YES

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: YES

It is necessary to design Citizen’s House and Token’s House to achieve public governance. In order to truly achieve the goal of the impact equals profit, I think more people should be actively involved in governance. On the other hand I want to push the development of stable coins on Ether, especially the progress on layer2. I hope to promote the idea of decentralized stablecoin while participating in governance and building a more robust economic system.

My view on the :
This vision is very passionate. Impact equals profit is an amazing goal, and we need to be actively involved in governance to achieve this vision.

My view on the first three articles of the :
I think the bicameral design is necessary for identity. The use of soul-bound tokens in conducting governance may be the solution to achieve more effective governance. The goal of influence equals profit is terrific, but more people need to spread the idea and there should be a more active discussion in the community about detailed options.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, Governance, Identity, Writing, Social impact

English Chinese

My skills and areas of expertise:
I am a graduate student with a research interest in bionic robotics. I started to learn about Ethereum in 2018 and have used many defi protocols, which has made me appreciate the impact and change of blockchain on our lives. Currently following the stablecoin project Reflexer and participating in community discussions, I hope to use control theory to reduce the volatility of ETH. On the other hand, vitalik’s paper on SBT opened my eyes to the new paradigm of artificial intelligence and I hope to contribute to DeSoc’s vision.

UNISWAP ENS Reflexer

2 Likes

Name : Vikram

Address or ENS: kramnatius.eth

Discord username : Gekko #8049

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | YWGXE4

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes I understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe in the collective vision of rewarding public goods and building a sustainable future for Ethereum. This is an opportunity for users to take proactive action by funding public goods. I would like to be a part of this opportunity as it will create a sustainable future. I believe in the fairness ratio and the impact it will have on the Collective.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 64: This is a paradigm shift in the making. This will transform society. When impact=profit it will open doors for public goods to thrive. Public goods will attract and retain the brightest minds, creating public goods the Collective will benefit from.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: This will be a fluid constitution, it is an experiment, it will not be perfect, but changes will be made by the Citizens House and the OP holders. This experiment will be supported by the Optimism Foundation and will help check the balance of power. The ultimate goal, in the end, will be decentralization.

My Web3 interests:

Zero knowledge, Identity, Social impact, DeFi, Visual art

Languages I speak and write: English, Hindi

My skills and areas of expertise: I am a lifelong learner, a critical thinker, and a creative. I understand others with an open mind. I make decisions under various circumstances. I thoroughly research ideas and topics from various sources. I seek understanding and knowledge. I have been involved with Web3 for many years now.

My favorite Web3 projects: Ethereum: Home | ethereum.org

Aave: https://aave.com/

brightID: https://www.brightid.org/

1 Like

Name: starit

Address or ENS: starit.eth

Discord username: starit#7499

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Twitter: @starit1992

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Read and understood

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Read and understood

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’ve been active in the blockchain area since 2015. I have worked for crypto exchanges, DeFi protocols, and other early web3 projects. I feel the next wave would be rollups L2 and it is a great honor to work with the most brilliant people in the world and create something new.

It’s a great start for web3 governance and I beleve a lot of products for public goods will apear and grow in the ecosystem.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.

DeFi,Wallets,Accessibility, DAOs, Data and analytics

zh, en

full-stack developer. familar with BTC, ETH and Polkadot ecosystem

List ≤ 3 projects

Uniswap, Mirror, Lens

2 Likes

Name: Nateewat Tavitavonsawas

Address or ENS: 0x918d912d5d4058c4e5D43c212dB7E4f5f4947213

Discord username: Justin Tavi#7953

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | 47VJMY

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to be a part of the Optimism governance house in voting proposals for the greater good of Optimism’s ecosystem and vision.

