Delegate Commitments [OLD]

GM!

Name : Griff Green

Address or ENS: griff.eth

Discord username : griff (:purple_heart:, :purple_heart:)#8888

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/thegrifft/status/1522142269259853824

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:
Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:
Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Scaling Ethereum is needed if we are going to bring to life the things I am dedicated to building with Giveth and Commons Stack. I organized a Scaling Now conference and interview series in 2018 and worked with Hermez (Now Polygon Hermez a public goods focused rollup) on and off over the years. I would like to get deeper into the scaling community!

Optimism is very aligned with my values of solving Public Goods funding issues with novel economic driven win-win systems. I would like to help in any way that I can, and given that I am a Delegate for ENS and Gitcoin this seems to be the most obvious way to help. Also, I LOVE experimental governance systems and as a delegate I will get to be on the forefront of how we tune parameters as a community, and I love that stuff!

My view on the Optimistic Vision :

“Positive impact to the collective should be rewarded with profit to the individual.”

This is exactly what I spend every waking hour working towards.

“We imagine a future in which the Collective expands beyond the digital realm and into the physical world.”

I work towards this future everyday with Giveth, bridging web3 incentive models to meatspace is the dream and we are doing it! Giveth is going straight into the physical world, but Commons Stack (as well as Gitcoin) is also taking the pragmatic approach and starting with areas that are relevant to our work (Token Engineering) and building solutions for that. I agree with starting with Public Goods in the Optimism and Ethereum space and then venturing out as we grow.

I have never been as aligned with a vision of a crypto project that wasn’t one I helped to found.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

Love the humble Experimental approach, 4 years is definitely enough time to come to a steady state solution. I like the citizen approach, I couldn’t find the on-boarding or off-boarding info for Citizens, but that will be an interesting experiment, that OP has already prototyped in their first Retroactive Public Goods Funding Round.

As far as the Cayman Islands thing, that’s cool. Thats similar to the set up of ENS, but at the same time, I’m a little sad to see it cause I remember when OP launched, it was a B-corp and honestly I was really hoping they found a repeatable way for a B-corp to tokenize with delegated governance! Expectations are the root of all disappointment. I haven’t read the charter for the foundation (couldn’t find it), but hopefully its board is beholden to the decision of the governance system, otherwise the governance will be a farce, and the board are a shadow third check not stated in the design (just being real here).

Really excited to have methods to tune parameters as a delegate, I hope we have some cool dashboards to play with and take some lessons learned from other projects that do similar like mstable, TEC, 1inch, etc.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Economics, Governance, Identity, Social impact

Languages I speak and write:

English and a little Spanish

My skills and areas of expertise:

I’ve been a contributing member of the Ethereum community since 2015 & received a masters degree in Digital Currency in 2016 (first degree of any kind ever given in digital currencies).

As community manager for Slock.it and TheDAO, I helped form the community around TheDAO and led every angle of the crisis response effort following TheDAO Hack.

I co-founded the White Hat Group, which secured the at-risk funds (10% of the total supply of ETH) during TheDAO hack and one year later rescued $210 million dollars worth of crypto assets following the Parity Multisig Hack. I also audited Aragon and MakerDAO systems with the WHG.

In 2016, I co-founded Giveth, a donation platform similar to Gitcoin, we have the best donation platform in the world giveth.io where 100% of the donations go to the project and we have the web3 version of a tax-deduction where our token $GIV is given to the donors, it is a web3 public goods lego that i hope optimism can use for their own public goods funding approach (free tokens on top of your donation, why not?)

I co-founded DAppNode in early 2018 to ensure the p2p world has true hardware decentralization.

I co-founded the Commons Stack in 2019. The Commons Stack is the natural progression of Giveth’s efforts to build the future of giving from a Token Engineering perspective with a goal of creating Public Good focused economies. Our first Commons, the Token Engineering Commons, launched earlier this year and we did a lot of interesting community parameterization.

I also co-founded a project still in stealth mode called General Magic which is a sort of a Service DAO like Raid Guild but focused on supporting Impact DAOs.

I have contributed to dozens of other projects as well, most notably, iden3, Hermez, and brightID and continue to support all 3 in an advisory capacity. Hermez (now Polygon Hermez) is especially relevant as it is also a public goods focused rollup.

I also lead 2 crypto focused burning man camps, Decentral and Blockhaus :wink: Look me up if you want to burn with THE crypto camp on playa.

My favorite Web3 projects:

Of ones that I didn’t mention above (these are 3 that I neither founded, advise, or steward):

• Grassroots Economics
  • Panvala
  • 1hive

I am very excited to take a deeper dive into Optimism Governance and support this incredible ecosystem!

13 Likes