Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Devon Zuegel

Address or ENS: devonzuegel.eth

Discord username: devon#4561

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https:// www.tally.xyz/voter/profile/YK8WK4

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, I read and understand it

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I understand

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I find the underlying values of web3 and crypto incredibly compelling, especially as articulated by the people in the Optimism community, and I have been following crypto closely ever since the Ethereum whitepaper came out in 2014. It seems obvious that (a) trustless computation and (b) a public, trustless, immutable database are revolutionary primitives that will unlock amazing things we haven’t seen before.

And yet, I’m generally skeptical of most web3 so far, because the vast majority are self-referential; most excitement for crypto products is predicated on the appreciation of crypto itself, rather on something that people value independently from crypto. I’ve been following this space for 8 years, and I’ve yet to see an application that isn’t deeply “meta”. As cool as many of those are, what I really want to see is web3-style solutions tackling existing problems we have in the world. I think this is possible, but I just haven’t seen much of it yet.

So with all that, my interest in participating in Optimism is that I’d like to do my part to shepherd the community towards more of those concrete applications that will change the way people live and relate to each other. I’m optimistic we can make it happen. :slight_smile:

My view on the Optimistic Vision: It’s incredibly exciting to find a community that values public goods as much as I do, and understands that coordination problems are central to almost every major problem that humans have struggled most to solve.

I’m curious to see what concrete steps the Optimism community takes to actual solve these sorts of problems. It’s easy to point out that coordination problems are the source of many of our troubles, and it’s a different thing entirely to actually execute on novel solutions to solve those problems.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I’m excited to be part of the evolution of this governance system, and that it’s intentionally designed to be flexible, responsive, and iterative. In the same spirit, if I’m elected as a delegate, I plan to start with a self-imposed term limit of 3 months. After that, I’ll reflect on whether I feel like I’m making a meaningful contribution to the ecosystem and decide whether I should continue being a delegate.

My Web3 interests: Economics, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music

Languages I speak and write: English (native), Spanish (fluent), German (elementary)

My skills and areas of expertise: economics, game theory, urban design, programming, product design, tools for thought

My favorite Web3 projects: The biggest exception to the skepticism I mentioned earlier that I’ve seen so far is Audius: https ://twitter.com/devonzuegel/status/1463359239699763208

9 Likes

Name: Jacob

Address or ENS: jacob.willemsma.eth

Discord username: Jacobw#1996

Verification: Tally | 49Z8L4

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes :white_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I believe that Optimism is good for Ethereum and am a strong believer in the use of L2 networks to further democratize access to the ideals provided by Ethereum.

Additionally, I’ve contributed to Public Goods personally with my time and talents at ETHGlobal, which was a fortunate recipient in Optimism’s first retroactive grants round and have a first-hand understanding of operating a Public Good.

I’m thrilled to see that Optimism embraces both Ethereum and Public Goods with open arms and is building out its Optimistic vision around these topics. As both topics are the focus of my time and energy, I’d be honoured to participate in this process as a delegate.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:
I love the axiom of impact=profit and have seen ETHGlobal grow from a small team running a couple of events to dozens of yearly events and a team of nearly 15. There’s an incredible positive feedback cycle I’ve observed between either side of the equality—impact increases profit, and profit can be reinvested to produce additional impact.

It’s very easy to be (and remain) pessimistic about the future but optimism is the currency of progress. I believe the vision laid out by Optimism will play a part in creating a better future for humanity.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. In the USA over the last month or so, regardless of position on the issue, we’ve seen the instability that can be caused by an immutable constitution. Web3 + Ethereum is still in its infancy and it seems only natural to me that we should adopt a commitment to flexibility and experimentation. I look forward to building a more long-term constitution from the learnings over a long period.
  2. I’m excited to see how this model will play out and adapt over time. Checks and balances are fundamental to ensure a calibrated system.
  3. I think the Optimism Foundation should look to the Ethereum Foundation as an example of how to be a great steward like this. I believe it’s necessary for any community to start with an initial strong vision and leadership, as the Collective will grow, naturally, leaders in specific topics of the ecosystem will emerge, leading to a more decentralized, constantly growing, Collective.

