Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Benjamin.lens

Address or ENS: 0xd39c1775e98a73fd0a9c8ecac8c9fedb9bb81e45

Discord username: Benjamin | QiDao Protocol#2455

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/Benjamin918_/status/1609313460269060096?s=20&t=50PGJOJcGqv6W3QKFp1hmQ

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes I understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support Optimism. Through my work at QiDao Protocol, I continue to build a lot of new products on Optimism which bring liquidity and users to the space. This makes me very aligned with the success of Optimism as a whole. Becoming a delegate will allow me to contribute to our community through group discourse and governance.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: A large part of my interest in blockchain is the innovation taking place in governance, and more broadly, community organization. These values being created in crypto have the ability to live beyond blockchain technology, and that’s why we need to focus on them. Arriving at a place where developing public goods is profitable and attractive at scale is hard to say the least. The Optimistic Vision is a bold north star to work upon and it’s amazing to be a part of it at the protocol, and hopefully soon, at the delegate level.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. We’re definitely still at an experimental stage. We should continue to try new things and be open to failures. What I hope to push is the idea of positivity, regardless of outcome. This experiment should be fun and engaging.
  2. At QiDao Protocol, we’ve been working on multi-cameral systems of governance. We’ve seen that the strict token-holder DAO model isn’t conducive to long-term strategies and planning.
  3. It will be good to have the Foundation making sure the masses organize well and continue to thrive in these early days.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Economics, Governance, Writing

Languages I speak and write: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese

My skills and areas of expertise: my formal education is in Finance and Philosophy, particularly Chinese philosophy.

I have a background in investment banking in NYC. I’ve been in crypto for several years, having started companies in the fields of stablecoins, developer tooling, bridges, and wallets.

My favorite Web3 projects:

Of course, my favorite project is QiDao Protocol.

Beefy Finance, Lens, and Gnosis Safe are my other favorites. I could list so many projects that I love in the space, but I’ll keep it to these.

8 Likes

Name: Velodrome Team

Address or ENS: velodrome.eth

Discord username: alexcutler.eth#0399, tao#4297, nickbtts#0447

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://www.tally.xyz/profile/alexcutler.eth

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: We are Optimism’s preeminent native decentralized exchange and have been working since day one to use every lever available to us to help guide Optimism to success. The nature of our work gives us a perspective on building on Optimism that few teams or individuals can match, and being delegates will enable us to channel this insight toward policies that we believe will enable Optimism to meet its objectives.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : The core principles underlying the Vision are foundational to our protocol.

Velodrome is a public good: we raised no money, gave virtually all of our votepower away to ecosystem protocols, OP Labs, prospective users, and Optimism airdroppees, and are laying out initiative after initiative intended to broaden stakeholdership of our protocol and of Optimism more generally. We structured Velodrome to allow anyone seeking to build to bootstrap funding without appealing directly to private capital and for veVELO lockers to benefit from economic activity in the ecosystem.

Why did we do this? We believe that the promise of decentralized finance is not to enrich the few but to freely provide accessible technology facilitating economic activity: a financial Internet, in effect. Optimism is in our view the first true broad-based attempt to make this a reality, and we believe it’s our job to help shepherd this project in its early but critical days.

1. The fact that we as a protocol are now being offered votepower is testament to Optimism’s commitment to experimentation, continuous improvement, and broadening notions of representation. And now that we’re joining the efforts, we recognize we won’t get everything right at the start — but ensuring that every major player shares these core values and commits to putting in the effort will get us to the right place.
  2. We’ve observed a lot of difficulty and confusion that result from imperfect delegation practices and the ‘one token, one vote’ construction. Our view here follows from the first point, which is that finding new ways to enfranchise committed players will help us as a community move beyond the first generation of governance structures in organizations. We look forward to seeing the first public implementation of Citizen House.
  3. From the start, we have worked closely with the Optimism Foundation and love having them as partners. We’re also deeply cognizant of their desire to decentralize as much as possible and the challenge they’ve faced walking the tightrope between being active stewards and allowing governance to do its thing. The Protocol Delegation Program is an example of the kind of care they’re showing in helping the organization mature, and we’re thrilled to be expanding our partnership to this domain.

