Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Krzysztof Urbański (kaereste or krst)

Address or ENS: private: kaereste.eth, L2BEAT: l2beatcom.eth

Discord username: krst#6650

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/l2beat/status/1600859255648661505, personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaereste

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™ve been involved in a fight for free software and public goods for almost 20 years now. Since the late 90s Iā€™ve been involded in various Linux related projects (LinuxPL, Debian), with Polish Linux Users Group and Polish chapter of Internet Society (ISOC PL). Iā€™ve been co-creating one of the biggest Polish libraries with public domain books, (WolneLektury). Since Iā€™ve been involved in crypto, Iā€™ve been helping Polish authorities to understand and appreciate public, permissionless blockchain infrastructure through education activities and involvement in public debate.

Iā€™m a part of L2BEAT team, Iā€™m responsible for all governance related topics and I will be serving as L2BEAT delegate in all protocols that werā€™re involved with. As L2BEAT we understand the value and importance of public debate and governance processes and we want to provide our own resources to enhance those. We value open, transparent, permissionless systems and we would like to make sure that the ecosystems stays committed to those values. My role in the organisation is to be involved in all the relevant processes, providing time and resources to have a positive impact on the ecosystem.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : I strongly believe that the power of communities comes from coordination around common values. I am a long-time supporter of public goods. I believe that through experimentation on public goods funding, open debate, and governance mechanisms we can have a positive impact on future communities that are going to evolve around the ecosystems that weā€™re building today.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. Weā€™re still in the early days of improving governance mechanisms to make them work at scale in modern digital societies, it is absolutely obvious that any ruleset has to evolve while we learne.
  2. Strongly agree. We need to play both for the ā€œhere and nowā€ goals, but with greater vision in mind. Our decisions need to take into account the long game and the interests of the whole community.
  3. That seems absolutely reasonable.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, Governance, Social impact, DAOs, Legal

Languages I speak and write:
Polish, English

My skills and areas of expertise: UX, user research, understanding technical topics (including reading & writing code), project/product management, managing communities

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional]
MakerDAO, L2Beat, ENS

5 Likes

Linda Xie Please vote on snapshot.org (Optimisim new proposals are live :))
Thankyou i delegate my votes to you

An excellent promising project and a more than skilled and creative team!

2 Likes

Name: MinhDuc

Address or ENS: 0x4860CA818c3650Bc928dF43ea4eDA07704FC1581

Discord username: MinhDuc#2353

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/Local_sec/status/1601262384902918144

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, as a NFT Collector i think that a good network is really important, feedback made the network become better and better day by day.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: of course, im here not only to vote for fun, im really serious to be a delegator

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a member of Ganland, I am really fascinated by the NFT Ganland created, so I am here to vote, to defend and to support Ganland.
In just a short time participating, Ganlandā€™s products make me really satisfied. In todayā€™s bad market, Ganlandā€™s 2D and 3D works are one of the rare bright spots for me to continue to believe in Crypto market, believe in Web 3.
Therefore, to be able to continue to support Ganland, becoming a Delegator is an important and inevitable part.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: I know about Optimistic for a long time ago, im also a member who recevied a huge airdrop and follow Optimistic almost half year. For sure, i belive about Optimistic, and i know the way team choosing is right, Web3, NFT with strong community alway is the best. In the future, i think Optimistic will be on top 5 Network.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I think itā€™s a very interesting structure, anyway, i dont have much knowledge about that things, so everything i can do is read, try to understand and follow. In the future, i hope that Optimistic can keep the original spirit and for sure, i alway be here, together.

My Web3 interests: NFTs, Visual art, Game, Trade

Languages I speak and write: VN

My skills and areas of expertise: Master of Computer Sience, Network Manager

My favorite Web3 projects:
Ganland
Fractalicia - Quixotic
AbtractX

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Name: ego97516

Address or ENS: 0xE408D65d495c567aB246E7c90F11d15d96c1738D

Discord username: ego97516#7048

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tweet

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, sure!