My view on the [Optimistic Vision ]: I am super bullish with the vision especially on IMPACT = PROFIT, a positive impact to the collective is then rewarded to the individual

My view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution]: I am agree on a flexible model of governing with a series of governing experimentations. The working constitution will overtime improve and embrace the public’s will and mutual agreement. I totally agree with the “excessive consolidation of power” in which many projects have gone under this problem making so called “Whales” got too influential. Reading the Optimism Foundation, it should be conducted under vote and proposals manner in order for every aspects to be transparent and fair.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Gaming, NFTs, Identity

Languages I speak and write: English, Thai

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional] Stock Trading

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional] Polkadot, Ethereum Name Server, Chainlink
List ≤ 3 projects

1 Like

Name: hacktar (Inzhoop)

Address or ENS: inzhoop.eth

Discord username: hacktar#0488

Verification: https://twitter.com/inzhoop/status/1531900251224809472

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: :white_check_mark:

Hi! I’m hacktar from Inzhoop (@inzhoop on twitter) and I want to be an active part of this revolution that will render this public goods the fundamentals of a new digital society.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:
The idea of building an open source layer of our civil society on top of a solid protocol is a mission that I fully share
My view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution]:

1. This is a working constitution: It is the core of the system of institutionalized representation of interests
  2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective: An interesting way to rewrite a digital new democratic governance
  3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model: We will all have to work to make democracy ever more liquid

My Web3 interests:
ENS, Ethereum and mobile wallet to run Dapps

Languages I speak and write: it, en

My favorite Web3 projects: We currently help with governance for ENS

2 Likes

My favorite Web3 projects is “Quixotic”
I claimed $OP tokens and delegated my votes to the Quixotic :red_circle:

Name : minicoohei

Address or ENS: minicoohei.eth

Discord username : minicoohei #9471

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | YK8Q94

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes I understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like to be a part of this opportunity as it will create a sustainable future and it will contribute the future growth. Actually, I am Japanese KOL and will give our voice to the communiy.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 64: I love the concept of the public good retrospective reward. This is like the evolution and it will make the society more smooth.

My view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution]:Citizens House and the OP holders would be very interesting experiment. In many other projects it is like only token or only House. It will show the capability of dao or result in the failuar

My Web3 interests:
NFT / DeFi / RollUp / PlaytoEarn / AMM

Languages I speak and write: English, Japanese

My skills and areas of expertise: I am founder of the tokenPocket inc - web3 wallet and also founder of CryptoCrystal(2018 OG NFT project). I have deep knowledge of NFT and DeFi.

My favorite Web3 projects: tofuNFT

brightID: @minicoohei

3 Likes

Name : Kromatika Finance

Address or ENS: 0xdbaabc182e5fcebf216c353a3ebe32cdb7390094

Discord username:Aristokrates#7908

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):**https://www.tally.xyz/voter/profile/4Z05G4

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Contributing to the Optimism ecosystem both from development perspective as well as from user adoption. We at Kromatika Finance, strongly believe in the future of optimistic rollups. This is why we have chosen to firstly deploy Kromatika limit order and metaswap protocol on Optimism.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: Digital governance is very hard to get it right, but we believe that Optimism Collective is a balanced approach between decentralizes governance combined with digital identity.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constritution:It is a very good starting point, progressive de-centralization approach, with Optimism Foundation as the early governance steward , migrating over time to a full decentralization using the OP Citizens and OP Holders. It is a good check-balance approach.

**My Web3 interests:**Bridges,DeFi,Developer tools,Identity,Governance

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: Solidity, smart contracts, blockchains, web development, team management

My favorite Web3 projects: Uniswap, 0xProtocol, Compound
List ≤ 3 projects

2 Likes

Name: Pop

Address or ENS: simona.eth

Discord username: simona pop#3265

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | 4M652Y

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Having worked on governance engagement strategy with Gitcoin DAO for the past 6 months as well as being a top delegate in both Gitcoin and ENS DAO has put me in a great position to support the governance efforts of Optimism and the whole ecosystem in evolving towards better models together.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 17: I have always focused my work on positive impact since my cofounding Bounties Network back in 2018. I am committed to always following that path and feel in strong alignment with Optimism values.

1. Agree - experiment early, iterate together
  2. Agree - it’s all I am thinking about and doing in all my work in this ecosystem
  3. Agree - as above
  4. Will work on
  5. Of course
  6. Already doing

My Web3 interests: > Accessibility, DAOs, Economics, Events, Environment, Governance, Identity, NFTs, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Writing

Languages I speak and write: English, Italian, Romanian, French

My skills and areas of expertise: founder in the web3 space (Bounties Network), governance (Gitcoin, ENS, Element DAO), governance engagement strategy and tooling (Gitcoin DAO), community strategy (Status), advisory (part of many projects’ in the ecosystem’s journey including 3Box, EPNS, DoinGud and move), mentorship (Kernel), Event creator and content curator (Schelling Point, Liscon, EthDenver)

8 Likes

Name: Fractal Visions

Address or ENS: 0xC4FC57Dedd2463314A3fD2DBadB86B4404C257e5

Discord username: Fractal Visions#7535

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tweet

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, it is important to be a leader in the artist community for myself and the other artists I work with.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Absolutely… I am here to represent the creative souls in the space, visionary leaders!

