Name: Crypto A S
Address or ENS: 0x406eb55A7636Cd2782fCDfaD8Df6BD767D13Cbf1
Discord username: Crypto A S#5253
Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | 0x406e...Cbf1
I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes
I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
Delegates provide a critical role in maintaining a healthy governance system/process. I’d like to actively contribute and support Optimism governance in any way that I can. Seeing how passionate and committed the Optimism community is toward bettering the governance process, proposing new ideas, and providing feedback on critical topics has been inspiring. I’d like to join the ranks and become a part of the Optimistic crew that pushes the OP ecosystem to get better / grow.
My view on the Optimistic Vision :
" The Optimism Collective will dispel the myth that public goods cannot be profitable . The Collective will consistently provide massive retroactive incentives for public goods which benefit Optimism, Ethereum, and the Collective as a whole.
This excerpt really hit home for me. I have yet to see a similar vision elsewhere in the cryptoverse that aligns so closely with my own personal ethos. I expect my perspective to subtly shift over time as I continue my Web3 journey but I am fully certain that the base vision/foundation will remain grounded in this ideal. It does seem like a long leap from our current state to getting to a point of a sustainable system that can provide for human needs reliably, however, I do think we owe it to ourselves and others to do our best to make it a reality. I do think this vision will be challenged over time but in seeing how passionate contributors / delegates are already, I’m very optimistic that we can achieve something great together.
My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:
- This is a “Working” Constitution. It will be interesting to see how governance changes over time as delegates and community members help shift the roles and responsibilities. It’s a noble effort to receive and act on feedback. Experimentation is how things evolve and get better.
- OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective I believe this is one of the first attempts to utilize a bicameral structure for governance (that I am aware of). I’d like to be a part of it.
- The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model It is important for the Foundation to be aware of the status of it’s governance system but I also believe that it’s healthy to allow it to grow within guiderails (and not be overly directly involved). I was pleasantly surprised at how well this balance was achieved on the first Optimism Governance Call on 8/2/2022.
- Rights of OP Citizens and OP Holders I would be interested to review the process on how OP Holders can remove a director from the Optimism foundation. I do think it should require a majority vote from the OP holders (>66% approve), but not having seen the process I will reserve judgement until I conduct further research.
- Interpretation Fully agree.
- Always I’m Optimistic by nature, I hope I will fit in!
My Web3 interests: DeFi, Economics, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure
Languages I speak and write: English
My skills and areas of expertise: Business Development, Proposal Writing, Risk Analysis (Former Risk Manager), Strategy, Software Testing
My favorite Web3 projects:
Balancer, Liquity, Primitive