Address or ENS: 0x6FD2bd90D50eDEe139103454116F252f6F5eC928

Discord username: sriram#3026 & Shrey#0749

Verification(Tally profile or tweet): TBA

We have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:

Yes, we have read it and understood.

We understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:

Yes, we understand

Our reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Socket has been live on Optimism since November ‘21 & one of the first few chains we launched on. We share a similar vision with Optimism Foundation that the next billion users will experience all of web3 on L2s, and have been working to solve one of the key pieces to enable this vision by collaborating with the top Optimism apps including Synthetix, Lyra, Polynomial, Premia among others.

We believe to catalyse the growth of Optimism & push it to the centre of all L2 innovation, current protocols have a huge role to play. With this delegation Socket aims to work with Optimism ecosystem to make sure the voice of protocols is represented in the forums. We also intend to work closely with the Collective & ecosystem to ensure cooperation on long-term initiatives that can cement Optimism as the leading L2 in the space!

Our view on the Optimistic Vision 1:

The public-goods centric vision and the multiple steps taken by Optimism Collective does to make it a reality is highly commendable & has helped to steward the whole space. We ourselves have public goods offerings as part of our suite including Socketscan, Refuel that aim to create positive-sum impact for both users & protocols in the space! Another great plus of the Vision is the thought of having governance baked in thus encouraging a diverse representation of views/stakeholders.

Our view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. Strongly agree with the flexibility aspect is ideal since it’s still early days to define what good governance structures should look like
  2. We are also a big fan of the idea of dual stakeholders, Citizens & Token holders that ensures the balance of power while retaining ability to work on long-term initiatives

Our Web3 interests:
DeFi, Wallets,Gaming, NFTs & Infrastructure

Languages we speak and write:
English

4 Likes

Name: LayerZero Labs

Address or ENS: 0xA3Ebc4a674AC613F797B45B4BDc1c1dDAb13836a

Discord username: MaxPower#1280, lz.Primo() :gem::raised_hands:#4931

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://www.tally.xyz/profile/0xa3ebc4a674ac613f797b45b4bdc1c1ddab13836a

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: We would like to actively contribute to the governance of Optimisim the help build the future of blockchains and an omnichain world.

My view on the [Optimistic Vision 145]: We believe Optimistic Vision 145 should be the defining view of many decentralized protocols. Expanding the reach and power of the mass of individuals that make up an ecosystem in both terms of ownership and participation. The goal to achieve a more equitable outcome for all stakeholders and provide back to the community via public goods and the advancement of the ecosystem is one of the highest order and we’re honored to take part in it.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. Agreed. Continual experimentation and iteration is key to building a sustainable governance model that grows alongside Optimism.

2. Agreed. Effective implementation of this is extremely challenging but the goal is noble and absolutely worthwhile to strive to achieve. We look forward to helping with that goal.

3. Agreed. The march towards decentralization will be the true test of Optimism’s ultimate success over time, the commitment to such is hugely important.

My Web3 interests: Bridges, Messaging, Infrastructure, Security, Developer tools

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: Messaging protocols, DeFi, Bridges, Game theory, Research

My favorite Web3 projects: LayerZero, Stargate, Gnosis Safe

4 Likes

It is very interesting to read such materials, thank you :blush:

Name: Decentralized Mind aka cryptologist98

Address or ENS: 0x15911d28701A6955F3C3DA3d6D7f20bcD1A7f70e

Discord username: Decentralized Mind#1025

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/cryptologist98/status/1615038020104904704?s=20&t=CC6sOgAFLeVQ06JjYOdoIw

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I deeply appreciate the Delegator structure of Optimism and I want to be an active part in designing the future of what I think is the best Ethereum scaling solution.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : To achieve big things you need people, institutions or collectives with big goals. I fully support the vision to move as a collective and create a collaborative cyberspace.

