Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Matthew Bunday

Address or ENS: zencephalon.eth

Discord username : Zencephalon#0949

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/zencephalon/status/1521983754809528329

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I felt very impressed when I saw the governance structure that Optimism intends to setup and the care that went into the initial airdrop claim selection process. As someone involved in social benefit DAOs (FreeRossDAO and UkraineDAO) I’d love to see more public goods and social benefit DAOs flourishing on L2s and Optimism feels aligned. I also work as an engineer at PleasrDAO and would love to see NFT activity moving on L2s in order to spread adoption to larger audiences.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: It feels extremely important to me to continue showing the world that public goods can create profit for all stakeholders. I believe Ethereum has made a great start and would love to see Optimism carry that forward and onboard the next billion users.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I appreciate the framing of the constitution as a working document, love the basic two house structure, and agree with anti-plutocrary as a guiding function. Governance minimization also seems wise to me.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, DeFi, Governance, NFTs, Social impact

Languages I speak and write:

English (en), Mandarin Chinese (zh)

My skills and areas of expertise:

Defi, Solidity, web3 React, DAO governance / diplomacy.

My favorite Web3 projects:

UkraineDAO, FreeRossDAO, PleasrDAO

3 Likes