My Web3 interests:
Accessibility, Identity, Governance, Social impact, Events

Languages I speak and write:
en, fr

My skills and areas of expertise:
Thoughtful communication, organization, software development, business development, management.

My favorite Web3 projects:
MakerDAO, IPFS, ENS

4 Likes

Name : Nick Tong (Perpetual Protocol Foundation Team)

Address or ENS : tongnk.eth

Discord username : tongnk#3282

Verification : Tweet

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process : :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment : :white_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate :
Hi all, I’m Nick from Perpetual Protocol foundation team. We’re a decentralised derivates exchange and one of the leading protocols that currently operates on Optimism. We’re a big believer in composability and have been actively bringing partner projects over to deploy on OP. Having committed to making OP our home, we’d love to be an $OP delegate to help shape the future of Optimism.

Completely agree that we need to create a space that is owned by its citizens rather than a select few. The focus on composability excites us on the future of the space and it’s something we can’t wait to see play out

1. This is a working constitution : Agree. This is a very similar approach that we take at Perp as we believe in the need to continually learn and improve.
  2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective : Agree on this view. It’s extremely important that we place emphasis on the balance - too often projects skew either side.
  3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model : We understand that there needs to be some entity to start with to help facilitate governance and push things forward. Given there isn’t a strong blueprint for the best way to decentralise (without trading off speed of execution) the plan to gradually decentralise makes the most sense

My Web3 interests :
Defi, DAOs, Governance

Languages I speak and write :
I speak English however there are members of the team that speak Chinese as well

My favorite Web3 projects : Big fan of Ribbon and Frax

5 Likes

Name: StableNode

Address or ENS: stablenodegov.eth

Discord username: bobby#4885

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tweet

We have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

We understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

Our reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

StableNode is a governance research and investment firm focused on the DeFi and NFT space. StableNode also provides a full suite of services around governance with both implementation and active participation as a delegate.

The Governance Lab of the StableNode team is on a mission to provide decentralized governance best practices to ecosystems. There is no one-size-fits-all solution but a framework of principles and tools that articulate alternative paths based on each ecosystem’s maturity level. Our primary focus is working with the community to develop this framework and continue to facilitate innovation within this domain.

Our view on the Optimistic Vision:

At StableNode, we believe that public funding is essential to developing a non-financial-driven web3. We believe that the focus should be on encouraging developers to take a different approach to web3 and focus more on public goods where a lot of development is made. Even though public goods are necessary to the space, there is a lack of funding, making it a less attractive role for developers.

Initially, the blockchain space was born out of a need to change the current financial and political standards that we have. The Optimistic vision details a necessary future and sets a new standard for public funding that is sustainable and will encourage new developers to focus on this field while not sacrificing the financial gain they would gain elsewhere.

Our view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. This is a “Working” Constitution.

Currently, we are in the exploration stage of governance, and it is refreshing to see a protocol acknowledge this and encourage continuous experimentation throughout the next few years.

Decentralized governance is relatively a new field within Web3. It is an important topic that we need to continue working on. Many problems such as voting mechanisms, delegate incentives, and plutocracy need to be tackled. We believe that the best way to succeed is to practically try new governance methods in protocols and understand what is successful or detrimental to a protocols governance framework. The theory is essential, but it can only get you so far. We are excited to be a delegate for a protocol that prioritizes experimentation.

1. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective.

This experimentation hopes to tackle problems such as misaligned incentives through token holders or plutocracy. Such issues are prominent in the space and allow token holders to prioritize their financial gains over long-term improvement. With the citizen house maintaining control over the retroactive public funding it realigns incentives in a more fruitful manner.

Those individuals from the token house might be against public funding as this means reduced financial gains for themselves, but those from the citizen house who have no financial incentives for OP would want to see the space move forward and see those actors developing public goods be compensated fairly.

1. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model.