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Besides our NFT project Ganland taking over the ranks on the Optimism Layer 2 Quixotic marketplace, I have been operating an artist owned business with my partner who is also an artist, and we help to raise money for other artists in the community who are teachers of traditional painting techniques. The artists we support in Peru are less fortunate and do not have immediate access to blockchain technology in the remote jungles. Our goal is to not only help cultivate a way for the artists to expose their art to the world, but also to break down the digital divide. We have built a foundation through our altruistic fair distribution royalties by manufacturing physical fine art prints for other artists. Fractal Visions is bridging the gap between the 2D & 3D NFT art world. Web 3 has led us to believe that we can help other artists by introducing them to the crypto space safely over time. Quality is what matters most and the message behind the mission you are set out to accomplish! We are pioneering our way into the future one creation at a time.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: We are for the people !!! Our life consists of a very sacrificial process where helping others come first. There is a big shift happening in the world and as visionaries it is our duty to be present & active within the community. I have always been a big quadratic funding enthusiast and love blockchain technology for the good of humanity with public funding. Our business aligns with these same long term goals and dedication to build a better world. Together we can make a huge difference !

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I think it’s a very interesting structure for an ongoing governance deployment system to be released over the course of multiple years, and I believe this will be a prime example for other systems of real world governance to build on top of. This is a new paradigm!

My Web3 interests: NFTs, Visual art, Music, DAOs, DeFi

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: Art & Music, Photography, Printmaking, Painting, Web 3, UI, Smart Contracts, NFT deployment, Web Development

My favorite Web3 projects:
Ganland
EoG - Quixotic
Fractalicia - Quixotic
IGLIVISION - Quixotic
Heartbeats - Quixotic

14 Likes

Name : emijaop

Address or ENS: emijaop.eth (0x1BFA63aF45F4F56A0E2ef032429771D398C6b71C)

Discord username : Crypto_1988#8714

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): twitter

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Confirmed

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Confirmed

I believe that Optimism is good for Ethereum and am a strong believer in the use of L2 networks to further democratize access to the ideals provided by Ethereum.

Additionally, I’ve contributed to Public Goods personally with my time and talents at ETHGlobal, which was a fortunate recipient in Optimism’s first retroactive grants round 1 and have a first-hand understanding of operating a Public Good.

I’m thrilled to see that Optimism embraces both Ethereum and Public Goods with open arms and is building out its Optimistic vision around these topics. As both topics are the focus of my time and energy, I’d be honoured to participate in this process as a delegate.

We all know that one of the founding principals of Web-3 is proof-of-work, and proving yourself through impact and results have been a core principal of crypto communities since Bitcoin’s beginnings. But we believe the Optimistic collective is taking the proof of work idea to the next level with digital democratic governance. We believe in a world where incentives align and digital citizens can be rewarded contributing to the public good. We also believe in the continuous struggle toward self improvement, something the Optimism Collective has highlighted as a goal in its Vision.

1- We believe in the search for continuous improvement. The optimistic collective and vision will evolve over time and the world will look different in four years.

2- We’re excited about the experimentation between $OP governance and OP citizenship.

3- We believe fewer and fewer foundation intervention is better for the Optimism Collective in the long run.

My Web3 interests:

DeFi, DAOs, Gaming

English, Persian (Farsi)

Economics, Business Development, Education

ENS, Gitcoin, Optimism

3 Likes

Name: OrganiX

Address or ENS: Organix.Eth

Discord username: Organix#2012

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):https://www.tally.xyz/voter/profile/4RM27Y

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As a decentralized Ecosystem having checks and balances is key to the sustainability of OP and would love to onboard many talented individuals from Latin America in order to build a Holistic state of mind society.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : This vision is what attracted me to be involved in the Governance of OP, positive impact should be rewarded in order to build a better a better foundation for a better society and successful L2.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: This is the next step for consciousness shift on how governance will be done moving forward where all parties benefit greatly building the template for others, we have seen the both great advancements in DAOs but also seen failures which will make a more robust ecosystem as we learn together.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”. decentralization, community building, Defi, education

Please choose from the ISO 639-1 list en, sp

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional] Marketing, team building.

