Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Eric Wall

Address or ENS: ericwall.eth

Discord username: ercwl#1303

Verification: Tweet

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: :white_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: My dedication to and interest in rollups as well as Optimism in particular is probably best detailed in this presentation at the Modular Summit 2022. Watching discussions unfold around turning OP into a gas token suggest to me that I should volunteer to help steward Optimism towards long-term oriented goals. Iā€™ve been expecting rollup governance tokens for a long time, I care a great deal about their success and I frequently talk about how important rollups are for true DeFi scalability. Iā€™d rather be a delegate than complain from the sidelines that Ethereum and Optimismā€™s long-term interests are not being carefully understood and respected.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: At the 13 minute mark the video above I talk about my appreciation for Optimismā€™s dedication to Retroactive Public Goods Funding.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I believe in governance minimization. Rollups have the interesting quality that the fundamental security can be inherited from the L1, and I believe that we should strive towards those goals as much as possible and not diffuse that quality by allowing aggressive and haphazard L2 governance. I believe that a bicarmetal voting structure is in alignment with that goal.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, DAOs, Economics, Security, Privacy.

Languages I speak and write:
English (en), Swedish (sv).

My skills and areas of expertise: MScEng. CompSci. 10 years background in the cryptocurrency space, 5 years working professionally as a blockchain researcher, engineer and investor. Primary expertise is in blockchain L1 & L2 security and privacy, PoW/PoS and DeFi dynamics.

My favorite Web3 projects:
tBTC, RAI, L2BEAT.

1 Like

The Synthetix Ambassador Council is changing our Delegate Commitment ENS to:

OPsnxAmbassadors.eth

I could not edit the post to reflect this. Could someone from the OP team change this for us. Thanks!

1 Like

Stay Optimistic :red_circle::sparkles:!!!

2 Likes

Good to set up delegate since we are not available sometimes. But we can keep our authority. :smile:

1 Like

Name: Eklypse

Address or ENS: 0x34Ff77A853A14579d2120Ac08C5e342CEe08AD71

Discord username: Eklypse#1194

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally ID 1X62ZY (Tally | 1X62ZY)

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As the upcoming PoS for Ethereum will almost not improve scalability nor reduce fees and as the beacon chain is still far from now, rollups like Optimism are the near future of Ethereum and a way to make the Ethereum network like a public good. I believe that Optimism can be a long term solution, bringing Ethereum the public goods layer.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: I think that this is the most optimistic try to bring a real balance between profit of short term user and a sustainable long term vision. I believe that the public goods vision is fundamentals for a fair and futureproof digital society.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I agree with the decentralized governance and the foundation approach, I believe that the creation of Citizens can mitigate the usual dumping of airdroped tokens. I really feel that Optimism can create a long term sustainable public good layer to Ethereum.

My Web3 interests: Social impact, Economics, DAOs, Security, Privacy

Languages I speak and write: English, French

My skills and areas of expertise: DAO Governance, Smart contract development, DeFi, Community Building, Education

My favorite Web3 projects: AAVE, QiDAO, Curve

2 Likes

Name: Ovetta

Address or ENS: 0x77f52c6f7b47F833d6032b1Dc172Bc2892B8c75f

Discord username: Ovetta

Verification : Tally ID: 43L5MY

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes. I have and Yes, I do.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I welcome it!

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: If the crypto space expects to see mass-adoption in the future, then there needs to be representation for those who are less ā€œtech-savvy. ā€œ Nuances of the crypto space are not always intuitive or second-nature to a lot of users. I would like an opportunity to represent those OP Citizens who traditionally, havenā€™t been early-adopters of new technology. Thank you for taking the time to read my Delegate Comment.

My view on the [Optimistic Vision 91 I agree that a ā€œsymbiotic-altruismā€ can come from the vision; impact = profit.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1: The ā€œfour yearā€ construction makes sense. Itā€™s like a ā€œBeta constitutionā€ in a safe-space where experimentation and resultant failures are all expected parts of the process. (Having said that, four years feels like a long test period).

2:&3: The bicameral system, appears to be a ā€œtricameralā€ system with the OP Holders, OP Citizens and the OP Foundation, forming the third branch. Having a built-in tie-breaker in governance, can be positive and should be something to consider retaining, even if the OP Foundation chooses to take a less active role in the future.

My Web3 interests: A Privacy, B Identity, C Writing,

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: none / res ipsa loquitur

My favorite Web3 projects: Hedera, Zillqa, Chainlink

2 Likes

are you the REAL Quixotic ?

