Delegate Commitments [OLD]

:wave: I love this Commitments and you’ll have my full support.
I’m part of OPTIMOSM

Name: Charlie Feng

Address or ENS: cfeng.eth

Discord username: zcf#9299

Verification: https://twitter.com/charliecfeng/status/1612940955660816384?s=20

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

First and foremost, I find the Optimistic Vision to be inspiring in its desire to coordinate and organize communities. As someone who’s a long-time startup operator, I find the mission to dispel the myth of public goods vs. profitability to be a cause I’d like to support.

As someone building governance tooling for Optimism (Agora), I am both deeply interested in helping improve the governance experience as a whole and also sharing our learnings and experiences to support other projects and builders.

From a practical perspective, we bring forth a group of builders and operators with deep operational, financial and product experience across both web3 and TradFi.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:

Public goods are often the backbones of most of our favorite tools on the internet. Yet they’re woefully underfunded, undersupported, and understaffed. The fact that Optimism wants to change this is inspiring, and I’d like to do my part in contributing to this mission.

I deeply believe in the phrase: “show me the incentives, and I will show you the result”, and I believe if Optimism is successful, it can greatly improve the incentive dynamics of how builders and participants behave in the web3 ecosystem.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. Agreed – Permanent structures often have unintended consequences. So I like the explicit framing of this as an experiment with an expiry date. However, I would add that it’s also important to strike a balance between exploratory vs. doubling down for results (which often requires executing consistently over a longer period of time). I believe the key here lies in the time-frame of each objective.
  2. Agreed – While this balance of short-term vs. long-term is crucial. I think it’s one of those “easy to say, hard to execute” statements. Incentives will ultimately drive this behavior and I’ve seen it corrupted time and time again in organizations, which I think ties nicely into #3.
  3. Agreed – I’m supportive because I think the role of the Foundation is crucial especially at the early stages of kickstarting a flywheel. As the ecosystem grows, the jobs to be done that the Foundation initially takes on does not disappear, but rather decentralizes into other stewards among the community.

My Web3 interests:
Accessibility, DAOs, Governance, Economics, Legal

Languages I speak and write: en, zh

My skills and areas of expertise: fintech, operations, alternative debt/capital markets, risk management. Among the team, we have expertise in smart contracts, product/design, governance, DeFi.

My favorite Web3 projects:
Uniswap, ENS, Compound

Lastly, as builders of Agora (proposal) and to our commitment of building governance tooling as a neutral party, we plan to keep our voting power below 2% of voting supply as to remain a neutral party.

4 Likes

Name: Hop Protocol

This delegate commitment is placeholder and will be updated by Hop DAO’s Optimism representative once a representative has been elected.

Address or ENS: 0xDC01EA5b6B48187F5Aa1e422E90Dc01d03217B76

Discord username: TBD

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): TBD

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: TBD

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: TBD

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: TBD

My view on the Optimistic Vision : TBD

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: TBD

My Web3 interests: TBD

Languages I speak and write: TBD

4 Likes

Name: Rubicon Team

Address or ENS:
delegate.rubicon.eth (0xaa31CB426e2C83cDa9C850874D166d7fcA836B14)

Discord username(s):
forrest#6764, denver#8815, benjamin | rubicon.finance#3427

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:
Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:
Yes

Rubicon was one of the first protocols to launch on Optimism. Our team believes in not only in the underlying technology but also in the values and ethics embedded into it. Optimism and the OP Stack are set to play an important role in scaling Ethereum to the world, and we want to play an active role in steering the Collective toward this goal.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :
Trying to make true public goods profitable is an ambitious goal, yet Optimism is already making an impressive amount of progress! Our team is looking forward to the next round of RPGF, and we believe these processes will continue maturing and fund more than just developer tools. We can’t wait to go to the first park funded by RPGF!

1: It is very early in the history of decentralized governance, so it’s important that documents and processes are not too rigid. We love that Optimism not only encourages but enshrines experimentation into its Constitution. The Collective has already seen some great governance experiments, and some not-so-great ones. What’s important is that the community was critical and introspective afterward and made changes when necessary.