We favor the foundation initially leading the governance front while the framework and structure of the OP governance are being built. With token holders and delegates initially not having a financial incentive to contribute, it is most likely that progress would be slower without a foundation. Over time as the structure and framework are built, as mentioned in the working collective, it would be expected that the foundation would slowly release the responsibilities to the DAO.

Our Web3 interests:

DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Governance, Social impact

As a team, we speak the following languages:

en, ko, da, de, es, zh

Our skills and areas of expertise: Governance and Growth

We are currently delegates at Element Finance, InstadApp, MakerDAO, and others.

What voters can expect from StableNode:

We will use our expertise to import the most promising practices within governance to guide Optimism governance to a more sustainable approach.

We want to help facilitate discussions where we can identify the best practices and recognize how to tackle core problems within governance such as plutocracy, voter apathy, and lack of experimentation.

As delegates, we pursue:

• Active participation in votes
  • Transparency for each vote
  • Open discussion and contribution to the DAO forum
  • Contribute to the innovation and development of governance frameworks

Conflicts of Interest

StableNode acts as delegates on other protocols. All of our governance participation is public.

4 Likes

姓名 :datangxinyu

**地址或 ENS:**17777.eth

不和谐用户名 :datangxinyu#3571

验证 (Tally 个人资料或推文):https://twitter.com/Angelin42083595/status/1529425153163030528

**我已阅读并理解代表承诺流程:**yes

**我了解成为代表是一项重大承诺:**yes

**我想成为代表的原因:**I have been using the Ethernet chain, the L2 also have a good understanding, are very optimistic about the OP of the future, the hope can pass my knowledge to better for everyone services.

我对 乐观愿景的看法 :I very much agree with Optimism vision, I believe it will in the next few years the world have a significant impact.

我对《 工作章程》 前三条的 看法:It represents about web3 governance refreshingly Frank viewpoint–we do not expect that right from the start, but with an open mind start a journey, prepare for the test。

**我的 Web3 兴趣:**defi dao
从以下集合中选择 ≤ 5 个。将它们列为逗号分隔值作为您的答案,例如:“A、B、C”。

可访问性、DAO、数据和分析、DeFi、开发工具、经济学、事件、环境、游戏、治理、身份、基础设施、法律、消息传递、音乐、NFT、预言机、隐私、安全、社会影响、视觉艺术、钱包、写作

**我说和写的语言:**ch en
请从ISO 639-1中选择 列表

我的技能和专业领域: [可选]web3

我最喜欢的 Web3 项目: [可选]ens,
列表≤3个项目

Thank you to everyone who’s signed up so far to participate in Optimism Governance as a Token House delegate! We’re excited to work with you to build the future of the OP Collective.

A few administrative notes:

1. The image associated with your ENS address will be used alongside your signup response on the Optimism website at claim time. If you want to have a non-default image, go update your ENS avatar. Instructions to do so are here.

2. We’ve updated the list of “interests” with a few new options due to popular demand. You are welcome to revisit the list and update the interests you included in your sign-up response!

3. This post marks the cutoff for delegate signups that will appear on the Optimism website when OP is available to claim. Delegate signups will always remain open, and tokenholders will be able to delegate or re-delegate their voting power to any valid address at any time. The signup process outlined on this thread is designed to make it easy for people claiming OP in Airdrop #1 to select a delegate who can represent their interests. Signups posted after this message will not be shown as part of the claim website, although they are still valid delegate signups. If you missed this cutoff, don’t worry — this is only the first airdrop, and we expect delegation and Token House governance to go through many iterations.

For questions or feedback, chime in on the Delegation Questions and Feedback thread.

4 Likes

Please Extend the cutoff dates for delegate signups to another day or two since the OP Phase 0 has also been extended to May 27th.

I know of a few more delegates that are preparing their signups as we speak; they are putting alot of thought into them.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hey Bobby, there wasn’t any heads up as to the cut off time so perhaps it would be appropriate to allow another 24hrs of submissions if that’s not too much to ask?