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a member of Ganland, I am really fascinated by the NFT Ganland created, so I am here to vote, to defend and to support Ganland.
In just a short time participating, Ganlandā€™s products make me really satisfied. In todayā€™s bad market, Ganlandā€™s 2D and 3D works are one of the rare bright spots for me to continue to believe in crypto market, believe in WEB3.
Therefore, to be able to continue to support Ganland, becoming a Delegator is an important and inevitable part.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: I know about Optimistic for a long time ago, I am also a member, who recevied a huge airdrop and follow Optimistic almost half year. For sure, I believe in Optimistic, and I know the way team choosing is right, WEB3, NFT with strong community always is the best. In the future, I think Optimistic will be on the top 5 protocols.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I think itā€™s a very interesting structure, anyway, I dont have much knowledge about that things, so everything I can do is read, try to understand and follow. In the future, I hope that Optimistic can keep the original spirit and for sure, I always be here, together.

My Web3 interests: NFTs, Visual Art, DeFi, GameFi

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: Master of Computer Sience

Ganland
Fractalicia
Bored Town
Perpetual Protocol
Kwenta
Lyra
BeethovenX
Uniswap
Synthetix

2 Likes

:metal: :sunglasses: I accompany you because I have seen the great performance of you in the Optimism!!

1 Like
  • Name : nhungmeo

• Address or ENS : 0x6198A21292308cE287eb9e36e273c1773c5cA888

• Discord username : nhungmeo#0277

• Verification : (Tally profile or tweet) : https://twitter.com/Nhung86772170/status/1601314269949480961

• I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process : Yes, i read and understand.

• I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment : Yes i understand

• My reasons for wanting to be a delegate : I am a member of Fractal Visions, I love the NFTs they create, so I am here to vote, to defend and to support this project. In just a short time participating, their products make me really satisfied. Therefore, to be able to continue to support Fractal Visions, becoming a delegator is an important and inevitable part.

• My view on the Optimistic Vision : It feels extremely important to me to continue showing the world about the public goods which was created on L2. I believe Ethereum has made a great start and would love to see Optimism carry that forward and onboard the next billion users.

• My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution : I appreciate the framing of the constitution as a working document, love the basic two house structure, and agree with policy as a guiding function.

• My Web3 interests : DAOs, DeFi, Visual Arts, NFTs.

• Languages I speak and write : Vietnamese.

• My skills and areas of expertise : Business and Trade.

• My favorite Web3 projects :
    Ganland / Fractalicia
    Uniswap / Quix
    L2Dao

2 Likes
  • Name : Catdl

• Address or ENS : 0xB24B961C30F5a4A0F599513c52b790c2b369d7e0

• Discord username : Catdl#1963

• Verification : by Tweet : https://twitter.com/Meomuop1983/status/1601627955394129920

• I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process : Yes, i read and understand.

• I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment : Yes i understand

• My reasons for wanting to be a delegate : I am a member of Fractal Visions, I love the way they create the arts. Thatā€™s the reason why I am here to vote, to defend and to support them. Within short time after participating, their arts made me really surprise. Therefore, to be able to continue to follow and support Fractal Visions, I want to be a Delegator.

• My view on the Optimistic Vision : I know about Optimistic for a long time ago, I am also a member, who are following Optimistic almost half year. For sure, I believe in Optimistic, and I know the way team choosing is right, WEB3, NFT with strong community always is the best.

• My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution : I appreciate the framing of the constitution as a working document, love the basic two house structure. In the future, I hope that Optimistic can keep the original spirit and for sure, I always be here, together.

• My Web3 interests : DAOs, DeFi, Visual Arts, NFTs.

• Languages I speak and write : Vietnamese and English.

• My skills and areas of expertise : Trade

• My favorite Web3 projects :
    Ganland / Fractalicia
    L2Dao / QiDao
    Lyra / Clipper

4 Likes

Name: Heartistry

Address: Heartistry.eth

Discord: Heartistry#4652

Twitter Verification:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate?

I have a compassionate viewpoint with the goal of bettering spaces, standing as, with, and for artists in a sustainable way, evolving and being at the forefront of technology, art, and music.

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process?

Yes

My view on the Optimistic Vision?

I like how you conceptualised the idea of a sustainable self governing system or at least what one might look like so early on and I share an equally optimistic vision for the future.
It looks sweet and as I later state I am happy to be optimistic.

