Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Benjamin.lens

Address or ENS: 0xd39c1775e98a73fd0a9c8ecac8c9fedb9bb81e45

Discord username: Benjamin | QiDao Protocol#2455

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/Benjamin918_/status/1609313460269060096?s=20&t=50PGJOJcGqv6W3QKFp1hmQ

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes I understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support Optimism. Through my work at QiDao Protocol, I continue to build a lot of new products on Optimism which bring liquidity and users to the space. This makes me very aligned with the success of Optimism as a whole. Becoming a delegate will allow me to contribute to our community through group discourse and governance.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: A large part of my interest in blockchain is the innovation taking place in governance, and more broadly, community organization. These values being created in crypto have the ability to live beyond blockchain technology, and that’s why we need to focus on them. Arriving at a place where developing public goods is profitable and attractive at scale is hard to say the least. The Optimistic Vision is a bold north star to work upon and it’s amazing to be a part of it at the protocol, and hopefully soon, at the delegate level.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. We’re definitely still at an experimental stage. We should continue to try new things and be open to failures. What I hope to push is the idea of positivity, regardless of outcome. This experiment should be fun and engaging.
  2. At QiDao Protocol, we’ve been working on multi-cameral systems of governance. We’ve seen that the strict token-holder DAO model isn’t conducive to long-term strategies and planning.
  3. It will be good to have the Foundation making sure the masses organize well and continue to thrive in these early days.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Economics, Governance, Writing

Languages I speak and write: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese

My skills and areas of expertise: my formal education is in Finance and Philosophy, particularly Chinese philosophy.

I have a background in investment banking in NYC. I’ve been in crypto for several years, having started companies in the fields of stablecoins, developer tooling, bridges, and wallets.

My favorite Web3 projects:

Of course, my favorite project is QiDao Protocol.

Beefy Finance, Lens, and Gnosis Safe are my other favorites. I could list so many projects that I love in the space, but I’ll keep it to these.

8 Likes