2: We look forward to the upcoming introduction of OP Citizens! Bicameral governance is underexplored in this space, and we think Citizens will bring a healthy balance to the current token-voting process. The Collective will surely come out stronger from any conflicts between the Citizen and Token Houses!

3: Our view is that the Foundation has been a good steward of the Collective. We only ask for continued transparency and regular reporting, the recap/feedback posts from Foundation members are important discussions that drive this community forward.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, Developer Tools, Privacy, Wallets

Languages I speak and write:
en

5 Likes

Name: Chris | LI.FI

Address or ENS: chrishg.eth

Discord username: Chris | LI.FI

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | chrishg.eth

With LI.FI’s OP Governance Proposal we’ve experienced the governance decision process first hand and have seen its rough edges but also its potential. Personally I enjoy witnessing different forms of collective decision making, iteration on that and innovating how these can best serve the actual goals they are aiming for. Especially with many outside stakeholders incentives play a crucial role here and being able to contribute to these decisions and later on the processes around them is something which I’m personally excited to be part of.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 135:

The optimistic perspective to use digital democratic governance as a trial ground to experiment with collective decision making and adequate incentives deeply resonates with my personal ideas of innovation. It will be fascinating to observe how the alignment of decision structures to be iterated on and impact=profit incentives can lead to outcomes ultimately more beneficial to the public and all stakeholders.

This will be particularly groundbreaking once the ideas and learnings generated in this process can extend beyond just within the ecosystem but can be applied on a broader spectrum exceeding the borders of the digital realms.

1. I strongly believe in iteration and constant improvement based on hypotheses, prototypes and subsequent feedback. After a long enough time-period there will hopefully be a solid enough foundation to establish a more permanent constitution. Still that one should be open for adaptation at certain time intervals.
  2. Balance of power is essential to prevent few stakeholders from having too much influence on decisions (e.g. large OP holders) and therefore undermining an unbiased governance process having resilience against manipulation and nepotism.
  3. It makes sense to still have the OP foundation as steward for now, as long as over the long-term more decentralization will be pursued.

My Web3 interests: Bridges, Governance, Infrastructure, Privacy, Security

Languages I speak and write: en, de

My skills and areas of expertise: Consensus, Governance, Bridges, Leadership, Group Dynamics, Research, Programming

My favorite Web3 projects: LI.FI, Etherscan, Gitcoin

4 Likes

Name: Nested

Address or ENS: oeth:0x07963001638c2e8283Ef7F3dABF4242Eaf5d4F79 - it’s a Safe; it only supports the Optimism network.

Discord username: Rudy | Nested#0470 & Aylo#6248

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):
Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 16.55.09

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, we have read and understood.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, we understand this responsibility.

We are building the best user experience on top of DeFi protocols to be sure we will be able to acquire and retain newcomers - who won’t be comfortable with the new vocabulary, habits, and obstacles they will encounter by entering this market.

Optimism is important to provide a similar user experience that newcomers are accustomed to on centralized exchanges like Binance/Coinbase or platforms like Etoro/Robinhood because transactions are cheap and instantaneous.

Also, Optimism is the Synthetix playground that powers synthetic assets. Synthetix could have a central place in making DeFi mainstream as it offers the infrastructure to provide a “cross-chain experience” (like sSOL-sAVAX), massive liquidity without price impact/slippage, and real-world assets.

impact=profit — the principle that positive impact to the collective should be rewarded with profit to the individual.

This sentence is the most significant. The initial crypto vision is to positively impact the world rather than an individual. Satoshi is the best example.

During all previous bull markets, most market actors tend to forget this mutual value on which we all should be focused.

Yes, Yes & Yes.

My Web3 interests:

Accessibility, DeFi, Infrastructure, Social impact, Wallets.

Languages I speak and write:
English
French

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional]

Everything we use on our dApp, composability, communication, and writing.

5 Likes

Name: Kyle C

Address or ENS: 0x9eE69759585aa3A9379b066F3caecbbD62420f9d

Discord username: horsemcgee#2673

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As a long time Web3 participant, I’ve always wanted to play an active part in DAO governance and experience firsthand how an established DAO operates. My career interests tie closely with Web3 and I hope that commitment to the collective will yield the experience so that I may contribute to providing public goods in the near future.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: impact = profit is a mantra that is slowly being adopted in the physical world, it is akin to pay for performance. Far too many open source or free projects do not receive adequate funding to survive - how many times have we seen Wikipedia ask for a $1 donation from its users? The Optimistic Vision doesn’t just provide a means for creators and innovators to survive, it gives them a means to pursue their creativity.