My view on the first three articles of the Working constitution?

I agree and own the risk of web3 commitment as I have sacrificed a lot already for it. Iā€™m pretty much all in on creating my vision from the future which aligns perfectly with optimismā€™s, albeit from a musical core. Iā€™m passionate about creating social experiences for people as well as building efficient systems in and around it. My personal view is mostly all things in this space are an experiment at this time and itā€™s about having the robustness to morph and change to adapt to the expanding marketplace.

My skills and area of expertise?

Songwriting, writing, poetry, all things music, nfts.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment?

Yes,

I have always thought, Iā€™m a citizen of the world. Yet I didnā€™t realise how optimistic I was for thinking that. All I can say is, itā€™s a pleasure to be in good company.

Now about me Iā€™m an artist, and a writer. Music is where my heart is, March of 2021 is where my journey in web3 with NFTā€™s started. I hate that word. You see Iā€™ve always followed my heart. It sounds so sweet but being honest, I wouldnā€™t recommend it cos it tastes like defeat. I could go on but Iā€™m not defeated yet.

I guess thatā€™s what I love about optimism. It soldiers on. Even when all the light is gone. Somehow optimistically shining. In the dark be a light. Or fight for whatā€™s right as cool would say.

Maybe this style of approach is uncouth, like a child still burdened with youth. Or is it searching for truth lost in cyberspace. Itā€™ll be fine either way. Citizens old and wise, citizens play, and citizens fight.

In spite of human corruption trust-less systems are able to make things right, right?

That would surely be nice.

In fact itā€™s haunted my dreams at night.

There was a time I made history on layer one, and then layer two. All for fun too, but seriously. Hic Et Nunc came through. As did Quix (the market place) which I let some Heartbeats loose. 51 to be exact, and off they flew to live a life of their own.

Once you propel something into space it continues going. You only need to steer the ship, I like that optimism recognises this as an experiment, with a good value system to learn and grow with through time, and as a member of the optimistic community, I would seriously take it upon myself to help guide the flight as best as possible. By being a steward of the light. As is my mission.

My stance or position is simply one of inquisition, making cut throat decisions trying not to cut of circulation. Thereā€™s more to this than just the exterior. Water yourself and then water someone else. Pass it on, tell a friend to tell a friend.

Low and behold Iā€™ve been biding my time, lying in wait like a sleeper agent. Not a martyr for a cause more-like collecting karma points in wars. Bloodied and bruised, participating through every moment.
Sore as well from being blindsided by your ever changing tide.

Itā€™s funny how things change, but people stay the same. Though Iā€™ve met amazing people in this place. Among the toxicity within close proximity.

Wading through the Nile of potential.

With a form of togetherness.

Like maybe one day we could live forever, and ever, I guessā€¦ but only if weā€™re clever.

So far Heartistry is an ecosystem that has grown with a similar vision to optimism. As part of a niche creative hub for a musical game and ethos of creation. Artists apart of it are only required to put their ā€œHeart, into their Artistryā€. As suggested in the name. Which is a verb, and a doing word.

All projects released thus far have been performed, written, and published by me, Joe, with Heartistry. As an experiment if you will. For what publishing music on the blockchain with a method that is in favour of the artist might look like. With a focus on support and reward structures and social gamification.

Maybe its nothing more than a pipe dream, but I remain optimistic

My web3 interests are DAOā€™s, Music, Governance, Gaming, Writing, Jingles, Poetry, Philosophy, NFTā€™s, Experiences (Virtual/IRL).

I speak English (EN) and thatā€™s the language I read and write.

My favourite web3 projects are Fractal Visions, Heartistry, and Dread Heads.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate are simple. I believe that there needs to be people with good hearts and intentions in positions where they can influence things for the better. As a representative of Heartistry, being a delegate for optimism would allow me to put artists first and support web3 music creators and artists in general, onboarding them through the optimism network, benefiting both ecosystems as well as everyone connected through the chain.

After all maybe weā€™re one and the same.

Thanks for taking the time to read my commitment.

