Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Rubicon Team

Address or ENS:
delegate.rubicon.eth (0xaa31CB426e2C83cDa9C850874D166d7fcA836B14)

Discord username(s):
forrest#6764, denver#8815, benjamin | rubicon.finance#3427

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:
Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:
Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
Rubicon was one of the first protocols to launch on Optimism. Our team believes in not only in the underlying technology but also in the values and ethics embedded into it. Optimism and the OP Stack are set to play an important role in scaling Ethereum to the world, and we want to play an active role in steering the Collective toward this goal.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :
Trying to make true public goods profitable is an ambitious goal, yet Optimism is already making an impressive amount of progress! Our team is looking forward to the next round of RPGF, and we believe these processes will continue maturing and fund more than just developer tools. We canโ€™t wait to go to the first park funded by RPGF!

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:
1: It is very early in the history of decentralized governance, so itโ€™s important that documents and processes are not too rigid. We love that Optimism not only encourages but enshrines experimentation into its Constitution. The Collective has already seen some great governance experiments, and some not-so-great ones. Whatโ€™s important is that the community was critical and introspective afterward and made changes when necessary.

2: We look forward to the upcoming introduction of OP Citizens! Bicameral governance is underexplored in this space, and we think Citizens will bring a healthy balance to the current token-voting process. The Collective will surely come out stronger from any conflicts between the Citizen and Token Houses!

3: Our view is that the Foundation has been a good steward of the Collective. We only ask for continued transparency and regular reporting, the recap/feedback posts from Foundation members are important discussions that drive this community forward.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, Developer Tools, Privacy, Wallets

Languages I speak and write:
en

5 Likes