My view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution]:

My Web3 interests: NFTs, Governance, DeFi

Languages I speak and write: German, English, Spanish

My skills and areas of expertise: Sociology, History, Macro economics / financial markets, Short Term trading

My favorite Web3 projects: Liquid Driver (Ftm), Vela Exchange, XEN

2 Likes

Name: Odos

Address or ENS: 0x9Ff6e05e9c5f4E2f5ed8FD771C98E0c07E933b85

Discord username: Matt_#9672

Verification (tweet): https://twitter.com/odosprotocol/status/1615550856887402503?s=20&t=aDZSn_E9DxWO5WDnzFfISg

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As one of the leading DeFi aggregators on Optimism, Odos is and will continue to be tightly integrated with the many projects in Optimism’s diverse DeFi ecosystem. Being a delegate will allow Odos to continue to integrate, interact with, and grow this diverse ecosystem. We will also be able to participate in and learn from Optimism’s unique governance structure and setup as Odos continues to grow as a project.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Odos is built on the many AMM, lending protocols, liquid staking platforms, and other projects that make up the DeFi ecosystem and remain open for anyone to use. As such, Odos is a big believer in the power of public goods and wholeheartedly supports the Optimistic Vision to encourage the creation of more public goods. Odos will also continue to explore the creation of public good systems for the Optimism ecosystem

1. This is a very powerful and important article that supports the explorative nature of the Optimism Collective’s governance experiment. Being able to adapt and learn and slowly ossify the structure of the governance will be key to its long-term success

2. Having two houses of people with different underlying distributions of incentives, interests, and goals both working towards the collective good of the ecosystem will allow for a much more balanced and effective governance of the platform.

3. In the same way a flexible definition of governance is useful in the initial formative years of Optimism, a more formal organized group of people is also very useful to ensure things go smoothly while Optimism grows into a stable and prosperous fully decentralized ecosystem.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Economics, Data and analytics, Developer tools

Languages I speak and write: EN

6 Likes

Name: Clipper Team
Address or ENS: oeth: 0x1Dd174bF2e090d0F1b1360Ac8905780429B2642B (ens: admiraldaollc.eth)
Discord username: -tezii#2180, Mark | Shipyard#0001
Verification: TBA
We have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes
We understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

Our reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As representatives of Clipper, a DEX that runs on Optimism, we believe in the Optimistic Vision and am committed to the success of the ecosystem. We believe Optimism is essential to the mass adoption of DeFi and want to assert Clipper’s support of the ecosystem and contribute to the Optimism Collective.

Our view on the [Optimistic Vision 149]: We firmly believe in and support the Optimism Collective’s mission to dispel the myth that public goods cannot be profitable. The shift towards public goods is an immense change in the way we have thought about cooperation and alignment in the past. We like that Optimism wants to help fund and support this shift and we want to be a part of that mission.

Our view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution]:

1. Agree - things are constantly changing in this space and we’re all learning and iterating as we go. It only makes sense that the Constitution should evolve and adapt as needed.
  2. Agree - it makes sense for the governing structure of the Collective to balance short-term incentives with its long-term Vision.
  3. Agree - makes sense.

Our Web3 interests: DeFi, Governance, Data and Analytics, Infrastructure, Zero Knowledge, Writing
Languages we speak and write: en
Our skills and areas of expertise: Strategy, Business Operations, Marketing, Community
Our favorite Web3 project(s): Clipper DEX, Shipyard Software, AdmiralDAO

4 Likes

Curve Finance

Address or ENS:
0xc420C9d507D0E038BD76383AaADCAd576ed0073c

Discord username:
michwill#0866

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:
Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:
Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
Curve is one of the biggest DeFi players, including on Optimism. We have good observations about needs of users - LPs, arbitrage traders, “manual” traders. Thus, we believe that our contribution to Optimism governance would be very positive for the ecosystem.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 149:
The Optimistic Vision touches upon “decentralized democracy” topic. We have pioneered few models around that (such as ve-tokens), and very much share this vision. It will though be a long way before decentralized governance can truly expand to real world, and we all have to learn and experiment a lot before then.

1. 100% - in view of what was said before - experimentation is good!
  2. Resonates with us also (ve-token model was exactly to counter-act shortcomings of simple token governance). But maybe one can do better? Let’s see!
  3. This looks a bit like progressive decentralization, starting centralized. We don’t use that approach, but of course we would really love to see everything transitioning to fully decentralized as fast as possible.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≀ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.