2 Likes

Name : Synthetix Ambassador Council

Address or ENS: OPsnxambassadors.eth (0x406b607644c5D7BfDA95963201E45A4c6AB1c159)

Discord username : mastermojo83#4197, MiLLiΞ#6969, Matt | Synthetix#2166

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/snxambassadors/status/1529855397141544961

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As Synthetix ambassadors we feel that we are well equipped to contribute to the improvement and maintenance of Optimism via governance and represent the Synthetix ecosystem in the Optimism ecosystem as well.

The SNX Ambassadors play the role of governance participation on behalf of our community for many protocols and Optimism governance would be yet another key place for us to be active in.

My view on the [Optimistic Vision ]:

• The OP collective will be a new path for governance in Cyberspace, and the physical world.
  • Ownership and rewards are the most reliable way to attract the best builders to address problems that affect the collective
  • Web3 needs groups that want to create incentives to build public goods; OP vision is a rallying point for builders to push against short termism. This will ensure value will compound for the long run.

1. This is a “working” constitution:
  • We live in constant change, and this transitory document needs to reflect our human behavior/lifestyle to be fluid until we create our “bedrock” framework.
  • Innovation is needed for blockchain governance
  1. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective:
  • Short-term incentives and long term visions must be aligned; we are excited about the experimentation between OP Governance and OP citizenship.
  • Variants of the bicameral model worked for Sparta, and has alot of potential on what OP is proposing
  1. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model:
  • We believe in progressive decentralization and welcome the OP Foundation as early leaders in the OP Collectives governance model.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Governance, Legal, Economics

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: The Synthetix Ambassador Council is comprised of three members who are signers on the snxambassador.eth multi-sig and we oversee governance for many ecosystem protocols. We are currently active Delegates for several DeFi projects and have experience in submitting and deploying governance proposals and staying up to date on broader governance matters. We also have access to resources with in the Synthetix DAO for purposes of protocol integrations.

Our current signers, who’s twitter handles can be found on @snxambassadors profile bio, are made up of a combination of SNX Core Contributors and long time active Community members who are well versed in the operation of Synthetix and other DeFi/NFT projects.
We have a diverse set of skills that include Protocol/Governance analysis, user acquisition strategies, varying degrees of DeFi integrations, general marketing/communication skills and a wide range of other abilities in web3 and DeFi alike.

Ethereum, Optimism, Synthetix

8 Likes

Name: Quixotic (Optimism NFT Marketplace)

Address or ENS: 0xB1EA5a3E5EA7fA1834d48058EcDa26d8c59e8251

Discord username: Quixotic

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally Profile

Quixotic is the first and largest NFT marketplace on Optimism. In addition to building the marketplace, we spend lots of time building community and advising projects in the Optimism NFT space. NFTs have a small marketshare compared to defi, but a large mindshare. We believe NFTs will be crucial to defining the culture of Optimism and for any governance proposal someone should be asking: “how does this affect NFTs and non-financial dapps?” We plan to advocate for the interest of NFT projects and non-financial dapps during the governance process.

In the words of Vitalik, “even a billion dollars of capital cannot compete with a project having a soul.” The Optimistic Vision is the soul of Optimism, which is to say it’s the most important part of this project. If we succeed in moving the majority of layer 1 Ethereum activity to layer 2s like Optimism, the vision and values of the protocol will be enormously important. We’re strongly committed to creating a world of regenerative finance, positive externalities, and shared abundance.

1. We agree that taking an iterative approach is best and that there will be more rapid iteration at earlier stages than later stages.
  2. The token house makes a lot of sense. Questions remain around the Citizen’s house: How is citizenship allocated? Can someone lose citizenship? What will incentivize citizens to actually participate in governance?
  3. We feel confident that the OF will govern with a steady hand and is committed to progressive decentralization.

My Web3 interests:

Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.

NFTs, Identity, Visual Art, DAOs, Gaming

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: NFTs, web3 community, non-financial dapps

ENS, POAP, Gitcoin

8 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. We’ve heard this from from several community members. Since this deadline wasn’t communicated widely, we’re extending the cutoff to tomorrow (May 27) at 5p PST.

