Name: Polynomial Protocol
Address or ENS: oeth:0x13DEbC7a8ef08a97531d0F9a7eaBF2B0271c5054
Discord username: SalmanNaseer#7095
Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tweet | Twitter handle: 0xsalmannaseer
I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes
I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
As a representative of the Optimism Native Polynomial, I believe in the Optimistic Vision and have first-hand knowledge of the way Optimism takes feedback and does so in a fast way. We want to affirm our support and contribute to the Optimism Collective. My views as a builder in the space can help the collective fulfil its objectives in a way that benefits all the ecosystem participants, especially those on the side of building public goods.
My view on the Optimistic Vision:
- We are strongly influenced by the Optimistic Vision and want to support it on a deeper level. A lot of open-source contributors are not adequately compensated. The optimistic vision of funding is the best way to reshape rewards and create a future narrative full of positivity & hope.
- The Optimistic Vision is closely connected with our interests in decentralised governance and our faith that a positive impact to the ecosystem should be effectively and equally incentivised to the most active builders, users, and value creators.
- Programmable and decentralised financial systems, such as those built on Ethereum and Optimism, are laying the groundwork for these kinds of studies/experiments.
My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:
- Checks and balances are essential for every governance model, particularly regarding public goods. In the rapid phase of development that happens on Optimism, it is prudent to take on a governance model that is fluid and conducive to continuous experimentation that can help the collective learn more about the ecosystem it fosters.
- By having a bicameral system of governance, Token House and Citizen House ensures that Optimism keeps up with the growing challenges of the day while keeping each chamber in check of the other and adequately balancing short-term gain with long-term vision.
- In the 3rd article, given the uncharted territory, the only way (pragmatic one) to reach the vision’s long-term goal is iterative, and progressive decentralisation is necessary.
My Web3 interests:
DeFi, Music, DAOs, Infrastructure, Messaging
Languages I speak and write:
My favorite Web3 projects:
Polynomial, Curve, Synthetix