1. Yes, we live and learn, so too should the Constitution. Curious to know what factors went into the decision on the length of time for which it is in effect.
  2. Yes
  3. Yes - though I question how long the Foundation should hold this authority for in an effort to promote decentralization.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, data and analytics, identity, DAOs, gaming

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: data and analytics, financial markets

My favorite Web3 projects: Uniswap, Squeeth, PanOptic

2 Likes

Name: Pika Protocol

Address or ENS: 0xC70ABe97baF38782Fa479b23311b611D0e82076b

Discord username: Ethan0#1281

Pika Protocol was one of the first few protocols to launch on Optimism and being part of OP governance ensures the long term alignment between Pika and Optimism. The scaling technology of Optimism plays an important role in our success and we are excited to participate in the decentralized governance to drive the Optimism protocol towards its goals.

The Optimistic Vision is an innovative step towards the digital democratic governance. The retroactive incentives for public goods bring a big change to how the traditional collaboration works. I’m inspired by the ambition of extending beyond crypto and cyberspace to impact the physical world for human needs at scale.

1. As this is a fast-moving space and this is an entirely new experiment, being flexible and adaptable is important to achieve the long-term success.
  2. The coexistence of OP Citizens and OP holders brings balance between short-term and long-term incentives. It is an innovative improvement to the simple token based governance model and could lead to better decisions made by the governance.
  3. I believe the early leaders are essential for this experiments and hope the model is moving towards full dencentralization over time.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, NFTs, Wallets, Infrastructure, Zero knowledge

Languages I speak and write: En(English)

My skills and areas of expertise: Programming and DeFi

My favorite Web3 projects: Pika Protocol, Uniswap, Optimism

5 Likes

Name: Lido DAO

This delegate commitment is placeholder and will be updated by Lido DAO’s Optimism representative once a representative has been selected.

Address or ENS: TBD

Discord username: TBD

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): TBD

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: TBD

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: TBD

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: TBD

My view on the Optimistic Vision : TBD

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: TBD

My Web3 interests: TBD

Languages I speak and write: TBD

1 Like

Name: Mirror

Address or ENS: protocol.mirror.xyz

Discord username: cf#7928

Verification: Tally

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Mirror has been a project driven by collaboration with the web3 community since its inception. Hundreds of products and protocols have launched and continue to build and engage their communities through our platform. Mirror wants to be a delegate because Optimism’s vision aligns with ours. We are a voice with all the expertise to continue collaborating and building the space beyond our platform.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: We align with the Optimistic Vision. Public goods are crucial for a healthy ecosystem. We are thrilled to be part of figuring out how to govern and coordinate effectively.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: 1. We agree that the constitution needs to be tuned through experimentation. A Bedrock Constitution sounds like a very interesting idea; however, even a permanent constitution will likely require a mechanism for amendments as we don’t know how cyberspace will evolve. We are excited that a new governance mechanism will be implemented, and we’re moving beyond coin voting. We look forward to seeing the Optimism Foundation’s performance and expect transparency and clear steps toward decentralization.

My Web3 interests: Writing, DAOs, Governance

Languages I speak and write: English, Spanish

7 Likes

Name: Ken (on behalf of Uniswap Community Delegates)

Address or ENS: 0xE36E5aFD431bbFd23598d2C37b018D2Bde5eB5e1 (Uniswap Community Delegates multisig to be established through governance)

Discord username: ken ng#3190

Verification: Tally

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Uniswap and Optimism have always had a strong working relationship, both as protocols and as communities growing together. We’ve supported DeFi projects on Optimism and continue to support user growth through grants and research as a values aligned project living on Optimism. As delegates, we’d be excited to continue learning from each other, sharing best practices from Uniswap governance and continuing to support the flourishing DeFi ecosystem with LM and more novel incentive programs. The Uniswap Community Delegates will have voices from a group of stakeholders that share a vested interest in both protocols’ successes, including the Uniswap Foundation and other existing Uniswap/Optimism delegates who may not have a voice yet and others that want to have a greater platform to identify areas for growth.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: Both Uniswap and Optimism were grant funded projects that I have personally been involved with, and as a group we understand deeply the fundamental importance of supporting public goods. We believe the surface area for how to best support public goods is still underexplored and we not only agree with the Optimistic Vision, but want use this platform to leverage both communities to identify, govern, and rapidly iterate on novel resource allocation models.