• Joe Nix (Founder) of Heartistry
3 Likes

Name: Aaron M

Address or ENS: stillmakingart.eth

Discord username: aaron_m

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, understand

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, understand

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To have input for my position and viewpoint as an independent artist

My view on the Optimistic Vision 128: L2ā€™s, positive name, positive purpose, green and ethical. Vamos!

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: Agree with everything on this constitution.

My Web3 interests:
Accessibility, Cryptography, DAOs, Social impact, Visual art

Languages I speak and write: English, partial French, Spanish and German

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional]

List ā‰¤ 3 projects

1 Like

amazing project and good dev team!

Name: Mauri Velez

Address or ENS: 0xmauri.eth

Discord username: Mauri | 2pi#1157

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): @mauri_xyz

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like to become an active participant in governance decisions which contributes to the further development of the this ecosystem, which I believe has stated the foundations for a long term sustainable commitment.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : believe that it states the values of a shared vision and a North Star as indicated. Im fully aligned on what contribution and rewards towards the efforts and dedication toward maintaining a public good should be incentivized in order to keep individuals involved in building common information systems and the infrastructure of the present and future. So, fully agree with the vision that has been set and willing to become part of the future development of it.

1. I think the fact that we are in technology means that change is the only constant. So, building based from the fact that we have to be flexible from the start is something that for me is what this first article implies and something I believe its a clear starting point for a dynamic ecosystem
  2. I think the concept of balancing power between these bicameral systems is what makes it more sustainable long term
  3. Proper format is via a foundation to make things clear, and this jurisdiction is a proper one. So I think itā€™s the right decision

My Web3 interests:
Choose ā‰¤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: ā€œA, B, Cā€.
DeFi, Privacy, Zero knowledge, Accessibility, Economics.

Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

Languages I speak and write: Spanish, English
Please choose from the ISO 639-1 list

My skills and areas of expertise: Corporate Strategy, Corporate Finance, Product Management

My favorite Web3 projects: Yearn Finance, Tornado Cash, ZkBob
List ā‰¤ 3 projects
[/quote]

2 Likes

Name: Atlantis World

Address or ENS: atlantisworld.eth

Discord username: !rĪžvolution :trident::earth_africa:#9885 (ID: 729932744301478000)

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/atlantis0x/status/1608948823086489600

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: We love Optimism - be it values, tech, community, ecosystem, and the commitment to public goods. Weā€™re committed to take active part in the future of Optimism.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 135: Incentives rule the world, and we believe in the vision of Optimism Collective and we are align and committed to contribute to the world that benefits those who benefit it. Public goods are good.

1. Experimentation is key, providing that the security of the network is ensured. Careful, battle tested iteration in governance processes should be the standard.
  2. Engaging community members & being able to enact their wishes in a trust-minimized system should by design procreate positive outcomes for network participants as the Optimism Collective, & indeed those outside of the network. If the Optimism Collective can unite ideas and align incentives for the better, the whole world stands to benefit. Though, we should also pay close attention to certain attack vectors- ensuring that the system cannot be exploited as per the wants of the few.
  3. Optimism Foundation plays a crucial role in on-going governance iteration process, ecosystem growth & coordination, as well as global Optimism adoption. At this stage, the success of Optimism governance still depends on such solid early stewardship for long term health as well as security. The road to decentralization is not an easy one, but weā€™re confident that we can make it all together.

My Web3 interests: DAOs, Governance, Gaming, NFTs, Social Impact

Languages I speak and write: our team speaks en, es, fr, az, tr, ka, ua, ru, de, no, pt

My skills and areas of expertise: web3 social, metaverse, gaming, NFTs, gamified onboarding, community building, public goods / social impact.

My favorite Web3 projects: Gitcoin, Safe, Kolektivo

5 Likes

Name: Oxytocin

Address or ENS: ox.ytocin.eth

Discord username: Oxytocin#4643

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/0x_Ytocin/status/1608966154630074370

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Read and agreed with :heavy_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Currently, I am also spending a lot of my time helping the ParaSwap DAO, but I will devote time to my delegate duties as well :heavy_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

While I go into more details about this further down my commitment, I find the ideas the Optimism Collective extremely important to upkeep not just for Optimism, but for the future of Web 3 in general. From the innovative method to distribute OP to maximise social impact to its bicameral governance structure, I believe many important things are being tried out here which can assist all of us.