DeFi, Governance, Data and analytics, Privacy

Languages I speak and write:
Please choose from the ISO 639-1 60 list
en, ru

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional]
Smart contracts, Physics

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional]
List ≀ 3 projects
Curve, Aave, Liquity

6 Likes

Name: Mike Griff

Address or ENS: mikegriff.eth

Discord username: Mike | Synthetix#0714

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/MikeGriff11/status/1616202961457385478?s=20&t=KYZ4oXL_Huzz4F6-9O9Ymg

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’ve watched the OP governance process play out since the OP Collective launched. Having seen how things work and understanding a bit more about the process and commitment needed, I believe I can lend my expertise in consumer growth and defi to help make a positive impact for the Optimism ecosystem that leads to sustainable user adoption. Further, my experience over the last year and a half participating as a member of the Synthetix and Lyra grants councils has provided experience in governance and vetting public goods funding.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 150: I think funding public goods is a worthy goal but one that, in practice, needs to improve in efficiency and quality. Finding ways to ensure that quality projects that have a long-term alignment with Optimism is key.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I think a working constitution makes sense and that no decentralized entities have truly figured out decentralized governance yet. I think my experience with Synthetix governance gives some context in what works and what doesn’t. Checks and balances should exist within a framework of action rather than status quo. Avoiding ossification and pivoting from mistakes or learning into wins will be important. I think the Optimism Foundation has done a reasonable job at acting as steward to the Collective, but may be more effective in providing more strongly stated opinions on certain issues within governance at times.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Identity, NFTs, Visual art

Languages I speak and write: English (native), Spanish (more written than spoken)

My skills and areas of expertise: DeFi, consumer growth, marketing and comms, community management, grants council participation.

My favorite Web3 projects: Synthetix, SuperRare, Thales, Lyra, Braindrops

3 Likes

Pika protocol consists of over 80% of my transactions on OP. I love to trade using Pika and I am grateful they are on OP. Stay Optimistic fren!

Name: Alucard

Address or ENS: Alucard.eth

Verification: https://twitter.com/Alucard_eth/status/1616654048727552001?s=20&t=whgXj076WchiLtc0dO98WQ

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes I understand.

• To identify and support individuals and entities committed to creating valuable public goods
  • To shift perspective from financial gain as the only measure of success
  • To improve the community and create long-term, sustainable value
  • To align with our duty to serve the best interests of the community
  • To position the protocol for potential benefits by supporting these value creators
  • To contribute to a prosperous future and the betterment of society

My view on the Optimistic Vision: My perspective on the vision statement is that it represents a paradigm shift away from the traditional nation-state system towards a more global, inclusive, and advanced society.

I believe that by seeding new education systems, providing unbiased and non-partisan media, and implementing digital methods for problem-solving, we can create a more informed and collaborative community. Furthermore, I see this vision as an opportunity to attract talent who are not solely motivated by personal profit and to provide opportunities for individuals to do good and benefit from it. I am optimistic that this vision will lead to a more sophisticated and equitable society.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: My perspective on the working constitution is that while it may be optimistic to believe that a permanent bedrock constitution can be established within 4 years, I am hopeful that the adaptive, flowing and always-evolving code, guarded by a new collective, will eventually lead to a better society.

However, I am skeptical of the idea that society will be able to avoid power consolidation, as history has shown that those in power often resist change and attempt to maintain their position, even if it means taking society a step backward. I believe that it is important to acknowledge that change is constant and that the constitution must adapt to this reality. However, I also recognize that power consolidation is a real concern and must be actively avoided in order for society to move forward.

My Web3 interests: DAOs, DeFi, NFTs, Developer tools, Governance.

Languages I speak and write: Spanish (Native), English

My skills and areas of expertise: As an experienced aerospace engineer, I have migrated my interest into blockchain and am now exploring how this new technology can be implemented into various engineering applications to better society. With a strong background in aerospace engineering, I possess a deep understanding of the principles of engineering and its applications in the aerospace industry. I am now applying this knowledge and expertise to the field of blockchain, with a focus on identifying new ways in which this technology can be used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of engineering systems. I am well-versed in the latest developments in blockchain technology and am always looking for new ways to apply it to create innovative solutions that benefit society.