1. As decentralized governance continues to be explored, we agree that an evolving Working Constitution is the right path forward. This is something Uniswap delegates have discussed at length and are learning so much from what Optimism has already done. Establishing a Bedrock Constitution will set a new precedent for how these types of institutions can continue to grow with greater oversight and ensure committed parties create amendments to adapt to our growing ecosystems, within and on top of Optimism.
  2. The Uniswap governance process was established early but continues to improve based on the input of our own delegates. Seeing how active Optimism governance due to the bicameral governance system is something to aspire to. We’re excited for the shared learnings that can be adopted for both governance systems with a rapidly growing ecosystem through experimentation, especially when thinking about “proper” impact measures.
  3. Speaking on behalf of the Uniswap Foundation, we have worked closely with members of the Optimism Foundation since our inception. As our protocols grow together, we would want to share all that we’ve learned from our community of users, developers, and delegates so that others can leverage best practices where helpful. The OF has been extremely receptive to experimentation and we’re excited to see what else we can do together with more community input!

My Web3 interests: Developer tools, Governance, Infrastructure

Languages I speak and write: English, Chinese, Spanish

4 Likes

Application

Name: 0x Protocol Community Delegates

Address or ENS: 0xD1c5980984bdbb0061B842fa81B3D38859850c39

Discord username: ewokafloka#4296, nikita#4377

As active participants in 0x Protocol’s governance (which itself is continually changing), we are excited about this unique opportunity for immersive learning and giving back, which ideally helps the Optimism Collective on its governance journey, while also leveling up the value we bring back to our “native” community. It’s inspiring to see all of the experimentation happening across the ecosystem — Optimism’s dual house structure and working constitution are particularly ambitious and interesting to us, in addition to this new experiment in “visiting delegation” that leverages idle OP to create new value.

We share the vision that web3 will enable new economic models built on decentralized public goods that benefit the communities that create, maintain, and govern them — thus dispelling the myth that public goods cannot be profitable. As a public good itself, 0x Protocol builds under a similar vision of serving as a propellant for growth within the larger blockchain economy that leads to a virtuous cycle of impact-driven expansion.

1. These are still very much the early days of the blockchain ecosystem, and we expect that new paradigms will emerge that will make change necessary — we think that it is a very sensible approach to have an iterative working constitution that supports experimentation and innovation before ossifying to a bedrock constitution.

2. We agree that a thoughtful, incentive-based system of checks and balances is fundamental to ensuring the integrity and legitimacy of a sustainable governance structure.

3. Tying in with the first point of this being a period of many changes, we concur with the need for the Optimism Foundation to fulfill the role of prime mover for governance experimentation and support its stewardship of the Optimism Collective in its early forms.

My Web3 interests: DAOs, Developer tools, Governance, Infrastructure, Privacy

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: Consensus, Governance, Research, Community

3 Likes

Name: Beethoven X Team

Address or ENS: 0x2a185c8a3c63d7bfe63ad5d950244ffe9d0a4b60

Discord username: solarcurve#5075, danielmk#2619, souvlaki#2697, naly#3082, JediRasta#1314

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | 0x2a18...4b60

We are confident we can build an optimal solution for sustainable DeFi liquidity provision on the network with the scope for scalable, innovative growth that is highly competitive.

But, beyond the technical prowess, the Beethoven X community champions a more than “just tech” philosophy. We bring with us an evolved ecosystem that merges creativity, technology, community, product and social impact into a sophisticated conglomeration that aims to cultivate the best possible environment for the ecosystem users to thrive.

With a focus on the wider social, behavioral, educational and collective picture, evidenced by in-depth social science studies, we celebrate the people in our communities and strive to create a place optimal for growth and development. As such, Beethoven X would be honored to play a part and complement the sophisticated ideologies associated with the Optimism collective.