Decentralised Governance protocols like this one require people lending their expertise to discuss and craft the best possible version of something, and I want to lend my (limited) hand in this. Currently my main focus has been in assisting the ParaSwap DAO with governance, where I work to build a protocol that strives to be a decentralised public good for everyone to be able to access DeFi with. An example of this is our current experimentation with the idea of Social Escrow, in which protocol fees would be distributed to users that provide the most Positive Externalities to the protocol.

Iā€™ve wanted to contribute to build here for a while, but to be honest, I always considered my impact would be quite limited as a delegate. However, the Protocol Delegate initiative has been the perfect idea to kickstart my participation in the collective, as now I could both represent the interests of my current most-devoted-to DAO while helping build on the Collective! From here, I hope to slowly grow as a delegate that people are familiar with.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :
The Optimistic vision is something that I find both ambitious and incredibly encouraging in equal parts. After all, the idea of having a collective that manages to foster public goods sustainably is one that society has struggled to accomplish (or even try) for hundreds of years.

Despite this cynical take, I believe that Web 3 not only strongly needs to try to follow this ideals as well as they can, but also that thanks to the unique mindset of Web3 of Decentralisation, Open Source and Decentralised Governance we have a pretty good shot of building something great here.

1. I understand, and welcome this approach of experimentation. The whole space is only a few years old, so it makes sense that we must iterate and grow over time for the Working Constitution as well.
  2. I am excited to see this bicameral system being used for Optimistic Governance. Similar to what I said in my first point, our current systems of governance are new, so this new approach to balancing short and long term visions is exciting.
  3. As many others have said before, I understand the need of the Foundation to assist with the establishment of the collective, and over time decentralise itself more and more as the Collective becomes self-sustaining and resilient.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ā‰¤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: ā€œA, B, Cā€.

DAOs, DeFi, Governance, Social Impact, Writing

Languages I speak and write: English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese

My skills and areas of expertise: My main relevant experience in Web3 comes from DeFi and DAOs, focussing most of my time on the ParaSwap DAO. Because of this, my main relevant skills come from governance research, redaction, communication and such, with DeFi protocols being the section I am most familiar with.

ParaSwap, Aave, Balancer

(There are many, many projects I both love and respect, but due to the 3 project limit, I picked ParaSwap as that is the DAO I am most active in, Balancer as it was the project that raised my interest in DeFi and DAOs, and AAVE because of its strength in demonstrating real-world usage of DeFi early on for me)

5 Likes

Name: Benjamin.lens

Address or ENS: 0xd39c1775e98a73fd0a9c8ecac8c9fedb9bb81e45

Discord username: Benjamin | QiDao Protocol#2455

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/Benjamin918_/status/1609313460269060096?s=20&t=50PGJOJcGqv6W3QKFp1hmQ

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes I understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support Optimism. Through my work at QiDao Protocol, I continue to build a lot of new products on Optimism which bring liquidity and users to the space. This makes me very aligned with the success of Optimism as a whole. Becoming a delegate will allow me to contribute to our community through group discourse and governance.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: A large part of my interest in blockchain is the innovation taking place in governance, and more broadly, community organization. These values being created in crypto have the ability to live beyond blockchain technology, and thatā€™s why we need to focus on them. Arriving at a place where developing public goods is profitable and attractive at scale is hard to say the least. The Optimistic Vision is a bold north star to work upon and itā€™s amazing to be a part of it at the protocol, and hopefully soon, at the delegate level.

1. Weā€™re definitely still at an experimental stage. We should continue to try new things and be open to failures. What I hope to push is the idea of positivity, regardless of outcome. This experiment should be fun and engaging.
  2. At QiDao Protocol, weā€™ve been working on multi-cameral systems of governance. Weā€™ve seen that the strict token-holder DAO model isnā€™t conducive to long-term strategies and planning.
  3. It will be good to have the Foundation making sure the masses organize well and continue to thrive in these early days.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Economics, Governance, Writing

Languages I speak and write: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese

My skills and areas of expertise: my formal education is in Finance and Philosophy, particularly Chinese philosophy.

I have a background in investment banking in NYC. Iā€™ve been in crypto for several years, having started companies in the fields of stablecoins, developer tooling, bridges, and wallets.

