Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Nicole (SimplyCryptoXO)

Address or ENS: tapiocada0.eth

Discord username: simplycryptoxo#2312

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Read and understand

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a female founder of an upcoming Optimism native project, TapiocaDAO. I strongly believe in Optimism’s vision that with our new digital world, we must create a new fabric to govern in a way which better rewards individuals for creations that benefit us all. Our web3 meritocracy can and will change our world for the better. Since getting involved in DeFi, I’ve fully committed myself to be a cog in this agent of world changing proportions, and being a builder and possibly a delegate on Optimism is a wonderful opportunity I won’t pass up on. We are at a critical juncture in our world, and this is the time to strike.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Centralization and the old guard will not give up easily, but our web3 world is upon us, and it is solely up to us to govern ourselves properly to create a true alternative financial system (and more) that can topple what is already in place. The Optimism Vision and Collective is a mighty sword to wield in this battle; democratically funding goods that fundamentally make everyone’s lives better and completely flattens the playing field for all participants regardless of immutable characteristics.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: The document only being in place for 4 years is an epic shift from for example, America’s constitution which is centuries old document that is adhered to in modern time. Constitutions need to adapt with time and the change that happens in it. However, being committed to an overarching list of goals for some fixed amount of time is appropriate so we can maximally effect to achieve them, and reevaluate with hindsight. Our digital world moves exponentially faster than our traditional world, and we must remember that.

Token based governance systems do have shortcomings, and not simply just relying on token holders to govern is key. Just like every DAO has key members, Optimism’s delegates should be representatives of the community that strive to carry out the will of the collective selflessly. The amendment system and overall voting system I find optimal. Optimism as a whole’s power over decision making should wane over time.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”. Accessibility, Social Impact, DAOs, Writing, and DeFi (of course)

Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

Languages I speak and write:
Please choose from the ISO 639-1 list

EN

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional]

Female founder of a web3 project (Tapioca)
Research analyst
Writer

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional]
List ≤ 3 projects

Sushiswap, Gitcoin, Tapioca (haha)

1 Like