In addition, I have plenty of experience as an endorsed delegate for the dYdX DAO, where I have been working closely with the protocol’s community and developers to improve its functionality and governance. My experience as a delegate has given me a deep understanding of the technical and economic aspects of decentralized finance and how to effectively communicate and collaborate with other members of the community. I am confident that my experience in aerospace engineering and blockchain technology, along with my experience as an endorsed delegate, will enable me to make valuable contributions to the protocol’s development and governance.

My favorite Web3 projects:

Velodrome
dYdX
Rocketeers NFTs & Rocketpool

3 Likes

Name: ParaSwap

Address or ENS: oeth:0xc94ae9860B37170c08e51f453F8124A86cd7c0Cd

Discord username: Oxytocin#4643 , representing on behalf of ParaSwap

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Protocol Delegation Vote, Current Delelgate Individual Commitment

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: :white_check_mark:

ParaSwap is a middleware and aggregator. Thus, it is essential for us to maintain good communication with all of the protocols that we connect to, as well as the ones that decide to integrate us for their aggregation options. This places ParaSwap in a position where not only do we wish to acquaint ourselves with all major DeFi protocols of the space, but also where the success of these protocols and the Optimism system in general also directly benefits the protocol, leading to a positive sum situation where the protocol is incentivised to ensure the sustainable growth of the Optimism ecosystem.

However, I think that our greatest alignment with the optimism ecosystem extends further than just being an aggregator, and more also into the core principles that are more unique to ParaSwap. In a similar vein to Optimism, ParaSwap has built itself with the long-term vision of being a public good middleware which facilitates access to the web3 space.

We believe that ParaSwap not only serves as a public good which assists with the access to the decentralised world, but also helps maintain things decentralised. A good example of this is liquidity pools, where rather than having to concentrate all capital into a recognisable pool, ParaSwap allows pools to be decentralised and be able to compete with each other to provide the best final rates for the users, using whichever innovative approach they decide.

One major example of our commitment to become a socially-aligned public goodcan be seen in the recently passed PSP 2.0 proposal from our DAO. In it, we not only decide to allocate 80% of accrued fees to our staked users, but we also experiment with the introduction of a new system in the DeFi space of Social Escrow. The idea of social escrow is to allocate the fees to users that contribute the most positive externalities to the protocol.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:
These are the views of the Optimistic Vision from current Protocol Representative @Oxytocin :

The Optimistic vision is something that I find both ambitious and incredibly encouraging in equal parts. After all, the idea of having a collective that manages to foster public goods sustainably is one that society has struggled to accomplish (or even try) for hundreds of years.

Despite this cynical take, I believe that Web 3 not only strongly needs to try to follow this ideals as well as they can, but also that thanks to the unique mindset of Web3 of Decentralisation, Open Source and Decentralised Governance we have a pretty good shot of building something great here.

These are the views of the Working Constitution from current Protocol Representative @Oxytocin :

1. I understand, and welcome this approach of experimentation. The whole space is only a few years old, so it makes sense that we must iterate and grow over time for the Working Constitution as well.

2. I am excited to see this bicameral system being used for Optimistic Governance. Similar to what I said in my first point, our current systems of governance are new, so this new approach to balancing short and long term visions is exciting.

3. As many others have said before, I understand the need of the Foundation to assist with the establishment of the collective, and over time decentralise itself more and more as the Collective becomes self-sustaining and resilient.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≀ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.

DAOs, DeFi, Infrastructure

EN

5 Likes

Name : Tassilo

Address or ENS: 0x4Cf100cce352029e726185980E4611de835D6C7B

Discord username : Tassilo#3879

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Twitter

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it and I understood it.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes I understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have been interested in OP governance from the start. However, I have never had enough time to engage in discussions, writing proposals and becoming worthy of the delegate role. Now that I have quit my job and joined web3 full-time, I do have enough time for exactly that. I find the OP vision admirable and would like to support the values that come along with public goods. I look after a small community of 50-100 people that I have introduced to OP governance on Snapshot. I received feedback that some of them would like to delegate to someone that they know. Here I am, ready to do my service :slightly_smiling_face:

My view on the Optimistic Vision: When I tell my non crypto friends that Optimism is giving away free tokens to early users and to projects building on it they always ask me: “Why would they do that?” As far as I can oversee our business world, Optimism is pioneering a new way of developing projects and rewarding and incentivising users. Instead of throwing money at behemoths like Google or Facebook to do advertisements, the money ends up directly in the real users/projects pockets - fantastic. Public goods are our most sacred goods that we must nourish and support at all cost. To me this is a revolution. One I want to be part of.