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional] Punkscapes, LooksRare, OP
List ≤ 3 projects

2 Likes

Name: k.mirror.xyz

Address or ENS: 0x84da37133a088fbf4e21d80aec2cc260b52ea116z

Discord username: Erica#5887

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | 1NJJ2Y

**I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:**Yes

I have been interested in Optimistic for a long time and have been translating and writing about it in Chinese since 2020 (published on the DAppChaser website). Currently, an on-chain gaming builder DAO I organized is deploying our governance voting contract on OP, implementing an experiment where all contribution actions are quantified as voting weights. I would love to participate in the governance of the whole ecosystem at the same time to move forward together.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 64:
Although Web3 is more friendly to public goods, language barriers and some inherent biases have kept many non-native English-speaking public goods builders being ignored.
I’ve been working with my partners on this since 2018, writing many articles and making appeals on social media for people to pay more attention to Web3 open source developers in non-native English speaking regions, especially in countries where the laws are not Web3 friendly. Some Web3 contributors are considered as illegals in their home countries. Many of them have to leave their country and become digital nomads to continue their Web3 careers.
I hope that Optimism can help. And this is why I come here.

1. This is a “Working” Constitution.
As Mao Zedong said, the future is bright, the road is winding. If we agree that Web3 is a new revolution, we should be willing to experiment with it.

2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective.
I think the bicameral governance system will work, but the process will definitely not be smooth.
People’s contributions to a Web ecosystem are diverse, and we should respect this diversity and develop governance solutions that are consistent with it.
I found that Velodrome Finance uses two tokens to manage its utility and governance: a ERC-20 unility token called $VELO and a ERC-721 governance token called $veVELO. But this is still too simple.
As I see, the non-transferable ERC1155 might be a better option, you can use this to quantify each kind of contribution and assign voting weights to it. At the same time, you can also airdrop the ERC-20 tokens that can be traded to its owner. For some non-permanent contribution behaviours, such as early transactions and transfers on the network, the contributions will not exist as ERC1155 and will simply be redeemed for ERC-20 tokens. This is the better option I can think of, and the governance experiment MarrowDAO is currently working on.

3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model.
Agree. Premature decentralization means the decentralisation of responsibility, and in the early stages we need an organisation that upholds the spirit of decentralization to take responsibility and to better deal with the problems that come from reality.

My Web3 interests:
Writing, DAOs, Gaming, Governance, Zero knowledge

zh, fr, en

Research: background in industry research
DAO governance: organized several DAOs and led the design of DAO governance solutions
Writing: science writer; translator and author of crypto-related articles since 2013; the first Chinese writer on Mirror.xyz.
Product design: involved in planning and designing several Web3 products

Mirror, Uniswap, Dark Forest

3 Likes

Name: Angyts

Address or ENS: Angyts.eth

Discord username: angyts.eth#1111

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am part of the DAO movement since joining the BanklessDAO and The OpenDAO last year. I want to see this succeed.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : I love it.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: This is a good start.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Governance, NFTs

Languages I speak and write: : English and Chinese

My skills and areas of expertise: DAOs, Family Medicine

My favorite Web3 projects: Gitcoin, Uniswap, The OpenDAO

2 Likes

Name : horatius

Address or ENS: horatius.eth

Discord username : horatius#3837

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/0xhoratius/status/1532245508408111105?s=20&t=jsrTL-oBptyhO_IV5pQruQ

My discussion on hop forum prompted me to apply as a delegate. I have explained in greater length in a blogpost On DAO governance the reasoning why I believe it is really important NOT to delegate to institutions and to have varied pool of delegates.

I want to see this governance experiment flourish and avoid the future where we end up govern by few big crypto corporations, prevent the future of plutocracy and help establish healthy norms of decentralized governance.

We have not seen many governance attacks on protocols but they are coming, since the incentives are there.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:

One of the main things I want to become a delegate is my alignment with this vision. I am in this space to help solving issues that are not being solved atm. To systematically solve global issues like climate change, ocean & air pollution needs better mechanism.
The “start from oneself” idea when dealing with these issues strikes me as ineffective and possibly harmful, by providing a false sense of good “I am doing my part” feeling that does not really contribute to solve any of the major issues the global community faces today.