**My Web3 interests:**Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.DeFi, Privacy, Zero knowledge, Accessibility, Economics.

Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

DeFi, Economics, Infrastructure, Social Impact

Languages I speak and write: en, sp, fr

My skills and areas of expertise: Our core team has work backgrounds spanning diverse areas of investment management, professional services, academia, and software engineering.

My favorite Web3 projects: Curve, Gitcoin

3 Likes

Name: Revert

Address or ENS: revertfinance.eth

Discord username: mariorz | revert.finance

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/revertfinance/status/1609959937584631813

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Our mission is to build powerful tools for liquidity providers in AMM protocols while keeping them open and accessible to everyone

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Sincerely inspiring. Finding new ways of organizing and collaborating, freely, is one of the most important things for humans to iterate on given our shared new communication capabilities. We believe programmable and decentralized financial systems, like the ones being built over Ethereum and Optimism, are setting the foundation for these types of experiments, and the Optimistic vision of harnessing that towards public goods is a great and concise manifesto of such an experiment we want to collaborate with.

1. This is a “Working” Constitution.
We believe this is the only way to have chance of achieving the Optimistic vision. We can’t foresee all the challenges and requirements for this experiment to be a success because. This has not been tried before, in the long run having a solid bedrock constitution will be required to avoid the capture of the collective by interests not well aligned with the Vision, but there is much to learn before we can get to that.

2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective.
I think plutocracy would not be well aligned with the above discussed Optimistic Vision, so finding a way for the collective to self-govern without becoming one is a basic requirement.

3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model.
Again, I believe the only way to achieve the long term goal of the vision is iteratively and progressive decentralization is a requirement given the unexplored territory we are traversing.

My Web3 interests:

Data and analytics, DeFi, Wallets, Writing.

Languages I speak and write:
Please choose from the ISO 639-1 list
English, Spanish.

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional] The Revert team has strong experience in software development, product design, and data analysis.

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional]

• Revert
  • Uniswap
  • Balancer
  • Curve
  • Aave
3 Likes

Name: Thales Optimism Delegates

Address or ENS: 0x489863b61C625a15C74FB4C21486baCb4A3937AB

Discord username: padzank | Thales#2734

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | padzank.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As a representative of Optimism native Thales protocol, our interest is aligned with the Optimism ecosystem thriving and I believe my experience in various Defi governance initiatives and strategy contributions will enable me to assist to that goal.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : By fully understanding the core ethos of the Ethereum network itself, Optimistic Vision represents a brilliant view on decentralized governance and how it can be structured to be in complete symbiosis with the nature of the communities born out of it.

With the rapidly evolving and ever changing nature of web3 space, highly adaptable and constantly improving Constitution is the most optimal approach when compared to fixed model of governing.

2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective.

By prioritizing finding a balance between short-term and long-term, the Collective is bound to organically gravitate towards evolving to become the most optimal governance structure for open networks.

3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model.

In a rapidly changing and evolving space such as this, it is suboptimal to rush into a fully open governance model before there is enough time to organically develop a strong community foundation with Optimism’s best interest at heart.

My Web3 interests:

Decentralized finance, governance structures, bootstrap optimizations, protocol growth.

Please choose from the ISO 639-1 list

English, Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian.

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional] Long experience in strategy and growth of web3 native project.

• Thales
  • Synthetix
  • Overtime Markets
  • Uniswap
  • DefiLlama
  • CowSwap
3 Likes

Name: DK

Address or ENS: 0xAD16ebE6FfC7d96624A380F394cD64395B0C6144 (dk.3anon.eth)