My view on the first three articles of the: “Not the company with the best product wins, but the company that can adjust quickest to the users needs.” I believe that it is far more important to be adaptive to the changing environment/needs than setting a constitution in stone and live by it. Particularly in the early phases of a project. After 4 years, learnings can be transferred to the Bedrock constitution. I would hope though, that the “work-in-progress” character and the ability to adjust will continue to be an integral part of this Bedrock constitution.

Token holders have sometimes a very short time horizon and the desire for “token go up”. I believe the separation of a Token House and a Citizens House enables balancing the short- and long-term interests of the protocol. Balancing power seems to be the ultimate goal. However, a future challenge might be to not sacrifice decision-making and its speed in an effort to balance out interests.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Economics, Governance, Gaming, DAO

Languages I speak and write: German, English

My skills and areas of expertise: My background lies in business administration and innovation management. I have collected a lot of experience in Design Thinking and Agile ways of working (SCRUM, SAFE etc.). I have been working as an innovation consultant for the past years and helped companies develop new products, improve team performance and learn new skills. In crypto I caught fire in the 2017 rally and climbed down the rabbit hole with the discovery of Bankless early 2021. For six months I have been in Web3 full time and am involved in various projects. I have an intrinsic motivation to drive the space forward. I stay humble and curious. I alway ask questions and never want to stop learning.

My favorite Web3 projects: Optimism, Bankless, Pooltogether, Illuvium

3 Likes

Name: Wintermute

Address of ENS: wintermutegovernance.eth

Discord username: Callen | Wintermute#6664

Verification and Voting Activity: Boardroom

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I have read and understood that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

Hi Optimism Community!

We are excited to begin supporting Optimism at our fullest capacity, offering a unique delegate experience for the community and stakeholders. As a user and supporter of Optimism since its launch, we are committed to helping the protocol’s decentralization and multi-chain growth.

Specifically, our focus will be on:

• Researching and putting forward proposals to address potential areas of improvement such as governance participation, governance processes, growth, grants, etc.
  • Providing input and recommendations regarding the size and distribution of OP funding across the Optimism ecosystem. As well as ensuring our votes are targeted towards protocols that truly align with the Optimistic Vision.
  • Streaming important votes and proposals and their impact across our institutional and corporate channels.

At Wintermute, we believe that a decentralized world needs robust and progressive governance systems. Our goal is to support DAOs along their journey towards such a state through objective, long-term value-add decision-making.

Our Core Values:

Long-term value creation over short-term opportunism.

For example, we do not support short-term rent-seeking token distribution programs; or the redistribution of tokens that carry no positive second-order effects.

In contrast, we do support and encourage purpose-driven mechanisms that incentivize positive behaviour and are value-maximizing; or that improve alignment between token holders and the protocol.

Transparency, alignment, and proactivity.

We are proactive in providing clear and consistent reasoning behind our decision-making and proposals, ensuring the protocol’s sustainability is at the heart of all governance discussions.

Objective data-driven decision-making.

We use data and research to ensure our final decision is objectively value-accretive for the protocol.

By becoming a delegate we hope to support Optimism and have an impact on its transition to a robust and decentralized public good.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: The Optimistic Vision outlines a truly transformative vision of public good funding that is highly transparent and accountable in contrast to traditional practices. The large retroactive incentive scheme ultimately redefines not only the public good landscape but also the demographic of contributors which have been traditionally cornered to private sectors.

We believe the Optimistic Vision aligns social and private benefits/costs at a scale never seen before. Ultimately, creating a highly inclusive and impactful public goods commonplace.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: We believe that for a decentralized governance system to succeed it must be robust and progressive. Both these properties come from innovation, adaptation and improvements based on trials, tribulations, and experiments; a clear testament to a working constitution.

A bicameral governance system is an exciting angle taken towards tackling systemic governance issues such as misalignment, pseudo-governance and voter apathy. Given a strong incentive system, ensuring a balance of voting power derived from financial and merit-based systems is extremely important.

