Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name : Funnily enough, I’m anon and don’t have a specified name. I started a blog called “polynya” and people started calling me that. So, I go by that pseudonym now.

Address or ENS: polynya.eth

Discord username :

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | 1GNE04

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, although I don’t know the magnitude required. So, I’m not prepared to make an eternal commitment just yet.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have been writing about rollups as a side hobby for a couple of years and curious to see what the governance for a major rollup feels like. Wish I could offer you some grand statement, but it’s just curiosity at this point.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: Well, it’s curiosity and also a novel vision. I despise the entirely plutocratic systems that pervade the crypto space (a large reason why I’m a crypto-skeptic), and any attempt at breaking beyond it is worth contributing to.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. This is pretty obvious - you wouldn’t have governance if the constitution wasn’t a work-in-progress.

2. Finding a balance will be challenging, I believe more specific goals and targets need to be fleshed out by citizens and holders and embedded into the constitution.

3. Also a pragmatic way to begin, though I’d like to see Optimism Foundation’s influence gradually diminish over time.

My Web3 interests:

Accessibility, identity, privacy, social impact, security

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional] I’m skilled at studying, identifying, and investing in cultural and artistic movements.

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional] ENS, Gitcoin, Uniswap

39 Likes