Discord username: DK#0006

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | dk.3anon.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: The past few years I have been a governance lurker, watching what works and what can be improved. Now that we are building a formal governance roll-out in 2023 for Premia, I am taking a more proactive approach in both being a liaison for cross-project gov representation, but also to learn from more established groups by being an active member. With the goal being to research, engage, and weaponize what works and apply to the Premia Ecosystem. As far as I know, Premia is the only market for OP Token options and has written over 12mm in optimistic native options since we launched on Optimism at the beginning of August 2022. The Premia Core team would love the opportunity to work together contributing as a valued partner & participant in the expanding optimism ecosystem.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: After spending the last 6mo reviewing governance structures, missions, purposes, legal entity jurisdictions, voting methods, etc., I can appreciate that it is no small feat with all the brainstorming and modeling that must have went into the collective and ultimately the optimistic vision. One thing that I can say for certain is that I kept coming back and studying not only the OP governance system, but also personally resonating with the ethos behind the collective. That alignment is why I am back after crawling around gov forums for months, hopefully to further learn from the community and collective to build a common good in an economically responsible way.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution : Honestly, at first was taken back by the simplicity of the constitution. I have internally conflicting thoughts on protocol constitutions as a governing document (legal devil on my shoulder), however experimenting in the open is the way to move decentralized organizations forward. So many “DAOs” today are cookie cutter, that personally I feel we have hit a mild plateau in innovation, or that the large monolith DAOs are stuck, whether intentional or not. The need to rapidly iterate in a responsible manner, testing novel concepts or approaches to what participatory and collaborative decentralized enterprises can achieve. Lastly, completely agree on the involvement of the Foundation, oversight is needed while the collective matures, and in reality that will take time to grow and flourish, especially in a time of uncertain regulatory approach.

My Web3 interests: Defi, Economics, Legal, Privacy, Social Impact

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise:
Web3 – Legal (Contract, Jurisdiction, Regulatory), Talent Acquisition, Operations, Token Economics, Data Analytics, Top 100 Degen Score :slight_smile:

My favorite Web3 projects: Anything Llama, Bonfire, Nouns

2 Likes

Name: Connext

Address or ENS: (personal ENS: sexatnoon.eth) - Multisig L2 controlled by Connext (for $OP delegation): 0x3576aafaffe4c07f894447265b391856377157db

Discord username: Max | Connext#8321

Verification (tweet): https://twitter.com/sexatnoontaxes_/status/1610574612668076033

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

I am applying as a Connext representative for the Protocol Delegation Program. Keen to proactively support impactful organizations like Optimism that want to create effective public goods, and make sure we can provide the best tools and resources to foster the Optimism ecosystem.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 135:

positively impressed by the North Star that has been agreed on: many of the projects I worked on in the past, while being extremely impactful, were struggling to pay the bills.
I am excited to be able to shift this dynamic together with the Collective.

We are pioneering new territories in the democratic process of creating sustainable, decentralized, public goods. A first phase must include a trial and error approach. It will be critical, though, to constantly monitor, measure, and evaluate what works and what doesn’t to refine experiments in a positive loop.

The bicameral structure is very fascinating, and although I understand the need for an initial steering entity, I am excited to help the Collective develop in the areas of governance, public funding, and impact measurement.

I met and worked with people at the Optimism Foundation and I am confident they act in the best interest of Optimism as a public resource.

My Web3 interests: Bridges, DAOs, DeFi, Economics, Social impact

Languages I speak and write: English, Spanish, Italian

My skills and areas of expertise: Marketing & Growth, Tokenomics, Data Analytics, Project Management

My favorite Web3 projects: Connext, ENS, Redacted Cartel

2 Likes

Name: Shane Hong, representing KyberSwap

Address or ENS: 0xEb1AfEBD776c9669CE0Eb3CB2E14346751223c60

Discord username: Shane K#0042

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/shaneMkt/status/1610597817843867650 | Twitter handle: shaneMkt

At KyberSwap, we believe Optimism is going to be at the heart of many unprecedented DeFi innovations that would bring a positive impact to the space and we want to help support this development as a delegate. My skill set from close to 5 years of experience building and working with projects in DeFi could potentially help the Optimism Collective fulfill its objectives and add value to the Optimism ecosystem.

As part of the team leading KyberSwap’s initiatives related to our own DAO governance and KNC tokenomics, I am interested in playing a key role in how the Optimism Collective coordinates public goods for the benefit of all ecosystem participants.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:
My team and I are inspired by the Optimistic Vision and would like to support it at a deeper level. I feel that KyberSwap’s vision - to create a liquidity hub for the decentralized economy so that DeFi is accessible to all - strongly complements the Optimistic Vision of a coordinated, collaborative cyberspace, where we can be united in our efforts to bring positive change and impact to as many people and projects as possible through public goods. It would not be easy to achieve this vision for sure, but in my opinion, Optimism has laid a solid foundation and is well-positioned to make it a reality.