Of course, my favorite project is QiDao Protocol.

Beefy Finance, Lens, and Gnosis Safe are my other favorites. I could list so many projects that I love in the space, but Iā€™ll keep it to these.

8 Likes

Name: Velodrome Team

Address or ENS: velodrome.eth

Discord username: alexcutler.eth#0399, tao#4297, nickbtts#0447

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://www.tally.xyz/profile/alexcutler.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: We are Optimismā€™s preeminent native decentralized exchange and have been working since day one to use every lever available to us to help guide Optimism to success. The nature of our work gives us a perspective on building on Optimism that few teams or individuals can match, and being delegates will enable us to channel this insight toward policies that we believe will enable Optimism to meet its objectives.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : The core principles underlying the Vision are foundational to our protocol.

Velodrome is a public good: we raised no money, gave virtually all of our votepower away to ecosystem protocols, OP Labs, prospective users, and Optimism airdroppees, and are laying out initiative after initiative intended to broaden stakeholdership of our protocol and of Optimism more generally. We structured Velodrome to allow anyone seeking to build to bootstrap funding without appealing directly to private capital and for veVELO lockers to benefit from economic activity in the ecosystem.

Why did we do this? We believe that the promise of decentralized finance is not to enrich the few but to freely provide accessible technology facilitating economic activity: a financial Internet, in effect. Optimism is in our view the first true broad-based attempt to make this a reality, and we believe itā€™s our job to help shepherd this project in its early but critical days.

1. The fact that we as a protocol are now being offered votepower is testament to Optimismā€™s commitment to experimentation, continuous improvement, and broadening notions of representation. And now that weā€™re joining the efforts, we recognize we wonā€™t get everything right at the start ā€” but ensuring that every major player shares these core values and commits to putting in the effort will get us to the right place.
  2. Weā€™ve observed a lot of difficulty and confusion that result from imperfect delegation practices and the ā€˜one token, one voteā€™ construction. Our view here follows from the first point, which is that finding new ways to enfranchise committed players will help us as a community move beyond the first generation of governance structures in organizations. We look forward to seeing the first public implementation of Citizen House.
  3. From the start, we have worked closely with the Optimism Foundation and love having them as partners. Weā€™re also deeply cognizant of their desire to decentralize as much as possible and the challenge theyā€™ve faced walking the tightrope between being active stewards and allowing governance to do its thing. The Protocol Delegation Program is an example of the kind of care theyā€™re showing in helping the organization mature, and weā€™re thrilled to be expanding our partnership to this domain.

**My Web3 interests:**Choose ā‰¤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: ā€œA, B, Cā€.DeFi, Privacy, Zero knowledge, Accessibility, Economics.

Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

DeFi, Economics, Infrastructure, Social Impact

Languages I speak and write: en, sp, fr

My skills and areas of expertise: Our core team has work backgrounds spanning diverse areas of investment management, professional services, academia, and software engineering.

My favorite Web3 projects: Curve, Gitcoin

3 Likes

Name: Revert

Address or ENS: revertfinance.eth

Discord username: mariorz | revert.finance

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/revertfinance/status/1609959937584631813

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Our mission is to build powerful tools for liquidity providers in AMM protocols while keeping them open and accessible to everyone

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Sincerely inspiring. Finding new ways of organizing and collaborating, freely, is one of the most important things for humans to iterate on given our shared new communication capabilities. We believe programmable and decentralized financial systems, like the ones being built over Ethereum and Optimism, are setting the foundation for these types of experiments, and the Optimistic vision of harnessing that towards public goods is a great and concise manifesto of such an experiment we want to collaborate with.

1. This is a ā€œWorkingā€ Constitution.
We believe this is the only way to have chance of achieving the Optimistic vision. We canā€™t foresee all the challenges and requirements for this experiment to be a success because. This has not been tried before, in the long run having a solid bedrock constitution will be required to avoid the capture of the collective by interests not well aligned with the Vision, but there is much to learn before we can get to that.

2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective.
I think plutocracy would not be well aligned with the above discussed Optimistic Vision, so finding a way for the collective to self-govern without becoming one is a basic requirement.