1. Imagine a world where political systems, governance structures and policies are rooted in collective liberation, social justice and compassion. Imagine a world where governance is continuously iterated upon and adapted towards systems that benefit all.

2. Imagine a world where individuals, collectives and communities challenge the social constructs of our time to rebuild a system that serves us all. Imagine a world where the vision of the community and the individual are one. To thrive, to flourish, to blossom.

3. Imagine a collective that believes wholeheartedly in the progression and growth of the ecosystem while understanding the necessity for decentralization. Imagine a world where the foundation aids in the creation of a system but slowly steps back to allow beauty to flourish.

A world beyond finance, where innovation meets imagination.

Imagination lies at the core of DeFi. The following articles closely intertwine with our dreams for a collective, social, adaptable and flourishing world of finance.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, DAOs, Governance, Social Impact and Identity

Languages I speak and write: en, wo, afr

My skills and areas of expertise: The Beethoven X team has experience across software engineering, social science, marketing and finance.

My favorite Web3 projects: Balancer, Gnosis, Gitcoin

3 Likes

@morainweckv
vision and collective…

Name: Socket Team

Address or ENS: 0x6FD2bd90D50eDEe139103454116F252f6F5eC928

Discord username: sriram#3026 & Shrey#0749

Verification(Tally profile or tweet): TBA

We have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:

Yes, we have read it and understood.

We understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:

Yes, we understand

Our reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Socket has been live on Optimism since November ‘21 & one of the first few chains we launched on. We share a similar vision with Optimism Foundation that the next billion users will experience all of web3 on L2s, and have been working to solve one of the key pieces to enable this vision by collaborating with the top Optimism apps including Synthetix, Lyra, Polynomial, Premia among others.

We believe to catalyse the growth of Optimism & push it to the centre of all L2 innovation, current protocols have a huge role to play. With this delegation Socket aims to work with Optimism ecosystem to make sure the voice of protocols is represented in the forums. We also intend to work closely with the Collective & ecosystem to ensure cooperation on long-term initiatives that can cement Optimism as the leading L2 in the space!

Our view on the Optimistic Vision 1:

The public-goods centric vision and the multiple steps taken by Optimism Collective does to make it a reality is highly commendable & has helped to steward the whole space. We ourselves have public goods offerings as part of our suite including Socketscan, Refuel that aim to create positive-sum impact for both users & protocols in the space! Another great plus of the Vision is the thought of having governance baked in thus encouraging a diverse representation of views/stakeholders.

Our view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. Strongly agree with the flexibility aspect is ideal since it’s still early days to define what good governance structures should look like
  2. We are also a big fan of the idea of dual stakeholders, Citizens & Token holders that ensures the balance of power while retaining ability to work on long-term initiatives

Our Web3 interests:
DeFi, Wallets,Gaming, NFTs & Infrastructure

Languages we speak and write:
English

4 Likes

Name: LayerZero Labs

Address or ENS: 0xA3Ebc4a674AC613F797B45B4BDc1c1dDAb13836a

Discord username: MaxPower#1280, lz.Primo() :gem::raised_hands:#4931

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://www.tally.xyz/profile/0xa3ebc4a674ac613f797b45b4bdc1c1ddab13836a

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: We would like to actively contribute to the governance of Optimisim the help build the future of blockchains and an omnichain world.

My view on the [Optimistic Vision 145]: We believe Optimistic Vision 145 should be the defining view of many decentralized protocols. Expanding the reach and power of the mass of individuals that make up an ecosystem in both terms of ownership and participation. The goal to achieve a more equitable outcome for all stakeholders and provide back to the community via public goods and the advancement of the ecosystem is one of the highest order and we’re honored to take part in it.

1. Agreed. Continual experimentation and iteration is key to building a sustainable governance model that grows alongside Optimism.

2. Agreed. Effective implementation of this is extremely challenging but the goal is noble and absolutely worthwhile to strive to achieve. We look forward to helping with that goal.

3. Agreed. The march towards decentralization will be the true test of Optimism’s ultimate success over time, the commitment to such is hugely important.