The Optimistic Vision is also very much aligned with our own interests in decentralized governance and our belief that positive impact to the ecosystem/collective should be efficiently and fairly rewarded to the builders, users, and value creators that contribute the most.

1. Decentralized governance and DAOs are in a nascent stage and will definitely experience growing pains. As such, it is indeed prudent to undergo a few years of experimentation and treat the Working Constitution as a ‘living’ entity that evolves over time based on lessons learnt, instead of relying on a rigid, fixed model. However, it is imperative that this commitment to experimentation is concurrently anchored by the shared Optimistic Vision and the core values of the collective, to ensure a united and harmonious community focused on the same objectives.

2. We agree with Optimism’s use of a bicameral governance system. Checks and balances are necessary for any governance model, especially in relation to public goods. In the context of simple token-based voting, it is possible for a few large token holders to accumulate massive voting power to serve their own interests instead of benefiting the collective or wider ecosystem. A bicameral governance system with retroactive public goods funding based on past contributions and governed by the Citizens’ House could potentially mitigate such plutocracy. This would in turn provide long-term, sustainable incentives for the participants that create the most value on Optimism.

3. For the purpose of efficiency and practicality, we agree that the Optimism Foundation would be a good initial steward of the collective and its early governance model. This helps ensure a more structured establishment and management of the collective as it takes its baby steps. Similar to what KyberSwap is implementing, the Optimism Foundation should adopt an approach of progressive decentralization while maintaining a high level of transparency and adherence to its core values. We are confident that the Optimism Foundation will act in the best interests of the collective.

My Web3 interests:
DAOs, Governance, DeFi, Gaming

En (English)

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional]
My expertise lies in community-building, marketing, and tokenomics. I have been active in the Ethereum and DeFi space since 2017, participating in communities such as Polygon, Aave, and Chainlink, and officially part of the Kyber team since 2018.

I am currently Head of Strategy for DAO & KNC, leading initiatives to efficiently allocate ecosystem incentives and to revamp our KyberDAO governance process and KNC tokenomics.

Previously, as Head of Marketing, I facilitated the launch and promotion of Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), led the growth of our community to over 300K members across social channels, and helped Kyber become the most used DeFi protocol in 2019/20, with the highest brand awareness.

Apart from KyberSwap: Aave, Lido, DeFiLlama

2 Likes

Name: Polynomial Protocol

Address or ENS: oeth:0x13DEbC7a8ef08a97531d0F9a7eaBF2B0271c5054

Discord username: SalmanNaseer#7095

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tweet | Twitter handle: 0xsalmannaseer

As a representative of the Optimism Native Polynomial, I believe in the Optimistic Vision and have first-hand knowledge of the way Optimism takes feedback and does so in a fast way. We want to affirm our support and contribute to the Optimism Collective. My views as a builder in the space can help the collective fulfil its objectives in a way that benefits all the ecosystem participants, especially those on the side of building public goods.

• We are strongly influenced by the Optimistic Vision and want to support it on a deeper level. A lot of open-source contributors are not adequately compensated. The optimistic vision of funding is the best way to reshape rewards and create a future narrative full of positivity & hope.
  • The Optimistic Vision is closely connected with our interests in decentralised governance and our faith that a positive impact to the ecosystem should be effectively and equally incentivised to the most active builders, users, and value creators.
  • Programmable and decentralised financial systems, such as those built on Ethereum and Optimism, are laying the groundwork for these kinds of studies/experiments.

• Checks and balances are essential for every governance model, particularly regarding public goods. In the rapid phase of development that happens on Optimism, it is prudent to take on a governance model that is fluid and conducive to continuous experimentation that can help the collective learn more about the ecosystem it fosters.
  • By having a bicameral system of governance, Token House and Citizen House ensures that Optimism keeps up with the growing challenges of the day while keeping each chamber in check of the other and adequately balancing short-term gain with long-term vision.
  • In the 3rd article, given the uncharted territory, the only way (pragmatic one) to reach the vision’s long-term goal is iterative, and progressive decentralisation is necessary.