Furthermore, we believe having some sort of a central figure whether that be an individual or the Optimism foundation is important for a DAO to retain a sufficient level of operational efficiency, especially in its infancy.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Governance, DeFi, Economics, Accessibility, Decentralization, Markets

English, Spanish, Russian, and many more.

My skills and areas of expertise: Wintermute is a leading crypto-native algorithmic trading firm, specializing in creating efficient markets across centralized and decentralized exchanges. Wintermute was founded in July 2017 by three Optiver veterans. Evgeny Gaevoy, founder and CEO, was previously head of ETFs (screen and OTC) at Optiver Europe, one of the largest ETF market-making desks. Since our inception, we have traded over $2.85T and expanded our presence across 80+ (de)centralized exchanges and various (non)EVM chains, continuously supporting and providing liquidity throughout the ecosystem for our partners and their communities.

Alongside our trading arm is Wintermute Ventures, which enables us to support projects where we know we can be true value-adding, develop a partnership and help influence a positive outcome.

Furthermore, our firm is driven by our employees with extensive knowledge and experience across governance, economics, finance, HFT, product development, treasury management, software architecture, smart contract development etc.

Interested in delegating to us? Here’s how:

1. Head to Optimism Gateway and connect your wallet. Make sure you’re on the Optimism network!
  2. At the top of the page click on “delegate to anyone” and enter our Ethereum address 0xB933AEe47C438f22DE0747D57fc239FE37878Dd1 or our ENS wintermutegovernance.eth
  3. Lastly, click “Delegate” and sign the transaction!

5 Likes

Name: Boris M.

Address or ENS: cleanapp.eth

Discord username: cleanapp#0739

Verification: on twitter @ CleanApp

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am eager to absorb learnings from the inaugural class of optimistic governooors. I would like to learn about (and participate in) the politics of L2 scaling, especially during a time of enhanced competition and reorganization.

My view on the [Optimistic Vision]: Great stuff, up until the part about impact=profit — “the principle that positive impact to the collective should be rewarded with profit to the individual.” As Lord Masternode Operator V would say, sounds a bit platitude-y. Would be very curious to learn about OC’s vision of material utility (atoms) and social utility. But yeahm, obv, OV is yum, else wouldn’t be applying c’mon.

My view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution]: (1) Big fan of the “working” part of the “working constitution” but no constitution for a global cyberspace governance body can be legitimate if it’s encoded in highly ideological Anglish. So, great that this is meant to work for four years, but big yikes about plans to create a Permanent Bedrock Constitution afterwards. Why yikes? See (2) The idea of “structural” bicameralism and formal equality between OP Citizens and OP Holders is a worthy ideal, but it is not clear how OC would achieve that ideal. As an OP citizen-holder-person I have no idea what my citizenship rights are within OC. I know I’m not alone. The idea of representative delegated governance as an off-the-shelf “structural” solution comes across as too technocratic, and kinda in tension with the Optimism Vision. Furthermore (3) “The Optimism Foundation is a Cayman Islands organization responsible for guiding the growth and development of the Optimism Collective.” – nah, that’s classic inversebrah: it’s the Optimism Collective that guides its own growth and development. Yes, the OF can and does play an important role. But people and mission come first, not formal legal bodies.

My Web3 interests:

Accessibility, Data and analytics, Economics, Environment, Gaming, Legal

Languages I speak and write: English, PуссĐșĐžĐč

My skills and areas of expertise: legal risk mitigation

My favorite Web3 projects: rn Littercoin, Ethereum, Geoweb.network
List ≀ 3 projects

:smiling_face_with_tear: wow this good, i like this

1 Like

Name: DAOstewards - A metagovernance group from BanklessDAO
Sqaud(@hirokennelly @thinkDecade @jengajojo )

Address or ENS: daostewards.eth

Discord username: DAOstewards
(HiroKennellyᔍᔐ:black_flag:#0001, thinkDecade :black_flag:#7181, jengajojo​:black_flag:#5896)

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://tinyurl.com/3twwty9d

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes✅

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes✅

Reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

As a metagovernance group that embodies the ethos of the Bankless movement, we are astute believers in the governance model being experimented with by Optimism and would love to contribute towards its success.