3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model.
Again, I believe the only way to achieve the long term goal of the vision is iteratively and progressive decentralization is a requirement given the unexplored territory we are traversing.

My Web3 interests:

Data and analytics, DeFi, Wallets, Writing.

English, Spanish.

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional] The Revert team has strong experience in software development, product design, and data analysis.

• Revert
  • Uniswap
  • Balancer
  • Curve
  • Aave
3 Likes

Name: Thales Optimism Delegates

Address or ENS: 0x489863b61C625a15C74FB4C21486baCb4A3937AB

Discord username: padzank | Thales#2734

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | padzank.eth

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As a representative of Optimism native Thales protocol, our interest is aligned with the Optimism ecosystem thriving and I believe my experience in various Defi governance initiatives and strategy contributions will enable me to assist to that goal.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : By fully understanding the core ethos of the Ethereum network itself, Optimistic Vision represents a brilliant view on decentralized governance and how it can be structured to be in complete symbiosis with the nature of the communities born out of it.

1. This is a ā€œWorkingā€ Constitution.

With the rapidly evolving and ever changing nature of web3 space, highly adaptable and constantly improving Constitution is the most optimal approach when compared to fixed model of governing.

2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective.

By prioritizing finding a balance between short-term and long-term, the Collective is bound to organically gravitate towards evolving to become the most optimal governance structure for open networks.

3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model.

In a rapidly changing and evolving space such as this, it is suboptimal to rush into a fully open governance model before there is enough time to organically develop a strong community foundation with Optimismā€™s best interest at heart.

My Web3 interests:

Decentralized finance, governance structures, bootstrap optimizations, protocol growth.

English, Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian.

My skills and areas of expertise: [optional] Long experience in strategy and growth of web3 native project.

• Thales
  • Synthetix
  • Overtime Markets
  • Uniswap
  • DefiLlama
  • CowSwap
3 Likes

Name: DK

Address or ENS: 0xAD16ebE6FfC7d96624A380F394cD64395B0C6144 (dk.3anon.eth)

Discord username: DK#0006

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | dk.3anon.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: The past few years I have been a governance lurker, watching what works and what can be improved. Now that we are building a formal governance roll-out in 2023 for Premia, I am taking a more proactive approach in both being a liaison for cross-project gov representation, but also to learn from more established groups by being an active member. With the goal being to research, engage, and weaponize what works and apply to the Premia Ecosystem. As far as I know, Premia is the only market for OP Token options and has written over 12mm in optimistic native options since we launched on Optimism at the beginning of August 2022. The Premia Core team would love the opportunity to work together contributing as a valued partner & participant in the expanding optimism ecosystem.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: After spending the last 6mo reviewing governance structures, missions, purposes, legal entity jurisdictions, voting methods, etc., I can appreciate that it is no small feat with all the brainstorming and modeling that must have went into the collective and ultimately the optimistic vision. One thing that I can say for certain is that I kept coming back and studying not only the OP governance system, but also personally resonating with the ethos behind the collective. That alignment is why I am back after crawling around gov forums for months, hopefully to further learn from the community and collective to build a common good in an economically responsible way.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution : Honestly, at first was taken back by the simplicity of the constitution. I have internally conflicting thoughts on protocol constitutions as a governing document (legal devil on my shoulder), however experimenting in the open is the way to move decentralized organizations forward. So many ā€œDAOsā€ today are cookie cutter, that personally I feel we have hit a mild plateau in innovation, or that the large monolith DAOs are stuck, whether intentional or not. The need to rapidly iterate in a responsible manner, testing novel concepts or approaches to what participatory and collaborative decentralized enterprises can achieve. Lastly, completely agree on the involvement of the Foundation, oversight is needed while the collective matures, and in reality that will take time to grow and flourish, especially in a time of uncertain regulatory approach.

My Web3 interests: Defi, Economics, Legal, Privacy, Social Impact

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise:
Web3 ā€“ Legal (Contract, Jurisdiction, Regulatory), Talent Acquisition, Operations, Token Economics, Data Analytics, Top 100 Degen Score :slight_smile:

My favorite Web3 projects: Anything Llama, Bonfire, Nouns

2 Likes