My Web3 interests:

DeFi, Music, DAOs, Infrastructure, Messaging

En (English)

Polynomial, Curve, Synthetix

2 Likes

Name: dHEDGE

Address or ENS: 0x352Fb838A3ae9b0ef2f0EBF24191AcAf4aB9EcEc

Discord username: Taminater#0002

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tweet

As a representative of dHEDGE and Toros Finance protocol, I am committed to the success of the Optimism ecosystem. I believe Optimism has the potential to be the future of Ethereum and my experience in various Defi protocols and strategic contributions can help the ecosystem thrive. Our interests are aligned with the prosperity of Optimism.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :

The Optimistic Vision offers an insightful perspective on decentralized governance and how it can work harmoniously with the communities that utilize the Ethereum network. This understanding of the fundamental principles of Ethereum is key to the success of this vision.

The crypto and DeFi space changes so rapidly so it’s imperative to be adaptable. This is especially relevant in governance, so allowing this flexibility allows the constitution to evolve over time.

1. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective.

The Collective’s focus on balancing short-term and long-term goals will naturally lead to the development of the most efficient governance structure for open networks

1. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model.

It is important to take the time to build a solid community foundation with the best interests of Optimism in mind before transitioning to a fully open governance model. This is especially important in a rapidly changing and evolving field like this one

My Web3 interests:

Decentralized finance, protocol growth.

English.

My skills and areas of expertise: Long experience in strategy and growth of web3 native project.

My favourite Web3 projects:

• dHEDGE
  • Toros Finance
  • Synthetix
  • Uniswap
  • DefiLlama
2 Likes

Name : Kwenta DAO (Represented by Elite Council)

Address or ENS: 0x38E77E487518851f47e8470433D69F3119304D7C

Discord username: Kevin :crossed_swords:#6969, Andrew | Kwenta (10x)#3709, :rainbow: Burt Rock | Kwenta ▣#7445, tee_bee#4949, platschi#6302, JVK#6935

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/Kwenta_io

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As one of the earliest supporters of the Optimism ecosystem, Kwenta’s is well positioned and incentivized to make decisions that fosters the growth and adoption of the Optimism protocol.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Although Kwenta operates with a higher degree of utilitarian principles, we are a protocol pioneering true decentralization for a user-facing product; this unwavering dedication to decentralization is in complete alignment with the ultimate goal of the Optimistic Vision which is to empower users to control the tools they use.

1. This is a “working” constitution: As we navigate through a constantly changing world, it is important for our blockchain governance to be flexible and adaptable to reflect the evolving nature of human behavior and lifestyles. To achieve this, we must embrace innovation and continually seek out new ways to improve and refine our framework.
  2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective: In order to ensure the success of our governance model, it is essential that we align short-term incentives with long-term visions. We are excited to explore the potential of the bicameral model, as exemplified by Sparta, through the experimentation of OP Governance and OP citizenship. By balancing the needs of the present with a clear understanding of our ultimate goals, we can make informed decisions that move us towards a brighter future.
  3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model: We believe in progressive decentralization and welcome the OP Foundation as early leaders in the OP Collectives governance model.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, DAOs, Governance, Zero knowledge, Data and analytics.

Languages I speak and write: EN, TH

My skills and areas of expertise: The Kwenta community specializes in derivatives trading, DAO architecture, incentives systems, smart contract development, web 3 native frontend development, and decentralized community development.
My favorite Web3 projects: Synthetix, Lyra, Thales, dHEDGE, Optimism, The Graph, Chainlink, Pyth, Aelin, Uniswap, Velodrome, and Hop.

1 Like

Delegate Commitment

Name : Lyra Protocol

Address or ENS:0x2f30c18491435cb8bf24047d3398167ac327f750

Discord username : :rainbow:ksett _/#8710

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/ksett13/status/1612513068784705553?s=20&t=2ZF4fBwoDVD6XfsdoMQRzg

Collaboration with OP governance ensures long-term alignment between the Lyra Protocol and the Optimistic Vision. Optimism’s technology and scaling solution is essential to the mass adoption of Decentralized finance and it is something I aim to support and contribute to. Decentralized governance requires participation from interested parties to share and collaborate on a collective vision.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 2:

The Optimistic Vision is a revolutionary step towards decentralized coordination that leverages the strengths of Defi communities. The shift towards public goods in cyberspace is a monumental change in the way we have thought about cooperation and alignment in the past.