7 Likes

Name : ScaleWeb3

Address or ENS: ScaleWeb3.eth [old, unusable] → Superdelegate.eth [NEW]

Discord username : ScaleWeb3#7123

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Optimistic Tweet; Tally Profile for ScaleWeb3.eth

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, that’s why we founded a specialized company. We focus on governance, ecosystem building & tools around top Web 3 projects.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: We realized the same governance issues, tribalism, short-termism, replication of tech/mistakes, intransparency over and over since joining crypto. We started blockchain-comparison.com to spread quality information and onboard people to crypto. Now, we take this one step further with scaleweb3.com, defend the most value-aligned, value-adding, essential Web 3 building blocks and help them grow.

Sidenote: Personally, I see Ethereum as the center and settlement layer of Web 3 and Optimism as a fundamental building block in our envisioned Web 3 stack. The Ethereum ecosystem has quality contributors, some positive-sum, value-aligned projects such as Uniswap and Gitcoin and I would love to become a governance steward that further supports the values with best interests of projects and token/stakeholders in mind.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : I see many parallels to our own ambitions when we started blockchain-comparison.com in 2018. The mentioned comparison between blockchain ecosystems and new economies is somewhat flawed but we also think it’s essential in Web 3 to find key stakeholders early-on which are able to unlock network effects, a sustainable growth of the ecosystem - based on real economic growth - with aligned values (!). Besides that, I was positively surprised to see “impact = profit” as almost all social/public goods should at least be sustainable and I am all in into proving that public goods can capture margins and be positive sum for all value-adding OR benefitting, consuming stakeholders.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: The title is spot-on. You don’t build a complex system from scratch, you rather go there iteratively. I believe in progressive decentralization, think it’s absolutely fair for a core team to take the majority of key decisions early-on but I will definitely work towards a future with core protocols which are hardened, secure, trust-minimized, governance-minimized, yet community-owned.

My Web3 interests:

Accessibility, Data and analytics, DeFi, Economics, Governance (I also worked a lot on Identity & Privacy)

de; en

My skills and areas of expertise: Crypto ecosystem building, DeFi & investing

Ethereum, Bitcoin, Zapper

3 Likes

Name: Flipside Crypto

Address or ENS: flipsidecrypto.eth

Discord: fig#6582

Twitter Handle: @flipsidecrypto

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Verification Tweet - Flipside Crypto

We have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:

We (the governance team at Flipside Crypto) acknowledge and understand the Delegate Commitment Process

We understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:

We (the governance team at Flipside Crypto) acknowledge and understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment.

Our reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Flipside’s mission is to help blockchains succeed. We want to become Optimism delegates, because we believe Layer 2s, and specifically Optimism, are a core piece to scaling the new digital economy on top of Ethereum.

Flipside Governance participates in more than a dozen protocols across Ethereum, Solana, Algorand, Flow, and a number of Cosmos SDK chains. We work closely with Aave, SushiSwap, Marinade, and MakerDAO - and have on-chain proof of participation. We aim to bring our expertise and one of the few full-time Governance teams in the industry to help Optimism strengthen its governance and voting processes.

As a delegate, Optimism gains full access to our time and resources, a team of 70+ with robust data science & infrastructure capabilities, and our community of 12,000+ data analysts.

On top of that, we will contribute hands-on expertise in voting, writing, and passing proposals. We are active community members in protocols that we engage with - you can find us actively participating on governance forums, Discord, and Twitter.

Our view on the Optimistic Vision 42:

Through our analytical bounty and scavenger programs, Flipside Crypto embodies the axiom impact=profit. Flipside Community members take the time and initiative to build out dashboards and analytics, providing unique insights for a range of protocols & DAOs.

Flipside believes that public goods inform and empower the average crypto user better than closed source alternatives. Optimism is pioneering this vision and advocating for profitability at the same time. We want to help Optimism follow through on its vision and improve Web3 accountability, one build at a time.

Our view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

Article 1: Every DAO experiences different Growth trajectories. As partners of DAOs in different stages of maturity and TVL, we believe it is important to allow for flexibility while building with speed. Enough structure to support, as much freedom as possible, is our guiding principle.