The pursuit of growth and innovation is a timeless human endeavor, and as technology continues to evolve, new opportunities arise for us to shape the world around us. The advent of decentralized finance has brought about a new paradigm for governance, where power is distributed among a community of individuals rather than being centralized in a single entity.

As a potential delegate in Optimism’s governance, we have the opportunity to participate in this new era of decentralized decision making and play an active role in shaping the future of this exciting ecosystem. By contributing our unique skills and perspective, we aim to help drive positive change and advance the goals of the community.

To make the most impact in Optimism’s governance, it’s important to approach our role as a delegate with a philosophical mindset. We are here to engage in open and honest dialogue, collaborate with others, and put the interests of the community above our own. By doing this, we can not only help create a more robust and resilient ecosystem, but also be part of a movement that is changing the world for the better.

Ultimately, being a delegate is about more than just making decisions - it’s about being part of a larger movement to create a more equitable and sustainable future for us all. By contributing our time, expertise, and creativity, we can be a part of this exciting chapter in human history. :wink::wink:

Views on the Optimistic Vision 154:

DAOstewards is optimistic, whyđŸ‘‡đŸŸ

The vision statement presented by the Optimism Collective is truly inspiring and presents a hopeful future for the world of digital governance. The idea that the Collective could provide incentives for positive impact in a decentralized ecosystem is both innovative and practical. The emphasis on the principle of impact=profit aligns individual interests with the greater good and creates a virtuous cycle of growth and expansion. The concept of the Collective expanding beyond the digital realm and into the physical world is both ambitious and exciting. It’s clear that the Optimism Collective is not only driving towards a more productive and empathetic economy, but also towards a more cooperative and compassionate world. With its focus on the creation of public goods and its commitment to growth and expansion, the Optimism Collective has the potential to revolutionize the way we organize in the digital age and beyond. Aren’t you Optimistic, Frens?! :smile::100:

Views on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

Article 1 - we are at the frontier of coordination; nothing is cast in stone! The Constitution starts humbly, and we love it.

The concept of a “Working” Constitution for web3 is a game-changer for the future of decentralized governance. This approach to constitution-building is rooted in humility and recognizes the complexity of the problem space. Rather than starting with a fixed model of governance, the Working Constitution is a commitment to experimentation and learning, which will allow the Collective to define itself, evolve, and grow iteratively over time.

With a Working Constitution, the Collective can test and refine different governance models and see what works best in practice. This approach allows the Collective to be nimble and responsive to changing circumstances and ensures that the governance structure remains relevant and effective.

In contrast, a fully developed, static constitution runs the risk of becoming obsolete and irrelevant as the world and the Collective evolve. A Working Constitution allows for a more organic and adaptive governance structure that can continue to serve the Collective for generations to come.

So why settle for a static constitution when you can have a Working Constitution that is constantly learning and evolving to meet the needs of the Collective? After all, web3 is about building the future and it’s only fitting that our governance structure should be as dynamic and forward-thinking as the technology itself! :computer::rocket:

Article 2 - equitably governing this decentralized community, while promoting transparency and accountability in decision making - Bicameral is the way to go!:100:

Bad actors are attracted to incentives just like flies are attracted to honey!, it’s a given. In a highly decentralized community, developing mechanisms to balance power and instill checks and balances will ensure a sustainable community. The bicameral approach adopted ensures this if it’s implemented well.

Article 3 - while we don’t subscribe to a single entity having excessive control over the governance of the community, we understand the need for it at the early stages and are more optimistic when there’s a clear pathway towards gradually democratizing the power of the foundation. đŸ«±đŸŸâ€đŸ«Č🏿

Web3 interests:

Governance, Accessibility, Social impact, Economics, Writing

English

skills and areas of expertise:

Strategic thinking, PM, OPs, strategy, Content, Coordination

favorite Web3 projects:

BanklessDAO, Optimism, Ethereum

6 Likes

Name : Everyone calls me Liviu and I have add a C :slight_smile:

Address or ENS: sibiu.eth

Discord username : LiviuC#7835

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | sibiu.eth

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes,
I know the magnitude required. So, I’m prepared to make a commitment.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: My first felling is that I want to help. I want to help public goods succeed and achieve collective fair coordination and decentralization. I have spent time participating in DAOs and seen that coordination, transparency and decentralization are keys to success in governance.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: I think it’s a novel vision and represents a massive step in Ethereum’s commitment to public goods and not abandoning the MVV (mission, vision and values).