1. The flexibility of a working Constitution will be paramount to the success of this governance experiment. It is important to understand that the ability to change course will be the key to a successful governance structure that can keep pace with the continually changing Defi landscape.
  2. A Bicameral governance structure with proper checks and balances is absolutely necessary at this scale to ensure interest alignment.
  3. I believe the Optimism Foundation is necessary to support Optimism’s infrastructure at this time. I hope that a day will come where the DAO is self-sufficient enough to not require a physical entity but we are not there yet.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Governance, DAOs, Economics

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: Defi, Trading, Partnerships

My favorite Web3 projects: Lyra, Synthetix, Polynomial, dHEDGE, Brahma

4 Likes

Name: ENS

Address or ENS: 0x9C8984a1b26Ea82fFcC7a4Ef058b303A85b7fA25

Discord username: makoto#2771

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | Makoto Inoue ( matoken.eth )

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like to participate the DAO governance representing ENS

My view on the Optimistic Vision 141: ENS being the one of the successful example of public goods generating sustainable income, I share the same vision that public goods can be profitable. By being the delegate of OP, I would like to contribute to the discussion of how public good funding.

1. Agree, 2) Agree 3) Agree 4) Agree 5) Agree

My Web3 interests: BridgesData and analytics,Identity,Wallets,Zero knowledge

Languages I speak and write: En, ja

My skills and areas of expertise: Solidity, js, sql, illustration

My favorite Web3 projects: POAP, ENS

3 Likes

Name: Code4rena team

Address or ENS: 0xC2bc2F890067C511215f9463a064221577a53E10

Discord username: :crystal_ball: vee | C4#6243, Etherean#7284

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): tweet, tally profile

Code4rena is an open organization with a mission to make the crypto space more secure. We feel deeply aligned with the Optimism vision. Governing an open organization in an effective way is not easy. We know from our own experience. Optimism has worked with tremendous commitment towards creating an effective governance model. We are keen to share what we have learned from past successes and pitfalls alongside our expertise on security in order to help develop and drive growth to the entire ecosystem.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 138:

• impact=profit. We are in a unique position in history where we have the chance to disrupt existing norms around growth and profit and Optimism has the potential to become one of the main players driving change.
  • Value-aligned. Code4rena’s model was built on the notion that security is a collaborative, community effort. Code4rena pioneered new mechanisms in the security auditing space that have led to more efficient timeframes, and higher coverage making us one of the biggest security communities on Ethereum. We’re proud of the resources we’ve been able to create for security researchers and developers making it clear that impact=profit.

1. Honest and logical. We are all sailing in uncharted territories where there are no fixed solutions and definite answers. Introducing a working constitution with room for experimentation is in our opinion one of Optimism’s biggest strengths. It takes time, self-organization, feedback, a humble mentality, and commitment to run an initiative like this and shows a long-term commitment and vision.
  2. Introducing the widely used and tested bicameral governance system is a good step towards effective governance and balance between tactics and strategy. We are excited to see and potentially help come up with upgraded iterations of this model based on feedback and observations so far.
  3. We firmly believe in one innovation at a time. Systems take a long time to mature, especially in rapidly moving environments, for this reason, the involvement of the Foundation is necessary.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Developer tools, Governance, Infrastructure, Privacy, Security, Social impact

En, fr, de, el, sp

My skills and areas of expertise:

Our team has a wide and diverse background in areas such as security, mechanism design, governance, management and politics.

Pooltogether
Foundation
Juicebox

3 Likes

:wave: I love this Commitments and you’ll have my full support.
I’m part of OPTIMOSM

Name: Charlie Feng

Address or ENS: cfeng.eth

Discord username: zcf#9299

Verification: https://twitter.com/charliecfeng/status/1612940955660816384?s=20

First and foremost, I find the Optimistic Vision to be inspiring in its desire to coordinate and organize communities. As someone who’s a long-time startup operator, I find the mission to dispel the myth of public goods vs. profitability to be a cause I’d like to support.

