Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Odos

Address or ENS: 0x9Ff6e05e9c5f4E2f5ed8FD771C98E0c07E933b85

Discord username: Matt_#9672

Verification (tweet): https://twitter.com/odosprotocol/status/1615550856887402503?s=20&t=aDZSn_E9DxWO5WDnzFfISg

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As one of the leading DeFi aggregators on Optimism, Odos is and will continue to be tightly integrated with the many projects in Optimism’s diverse DeFi ecosystem. Being a delegate will allow Odos to continue to integrate, interact with, and grow this diverse ecosystem. We will also be able to participate in and learn from Optimism’s unique governance structure and setup as Odos continues to grow as a project.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Odos is built on the many AMM, lending protocols, liquid staking platforms, and other projects that make up the DeFi ecosystem and remain open for anyone to use. As such, Odos is a big believer in the power of public goods and wholeheartedly supports the Optimistic Vision to encourage the creation of more public goods. Odos will also continue to explore the creation of public good systems for the Optimism ecosystem

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. This is a very powerful and important article that supports the explorative nature of the Optimism Collective’s governance experiment. Being able to adapt and learn and slowly ossify the structure of the governance will be key to its long-term success

2. Having two houses of people with different underlying distributions of incentives, interests, and goals both working towards the collective good of the ecosystem will allow for a much more balanced and effective governance of the platform.

3. In the same way a flexible definition of governance is useful in the initial formative years of Optimism, a more formal organized group of people is also very useful to ensure things go smoothly while Optimism grows into a stable and prosperous fully decentralized ecosystem.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Economics, Data and analytics, Developer tools

Languages I speak and write: EN

6 Likes