1 1. Agree with the first point.
A governance model that can be used as an industry standard has not yet emerged. So we need a dynamic governance body that can change with the tide.
2. Strongly agree.
OP Citizens and OP Holders are mutually constrained to make governance balanced and dynamic, and OP Citizens makes governance more interesting to participate.
3. strongly agree.
The existence of Optimism Foundation is an important part in the beginning of OP governance and can make OP more ready. As time goes by, the decentralized governance will become more mature and the Optimism Foundation’s will become decentralized at that time.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Governance, Accessibility, Identity, Privacy, Social impact, Security

Languages I speak and write: EN, RO and DE

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional] I’m skilled at analyzing, identifying, and coordinating cultural movements.

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional] BanklessDAO, Gitcoin, Uniswap, Pooltogether, Gearbox, LobsterDAO

1 Like

Address or ENS:
:sparkles::red_circle: akharito.eth

Discord username:
:sparkles::red_circle: akharito#9749

Verification:

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:
:sparkles::red_circle: Yes I’ve read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:
:sparkles::red_circle: Yes, I understand.

:sparkles::red_circle: I want to be a part of community and participate it’s life and development by voting proposals. Our society needs to be more decentralised and democratic. Projects like Optimism make our life close to ideal society. I’d like to help value creators - they are influencers and form our future. I feel myself as a governor among billions of citizens of Web3 community.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :
:sparkles::red_circle: I totally “in the wave” of Optimistic project. I do agree with the NorthSrat statement motivating the creation of a more productive and empathetic economy. The concepts of Governance minimization, anti-plutocracy, impact=profit concept are close to my understanding how DAO should be regulated.

:sparkles::red_circle: I completely agree with the Working constitution statements. Governance minimisation, anti-plutocracy, impact=profit principle - these statements coincide with my view how Web3 community should grow and which principles should underly it as a basement. “Sustainable future for Ethereum”, for sure, can be supported with projects like Optimism. Scalability, sustainability is provided with your new rewarding model impact=profit. I also like concepts of Citizens’ House and Token House. Rights of OP Citizens and OP Holders are clear and fair. So, let’s follow the Constitution and new society built on fair principles will arise and be sustainable.

My Web3 interests:
:sparkles::red_circle: DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, NFTs, Governance, Identity, Wallets, Writing, Security, Bridges.

:sparkles::red_circle: English, Romanian, Russian.

My skills and areas of expertise:
:sparkles::red_circle: DAO creator, Tester.
I am a part of DAO that was created by enthusiasts. Our DAO is growing fast, we participate a variety of activities: education, investment, projects support etc. More and more people are involved on our community. We collaborate and integrate different specialists and enthusiasts, participate hackathons as well. We protect our citizens agains scams, illegal activities, make people more involved and educated.

My favorite Web3 projects:
:sparkles::red_circle: Optimism, Sismo, Gitcoin, XDAO, BIT Dao, Layer3, PHIland.xyz, Guild.xyz, GALXE, Lens protocol, Proof of Humanity, Mirror.xyz

:sparkles::red_circle: WE ALWAYS STAY OPTIMISTIC. THANKS :red_circle::sparkles:

[/quote]

2 Likes

Name: Jordan Chipley

Address or ENS: 0x9D3dCC92B19EB66Ae50E3b9a9B6EFC44a0e3d34d

Discord username: jchip300.eth#0013

Verification: (Tweet): https://twitter.com/jchip300/status/1622550479581446144

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it, and understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I understand the significant commitment.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Governance, voting and the separation of powers. This is a rare moment where one can make a difference in a decentralized chain, technological and social movement and I’d love to use my skillsets to help navigate the waters ahead.

My view on the: Optimistic Vision : The first step to abandoning the old nation-state system and then we can start buildling on the chain and make a huge difference in the world.

My view on the first three articles of the: Working Constitution: You wouldn’t have governance if the constitution wasn’t a work-in-progress. Finding a balance will be challenging.

My Web3 interests: Economics, Governance, Infrastructure, Privacy, Security

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: I know alot about DEX and CEX

My favorite Web3 projects: I love them all!

1 Like