As someone building governance tooling for Optimism (Agora), I am both deeply interested in helping improve the governance experience as a whole and also sharing our learnings and experiences to support other projects and builders.

From a practical perspective, we bring forth a group of builders and operators with deep operational, financial and product experience across both web3 and TradFi.

Public goods are often the backbones of most of our favorite tools on the internet. Yet they’re woefully underfunded, undersupported, and understaffed. The fact that Optimism wants to change this is inspiring, and I’d like to do my part in contributing to this mission.

I deeply believe in the phrase: “show me the incentives, and I will show you the result”, and I believe if Optimism is successful, it can greatly improve the incentive dynamics of how builders and participants behave in the web3 ecosystem.

1. Agreed – Permanent structures often have unintended consequences. So I like the explicit framing of this as an experiment with an expiry date. However, I would add that it’s also important to strike a balance between exploratory vs. doubling down for results (which often requires executing consistently over a longer period of time). I believe the key here lies in the time-frame of each objective.
  2. Agreed – While this balance of short-term vs. long-term is crucial. I think it’s one of those “easy to say, hard to execute” statements. Incentives will ultimately drive this behavior and I’ve seen it corrupted time and time again in organizations, which I think ties nicely into #3.
  3. Agreed – I’m supportive because I think the role of the Foundation is crucial especially at the early stages of kickstarting a flywheel. As the ecosystem grows, the jobs to be done that the Foundation initially takes on does not disappear, but rather decentralizes into other stewards among the community.

My Web3 interests:
Accessibility, DAOs, Governance, Economics, Legal

Languages I speak and write: en, zh

My skills and areas of expertise: fintech, operations, alternative debt/capital markets, risk management. Among the team, we have expertise in smart contracts, product/design, governance, DeFi.

Uniswap, ENS, Compound

Lastly, as builders of Agora (proposal) and to our commitment of building governance tooling as a neutral party, we plan to keep our voting power below 2% of voting supply as to remain a neutral party.

4 Likes

Name: Hop Protocol

This delegate commitment is placeholder and will be updated by Hop DAO’s Optimism representative once a representative has been elected.

Address or ENS: 0xDC01EA5b6B48187F5Aa1e422E90Dc01d03217B76

Discord username: TBD

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): TBD

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: TBD

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: TBD

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: TBD

My view on the Optimistic Vision : TBD

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: TBD

My Web3 interests: TBD

Languages I speak and write: TBD

4 Likes

Name: Rubicon Team

Address or ENS:
delegate.rubicon.eth (0xaa31CB426e2C83cDa9C850874D166d7fcA836B14)

Discord username(s):
forrest#6764, denver#8815, benjamin | rubicon.finance#3427

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:
Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:
Yes

Rubicon was one of the first protocols to launch on Optimism. Our team believes in not only in the underlying technology but also in the values and ethics embedded into it. Optimism and the OP Stack are set to play an important role in scaling Ethereum to the world, and we want to play an active role in steering the Collective toward this goal.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :
Trying to make true public goods profitable is an ambitious goal, yet Optimism is already making an impressive amount of progress! Our team is looking forward to the next round of RPGF, and we believe these processes will continue maturing and fund more than just developer tools. We can’t wait to go to the first park funded by RPGF!

1: It is very early in the history of decentralized governance, so it’s important that documents and processes are not too rigid. We love that Optimism not only encourages but enshrines experimentation into its Constitution. The Collective has already seen some great governance experiments, and some not-so-great ones. What’s important is that the community was critical and introspective afterward and made changes when necessary.

2: We look forward to the upcoming introduction of OP Citizens! Bicameral governance is underexplored in this space, and we think Citizens will bring a healthy balance to the current token-voting process. The Collective will surely come out stronger from any conflicts between the Citizen and Token Houses!