• A commitment to experimentation
      I like & agree with this part.
    • A transitory document
      If a new constitution is going to be adopted after 4 years, I see this as possibly problematic. I like the current leadership & vibe and think the constitution is mainly about values that we are trying to uphold. The leadership & governance in 4 years time is unknown, thus I would like to see permanent constitution adopted rather sooner than later.
  1. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective
    Really like this two house experiment, think that 1 token 1 vote is inherently problematic governance structure for many protocols OP included, really like to see innovation on this front!!
  2. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model.
    This is preferred by me, as I believe that it is important who sets the tone + direction for the protocol. The team is well known and reputable, I am of the opinion that we need good leaders with accountability that can be replaced swiftly if need be and am against having no governance, or governance by “the community” especially since we are at the beginning and there is not much community to talk of yet.

My Web3 interests:
Zero knowledge, Governance, Developer tools

Observing a hard truth that the success of the system itself and the happiness of its parts(humans) are two separate things.
Lover of Ancient Rome & Greece and the Mediterranean world.

en

The overarching theme that cuts through my work and out-of-work interests is the study of complex systems & their interactions. That fuels my interest in history, biology, psychology, blockchains & blockchain protocols

I have a multidisciplinary background in finance & mechanism design, building businesses, designing products & mechanisms.

I have been involved with the Ethereum community since 2016, organizing meetups, volunteering at devcon, participating at hackathons, working on tokenomics / protocol mechanism and recently getting more into coding. Currently transitioning into crypto full time and looking for projects to contribute to.

I have always been fascinated by different complex systems. in free time studying evolutionary biology & psychology observing its elegance & robustness, and also delving into history fascinated to see different cultural systems with different incentives play out.

Gitcoin, Aave, Hop protocol

1 Like

Name: Ben

Address or ENS: 0xc6404f24db2f573f07f3a60758765caad198c0c3

Discord username: bakgwei#0042

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally 49ZG94

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think rollups are the way forward for Etherereum. The upcoming PoS for Etherereum will do very little (almost nothing) to improve scalability - So rollups like Optimism are pretty much the only way to go.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: I believe that the vision is the right way to go, as it would ensure that funding will end up where it should be, ie. strengthening the greater, public good.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I agree with articles 1 and 3 - in a sense, they seem pretty obvious (decentralized governance and the foundation approach), but I guess it is necessary to spell it out to make sure we are all on the same page. Regarding article 2, I find this the most interesting at this stage. The creation of Citizens is a novel approach, but I hope it will counter the usual dumping of tokens that are only in for a quick profit. I feel that the Citizen model will solve this by aligning (read: also financial incentives) permanent members with Optimism.

My Web3 interests: Social impact, Economics, DAOs, Identity, Privacy,

Languages I speak and write: en, de

My favorite Web3 projects: Gitcoin, MakerDAO, Curve

3 Likes

Name: Eric Wall

Address or ENS: ericwall.eth

Discord username: ercwl#1303

Verification: Tweet

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: :white_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: My dedication to and interest in rollups as well as Optimism in particular is probably best detailed in this presentation at the Modular Summit 2022. Watching discussions unfold around turning OP into a gas token suggest to me that I should volunteer to help steward Optimism towards long-term oriented goals. I’ve been expecting rollup governance tokens for a long time, I care a great deal about their success and I frequently talk about how important rollups are for true DeFi scalability. I’d rather be a delegate than complain from the sidelines that Ethereum and Optimism’s long-term interests are not being carefully understood and respected.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: At the 13 minute mark the video above I talk about my appreciation for Optimism’s dedication to Retroactive Public Goods Funding.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I believe in governance minimization. Rollups have the interesting quality that the fundamental security can be inherited from the L1, and I believe that we should strive towards those goals as much as possible and not diffuse that quality by allowing aggressive and haphazard L2 governance. I believe that a bicarmetal voting structure is in alignment with that goal.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, DAOs, Economics, Security, Privacy.

English (en), Swedish (sv).

My skills and areas of expertise: MScEng. CompSci. 10 years background in the cryptocurrency space, 5 years working professionally as a blockchain researcher, engineer and investor. Primary expertise is in blockchain L1 & L2 security and privacy, PoW/PoS and DeFi dynamics.

tBTC, RAI, L2BEAT.

1 Like