My Web3 interests: Bridges, Messaging, Infrastructure, Security, Developer tools

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: Messaging protocols, DeFi, Bridges, Game theory, Research

My favorite Web3 projects: LayerZero, Stargate, Gnosis Safe

4 Likes

It is very interesting to read such materials, thank you :blush:

Name: Decentralized Mind aka cryptologist98

Address or ENS: 0x15911d28701A6955F3C3DA3d6D7f20bcD1A7f70e

Discord username: Decentralized Mind#1025

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/cryptologist98/status/1615038020104904704?s=20&t=CC6sOgAFLeVQ06JjYOdoIw

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I deeply appreciate the Delegator structure of Optimism and I want to be an active part in designing the future of what I think is the best Ethereum scaling solution.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : To achieve big things you need people, institutions or collectives with big goals. I fully support the vision to move as a collective and create a collaborative cyberspace.

My view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution]:

My Web3 interests: NFTs, Governance, DeFi

Languages I speak and write: German, English, Spanish

My skills and areas of expertise: Sociology, History, Macro economics / financial markets, Short Term trading

My favorite Web3 projects: Liquid Driver (Ftm), Vela Exchange, XEN

2 Likes

Name: Odos

Address or ENS: 0x9Ff6e05e9c5f4E2f5ed8FD771C98E0c07E933b85

Discord username: Matt_#9672

Verification (tweet): https://twitter.com/odosprotocol/status/1615550856887402503?s=20&t=aDZSn_E9DxWO5WDnzFfISg

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As one of the leading DeFi aggregators on Optimism, Odos is and will continue to be tightly integrated with the many projects in Optimism’s diverse DeFi ecosystem. Being a delegate will allow Odos to continue to integrate, interact with, and grow this diverse ecosystem. We will also be able to participate in and learn from Optimism’s unique governance structure and setup as Odos continues to grow as a project.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Odos is built on the many AMM, lending protocols, liquid staking platforms, and other projects that make up the DeFi ecosystem and remain open for anyone to use. As such, Odos is a big believer in the power of public goods and wholeheartedly supports the Optimistic Vision to encourage the creation of more public goods. Odos will also continue to explore the creation of public good systems for the Optimism ecosystem

1. This is a very powerful and important article that supports the explorative nature of the Optimism Collective’s governance experiment. Being able to adapt and learn and slowly ossify the structure of the governance will be key to its long-term success

2. Having two houses of people with different underlying distributions of incentives, interests, and goals both working towards the collective good of the ecosystem will allow for a much more balanced and effective governance of the platform.

3. In the same way a flexible definition of governance is useful in the initial formative years of Optimism, a more formal organized group of people is also very useful to ensure things go smoothly while Optimism grows into a stable and prosperous fully decentralized ecosystem.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Economics, Data and analytics, Developer tools

Languages I speak and write: EN

6 Likes

Name: Clipper Team
Address or ENS: oeth: 0x1Dd174bF2e090d0F1b1360Ac8905780429B2642B (ens: admiraldaollc.eth)
Discord username: -tezii#2180, Mark | Shipyard#0001
Verification: TBA
We have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes
We understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

Our reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As representatives of Clipper, a DEX that runs on Optimism, we believe in the Optimistic Vision and am committed to the success of the ecosystem. We believe Optimism is essential to the mass adoption of DeFi and want to assert Clipper’s support of the ecosystem and contribute to the Optimism Collective.

Our view on the [Optimistic Vision 149]: We firmly believe in and support the Optimism Collective’s mission to dispel the myth that public goods cannot be profitable. The shift towards public goods is an immense change in the way we have thought about cooperation and alignment in the past. We like that Optimism wants to help fund and support this shift and we want to be a part of that mission.

Our view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution]:

1. Agree - things are constantly changing in this space and we’re all learning and iterating as we go. It only makes sense that the Constitution should evolve and adapt as needed.
  2. Agree - it makes sense for the governing structure of the Collective to balance short-term incentives with its long-term Vision.
  3. Agree - makes sense.

Our Web3 interests: DeFi, Governance, Data and Analytics, Infrastructure, Zero Knowledge, Writing
Languages we speak and write: en
Our skills and areas of expertise: Strategy, Business Operations, Marketing, Community
Our favorite Web3 project(s): Clipper DEX, Shipyard Software, AdmiralDAO

4 Likes