3: Our view is that the Foundation has been a good steward of the Collective. We only ask for continued transparency and regular reporting, the recap/feedback posts from Foundation members are important discussions that drive this community forward.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, Developer Tools, Privacy, Wallets

en

5 Likes

Name: Chris | LI.FI

Address or ENS: chrishg.eth

Discord username: Chris | LI.FI

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | chrishg.eth

With LI.FI’s OP Governance Proposal we’ve experienced the governance decision process first hand and have seen its rough edges but also its potential. Personally I enjoy witnessing different forms of collective decision making, iteration on that and innovating how these can best serve the actual goals they are aiming for. Especially with many outside stakeholders incentives play a crucial role here and being able to contribute to these decisions and later on the processes around them is something which I’m personally excited to be part of.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 135:

The optimistic perspective to use digital democratic governance as a trial ground to experiment with collective decision making and adequate incentives deeply resonates with my personal ideas of innovation. It will be fascinating to observe how the alignment of decision structures to be iterated on and impact=profit incentives can lead to outcomes ultimately more beneficial to the public and all stakeholders.

This will be particularly groundbreaking once the ideas and learnings generated in this process can extend beyond just within the ecosystem but can be applied on a broader spectrum exceeding the borders of the digital realms.

1. I strongly believe in iteration and constant improvement based on hypotheses, prototypes and subsequent feedback. After a long enough time-period there will hopefully be a solid enough foundation to establish a more permanent constitution. Still that one should be open for adaptation at certain time intervals.
  2. Balance of power is essential to prevent few stakeholders from having too much influence on decisions (e.g. large OP holders) and therefore undermining an unbiased governance process having resilience against manipulation and nepotism.
  3. It makes sense to still have the OP foundation as steward for now, as long as over the long-term more decentralization will be pursued.

My Web3 interests: Bridges, Governance, Infrastructure, Privacy, Security

Languages I speak and write: en, de

My skills and areas of expertise: Consensus, Governance, Bridges, Leadership, Group Dynamics, Research, Programming

My favorite Web3 projects: LI.FI, Etherscan, Gitcoin

4 Likes

Name: Nested

Address or ENS: oeth:0x07963001638c2e8283Ef7F3dABF4242Eaf5d4F79 - it’s a Safe; it only supports the Optimism network.

Discord username: Rudy | Nested#0470 & Aylo#6248

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):
Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 16.55.09

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, we have read and understood.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, we understand this responsibility.

We are building the best user experience on top of DeFi protocols to be sure we will be able to acquire and retain newcomers - who won’t be comfortable with the new vocabulary, habits, and obstacles they will encounter by entering this market.

Optimism is important to provide a similar user experience that newcomers are accustomed to on centralized exchanges like Binance/Coinbase or platforms like Etoro/Robinhood because transactions are cheap and instantaneous.

Also, Optimism is the Synthetix playground that powers synthetic assets. Synthetix could have a central place in making DeFi mainstream as it offers the infrastructure to provide a “cross-chain experience” (like sSOL-sAVAX), massive liquidity without price impact/slippage, and real-world assets.

impact=profit — the principle that positive impact to the collective should be rewarded with profit to the individual.

This sentence is the most significant. The initial crypto vision is to positively impact the world rather than an individual. Satoshi is the best example.

During all previous bull markets, most market actors tend to forget this mutual value on which we all should be focused.

Yes, Yes & Yes.

My Web3 interests:

Accessibility, DeFi, Infrastructure, Social impact, Wallets.

English
French

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional]

Everything we use on our dApp, composability, communication, and writing.

5 Likes

Name: Kyle C

Address or ENS: 0x9eE69759585aa3A9379b066F3caecbbD62420f9d

Discord username: horsemcgee#2673

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As a long time Web3 participant, I’ve always wanted to play an active part in DAO governance and experience firsthand how an established DAO operates. My career interests tie closely with Web3 and I hope that commitment to the collective will yield the experience so that I may contribute to providing public goods in the near future.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: impact = profit is a mantra that is slowly being adopted in the physical world, it is akin to pay for performance. Far too many open source or free projects do not receive adequate funding to survive - how many times have we seen Wikipedia ask for a $1 donation from its users? The Optimistic Vision doesn’t just provide a means for creators and innovators to survive, it gives them a means to pursue their creativity.

1. Yes, we live and learn, so too should the Constitution. Curious to know what factors went into the decision on the length of time for which it is in effect.
  2. Yes
  3. Yes - though I question how long the Foundation should hold this authority for in an effort to promote decentralization.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, data and analytics, identity, DAOs, gaming

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: data and analytics, financial markets

My favorite Web3 projects: Uniswap, Squeeth, PanOptic

2 Likes