Article 2: While token holders are entitled to certain rights, they are not what makes up a DAO by themselves - Governance comes in many forms and is in need of innovation. Optimism must find a balance between value creation and encouraging participation among community members. We acknowledge multiple assets exist to make up a DAO and are excited by the experimental use of emerging new mechanisms, like “soulbound” NFTs.

Article 3: As Compound has shown, and as we have seen in our work with MakerDAO, there is a way for organizations to become more decentralized over time. We believe that having the Optimism Foundation as a steward in the early stages of development is instrumental, as the Foundation can provide the insight and knowledge necessary for building a strong product that can then enable successful decentralization.

Our Web3 interests:

Data Analytics, Bounty & Grants Programs, Layer 1s & Layer 2s, Governance, and DAOs (see MetricsDAO)

Languages we speak and write:

Our core governance team is composed of members who are fluent in English, German, and Mandarin.

Our skills and areas of expertise:

Flipside is a Web3 company with experience in building tools, communities, and recently DAOs. We partner with major networks & protocols to drive data analytics and user acquisition.

Flipside Governance, a department of Flipside Crypto, was established in September 2021, to directly support and contribute to DAO governance, and increase participation in our partner communities - thereby helping to improve the efficiency of this critical piece of protocol health.

We are committed to using this team and experience to improve DAOs one proposal at a time.

Flipside Governance is one of the few full-time governance teams in the industry. We have developed a deep understanding of the needs and of the flow of information in governance processes as well as key tooling necessary to be successful.

Our members currently sit on a range of committees and boards: Review Committee at Aave Grants DAO, Transferability Committee at Paladin, and DeFi Committee at MonkeDAO.

7 Likes

Hi team - looks like our (Flipside Crypto) delegate commitment got removed via a Spam filter.

Mind approving it when you have a chance? I promise I’m human :sweat_smile:

Was hoping to add our verification tweet to the post.

cc: @karl @bobby

1 Like

Name :
Doug

Address or ENS:
Sugma.eth
Discord username :
MoneymanDoug#3039

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):
https://www.tally.xyz/voter/profile/42NXMY

i simply want to see optimism succeed, i have a passion for the Ethereum and optimism ecosystems. early on i invested in and believed in Defi and Ethereum and for that i was awarded. Since then i have been fully employed and engaged in the space, this is my job.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :
Our foundation here at Optimism is strong and our vision strongly aligns with the major principals and beliefs that most Ethereum maximalists adhere to, I think optimisms culture is comparable to Gitcoin and in the end that will benefit the protocol.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution

1. Starting out governance is always a slow and painful process so i completely agree with the approach as naturally things start to smooth out with time. however i would like to see a way to amend such a Constitutional law if it is somehow detrimental to the protocol no matter the timeframe. keep in mind this would need to be extremely thought out.

2. Clearly checks and balances are needed, people voice also should always matter so a include all approach is great considering our users not only know what we need but also drive the ship, i strongly agree.

3. I trust the Optimism Foundation to nurture the protocol until it can care for itself, it would be foolish to say otherwise. This not only protects users but protects the protocol from various exploits.

My Web3 interests:
Identity Infrastructure Privacy DeFi

en

My skills and areas of expertise:
Solidity, DAO’s, Project management, Marketing, Multisig management

My favorite Web3 projects: ENS, Gitcoin, Vfat.tools, Yearn

4 Likes

Name : Kryos (Would love feature to edit user name on Optimism to change to Kryos :heart_eyes:)

Address or ENS: kryos.eth

Discord username : NoizxX#6969

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Willing to do on demand video chat any time, or look at my chain data. I am a strong believer in Defi and for that reason I do not associate my IRL data with my wallet. Willing to video chat any time, or provide other proof. Also verified on Gitcoin, but never needed my true ID. This is in part because I prescribe medicine that I value my privacy online, and don’t wish for even the possibility of being targeted offline.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes indeed.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to make sure that decentralization is a cornerstone of Optimism. It’s what Ethereum is built upon. I will consistently vote in a manner that keeps optimism decentralized, free, and open to all. I will consistently vote against proposals that substantially diminish freedoms or privacy of optimism users.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Well it is why I am here. Decentralization, community, and impact/profit are what Ethereum is built on. I want to make sure it stays that way, and would vote true to Optimisms vision.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I also believe often less governance is the best governance. I think Optimisms team has typically had good values and our interests at heart. Profitability and sustainability are key, we are just starting this journey. Freedom and limited control help innovation and growth which leads to impact/profit.

