Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name : The Blockchain Guy (Michael)

Address or ENS: theblockchainguyYT.eth

Discord username : vandermeiden#0645

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | Michael Vander Meiden 🔴✨

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I believe in the Optimistic Vision; that the new governance by The Optimism Collective in combination with RPGF has the potential to grow beyond the digital realm and solve some of humanities biggest problems.

That said, I don’t think it is guaranteed. This is an experimental form of governance which needs strong execution in order for the vision to be realized. I would like to aid in the realization of this vision, and I believe that my broad background (Product Management, Machine Learning, Economics/Game Theory, Communication & Finance) makes me well-suited to the task of guiding the Optimism Collective while communicating to my delegators at each step.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :
The Optimistic Vision is important because it’s a guide to introduce positive externalities into the incentive systems of a community. “Impact = Profit”. By retroactively rewarding those who create public goods, we make the “good” decision the rational one. This is an amazing concept, and The Optimism Collective combined with RPGF is the best chance humanity has had so far to make it work. Let’s summon that phoenix. :triumph: :heart_on_fire:

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:
1: This is such a novel coordination experiment, that I don’t think there is any other way than to have a “working” constitution. I’m looking forward to the experimentation of The Optimism Collective.
2: I also believe that both are necessary, but I think there are other ways to describe this than just “short term incentives vs long term vision”. The Token House is the home of economic incentives and The Citizen’s House is the home of community incentives (positive externalities).
3: I accept the necessity of this article, and I am confident in the current members of the Optimism Foundation based on their record.

My Web3 interests:

Economics, Infrastructure, DeFi, Social Impact, Wallets

Languages I speak and write: en, es

My skills and areas of expertise: Software Engineering, Machine Learning/Robotics, Economics, Finance, Product, Education

My favorite Web3 projects: Optimism, Gnosis Safe, POAP

3 Likes