My Web3 interests: All of it, but Defi, NFT gaming/Defi games, and innovation are a few. I have been in crypto since before Ethereum. I particularly like new use cases and startups.

*Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”. Privacy, Economics, DAOs, NFTs,

Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

Languages I speak and write: English and decent Spanish.
Please choose from the ISO 639-1 list en

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional] Crypto!, health/medicine, python(know others but not very well), computer hardware

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional]
List ≤ 3 projects* Optimism, Ethereum Mainnet (Merge!!), Lyra

3 Likes

Name: Llama

Address or ENS: 0x5B3bFfC0bcF8D4cAEC873fDcF719F60725767c98

Discord username: HelloShreyas :llama:#2656

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/llamacommunity_/status/1531413906362605571

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Llama builds economic infrastructure for DAOs. We have worked with some of the leading DAOs on on-chain governance and treasury allocations, including Aave, Uniswap, dYdX, Gitcoin, Radicle, PoolTogether, FWB, Harvest Finance, and Fei Protocol, among others. We would like to be a delegate for Optimism because we are excited about Optimism’s potential to expand crypto to a wide range of builders and users. As one of the most active participants in protocol governance, we hope to bring a similar level of rigor and expertise to the Optimism ecosystem as we have with other protocols.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 44: We think DAOs are a defining coordination mechanism and Optimism’s focus on funding public goods is critical. Over time, governance will become increasingly important to ensure that the Optimism Collective can grow and sustain the network.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: The Optimism network and DAO is in too early of a stage to be rigid about specific rules. A spirit of experimentation encapsulated in the working constitution is important to ensure that the network evolves with the evolving demands of the crypto and broader internet ecosystem. The working constitution will not stay in effect for longer than four years. Progressive decentralization from the foundation to the community makes sense as long as the foundation is fairly transparent and responsive to the changing needs of the community.

My Web3 interests: DAOs, DeFi, governance, economics, developer tools.

Languages I speak and write: Members of our community speak English, Hindi, Russian, French, Mandarin, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, and probably a few more I’m missing!

My skills and areas of expertise: Our community consists of solidity engineers, DeFi strategists, data analysts, quants, and accountants. We have implemented on-chain proposals, constructed treasury strategies, designed liquidity incentive programs and on-chain indices, and built analytics dashboards and financial reports.

4 Likes

Name: monetsupply

Address or ENS: monetsupply.eth (0x8d07D225a769b7Af3A923481E1FdF49180e6A265)

Discord username: monet_supply#4662

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | JGPJGV

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Confirmed

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Confirmed

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to help support partnerships between various defi protocols building on Optimism. Collaboration between top protocols (eg. Maker, Curve, Aave, Uniswap, etc) and the Optimism collective can help kickstart the liquidity necessary to support broad migration of activity from L1 to L2. I am a consistent voter within several projects and will be able to incorporate OP delegate responsibilities into my existing workflow.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: I think the vision is very ambitious (difficult to achieve) but also exciting and optimistic. Achieving these goals will require strong cultural alignment, community building, and governance oversight. I think building up liquidity and app utility on Optimism is the most important short term objective to fulfill the Optimistic vision.

1. Working constitution - I think it’s good to acknowledge that more experience is needed before ossifying Optimism’s governance framework. I particularly like the 4 year sunset clause, which should serve as a forcing function to adopt a long term constitution (similar to Ethereum’s difficulty bombs)
  2. OP citizens and OP holders are equal - I think the bicameral model (tokens + citizens) makes sense while Optimism is in early stages of development. But I think it will be very important to hold citizen governance to a high standard to avoid incentive misalignment (as the citizens have no direct cryptoeconomic stakes like OP holders). I’m still on the fence if this sort of “soulbound” governance is feasible in the long run but look forward to gaining more empirical evidence through Optimism governance.
  3. Optimism Foundation - As long as token holders have effective oversight/veto powers, off chain foundations can be a valuable asset for decentralized orgs. Over time I think the foundation should shift from a stewardship role to being a bridge between the collective and real world agreements/legal matters.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Governance, Economics

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: Risk analysis, governance structure and participation

My favorite Web3 projects: MakerDAO, Tally, Unisocks

1 Like

Name : olimpio

**Address or ENS: 0xF4B0556B9B6F53E00A1FDD2b0478Ce841991D8fA / olimpio.eth

Discord username : olimpio#3300

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/OlimpioCrypto/status/1531695015117864960

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes we read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes we understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a committed DeFi user with knowledge about Ethereum, L2s, and what they aim to solve. I also participate in a great deal of communities and can help spread the word, responsibly.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : I like all scaling solutions, including Optimism. They all share a common vision, a vision which I stand for. The main north (impact=profit) is something that truly resonates with me.

I agree with the articles. Especially with the flexibility that article 1 proposes, you cannot have a fixed constitution, rules, or laws, in an ecosystem that’s so rapidly changing.

My Web3 interests:

Accessibility, DeFi, DAOs, Data and Analytics, Events, Social Impact, Privacy, Security

Languages I speak and write: English, Spanish

My skills and areas of expertise: Crypto, in general

My favorite Web3 projects: Dune, Nansen. (I know, it’s web2 oriented to web3 services). Vfat, ENS, Lens

5 Likes

gm :wave:

Name: Daoshua

Address or ENS: daoshua.eth

Discord username: Jshua#0001

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Verification tweet

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate

Scaling: Working at the EF as the community lead on ethereum․org has exposed me to a wide range of users. From complete beginners to Web3 natives, the most significant pain point that users bring up is the Ethereum gas fees. Instead of explaining why they should pick to pay more on Ethereum vs a less-secure alt L1 chain, rollups let us abstract away those conversations— giving users the best of both worlds without the jargon. Being one of the first movers in the Ethereum scaling space, I think Optimism, among others, has tremendous potential to serve the next cohort of Ethereum users.

Public goods: I want to help the facilitation and growth of public goods, both within Ethereum and beyond. I am an active contributor to GitcoinDAO and would like to expand my public goods contributions to being more involved in the governance processes that prop them up.

Disappointment: Sadly, the current token governance systems are somewhat broken. The same people become stewards in every hot DAO, often with good intentions but with poor results and outcomes. Mostly unaccountable to their delegates, some voting based on whims instead of research. Even worse, looking through the delegate commitments here, I see what I view as many half-baked or rushed answers. I don’t expect or want to become a whale delegate (ideally, we shouldn’t even have them)—having a large pool of representatives with small delegations is healthier, will give better representation, and be more sustainable. So if you’re reading this and thinking of becoming a delegate—dao it :wink:!

My view on the Optimistic Vision

The Optimistic Collective’s North Star resonates with me strongly. Too many smart people are working on bullshit projects because building something impactful traditionally hasn’t paid the bills. The Optimism Collective is positioned to shift this dynamic from within the Ethereum ecosystem and then beyond.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution

1) Well put. It’s foolish to pretend we have everything figured out. Admitting that this will require iteration and experimentation is highly mature.

2) The current token governance structures are clearly failing (governance purely by popularity contest, consolidation of power to the new ‘web3 elites’, quorums being lowered due to waning interest). The governance experiments that The Optimism Collective will run really excite me. I hope we can discover better ways to govern decentralized collectives.

3) The initial involvement of The Optimism Foundation and having progressive decentralization as a mechanism to ensure the long-term success of The Optimism Collective seems pragmatic.

My Web3 interests:

Accessibility, DAOs, Governance, Social impact, Writing.

Languages I speak and write

en, gd

My skills and areas of expertise

Community building, writing, frontend development, and memes.

My favorite Web3 projects

ethereum․org, Gitcoin, ENS

1 Like