1 Like

Name:Supha

Address or ENS: 0x741d082ADa82DFeD62da05d5eAB92DaC13836d74

Discord username: supha#9040

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/supha66/status/1533800470019719168?s=21&t=GFWMeSZBVFzdhVNFaLXc5A

**I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process:**yes

**I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment:**yes

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate :
1.I believe in Optimism will be provide long term project and value.
2.Optimismā€™s governance concept is transparent and open.(The most important)
3.Infra structure for diverse communities that will be strong and successful .
4.It is my pleasure and an honor to participate in this community to develope the future of blockchain, transparency governance concept.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:

1.Cyberspace today suffers from a monumental market failure because it has inherited economic rulesets built for the physical world.

I absolutely agree with this.

2.The Optimism Collective** is a new model of digital democratic governanceoptimized to drive rapid and sustained growth of a decentralized ecosystem.

We really need decentralized ecosystem it is time to change.

3.Together, we will create the future of coordinated, collaborative cyberspace.
We are big and strong community.

I think that this is the most optimistic try to bring a real balance between profit of short term user and a sustainable long term vision.

I believe that Optimism can create a long term sustainable public good layer to Ethereum.Optimism governances concept is transparency and open.

My Web3 interests: Defi, DAOs, Security

Languages I speak and write: English, Thai

My skills and areas of expertise: DeFi, Education

My favorite Web CURVE finance,Optimism NFT

3 Likes

Name : WhiteHat

Address or ENS: whitehatdao.eth

Discord username : White Hat :white_flag::dove:#4323

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/White_Hat_DAO/status/1533858443228229632

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes I understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

1. To create a system where everyone gets to have their voice heard.
  2. Community Building
  3. Taking part in OP Governance and to make sure that we as a community follow the best practices.

My view on the [Optimistic Vision ]
Fair Play !!

My view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution]

1. I am very much in agreement with decentralized governance, I think itā€™s a great way to experiment new ideas and system especially during the setup phase.
  2. Great concept, It still remain to be seen in how it plays out in practice.
  3. I am a big believer of Collective Governance ( Enlightened Democracy ) and ruled based governance with community consensus.

My Web3 interests:
DAOs, Economics, Project Development, Responsible Governance, Advertising / Marketing, Programing lamguage, Community Building.

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: Smart Contract Development, Software development, open source, Project management, DAO governance, Community building, Advertising / Marketing.

1. White Hat DAO
  2. Bankless DAO
  3. Gitcoin DAO
3 Likes

Name: Oba One

Address or ENS: 0x9d0E6eA50D6f53D32a3A1151cDcDc8855CDd0f4d

Discord username: Oba-One#1320

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tweet

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™ve been yearning to participate more in the emerging blockchain & web3 space and contribute thoughts and ideas to projects while learning from a community of peers.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: The vision is a great 1st step/take in creating a tangible framework around public goods. I think it will be crucial when it comes to impact that the system isnā€™t gamed in a manner in which an individual is doing both positive and negative actions in relation to public goods. For example, externally having a positive impact but as an individual with lesser impact internally doing negative actions. Figuring out the weight distribution between the 2 may help truly measure impact both externally/internally to a reasonable extent without being too internally invasive. Lastly since some public goods are finite (minerals, natural resources) profitability may not be the best approach for these goods and finding a different w to frame and incentive the sustainability of them will be important.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I believe constitutions should have core tenants that form the root over time with branches growing and withering to the whims of time. I feel thereā€™s a fear with long lived tenants due to the examples of modern constitutions that have swayed away from the original intent or become murky to translate to the present. I believe with web3 this can be solved due to the immutability/transparency of blockchains along with the fact this constitution isnā€™t being created in a closed mainly monoculture room but within. an open ecosystem. I think it will be key to identify the core aspects of optimism and how they can be governed & grow autonomously by those heavily interested within that segment. I think roles should be more ephemeral with terms similar to our current government system but be a mix of voting and merit and a cap on term limits and future roles.

My Web3 interests: Environment, Identity, Infrastructure, Music, Zero Knowledge

My skills and areas of expertise: Iā€™m an environmentally focused software developer with an emphasis on web, ML, IoT, & blockchain development. I enjoy architecting and building in an end to end manner with main strengths being within the web and blockchain space. My core languages are Javascript, Python, and Solidity. I have built a mobile compliance/authoring tool for industrial workflows along with the web portion of a video chat application that interfaces with AR headsets. Currently I have been focused on the web3 space for the past few months learning more about zero knowledge proofs and decentralized identifiers utilizing them in projects centered around IoT and environmental data. With these skills I hope to help connect the physical and digital worlds together with a focus on environmental sustainability and cultivation.

Disco
Semaphore
Aztec ZK

2 Likes

Hi Quixotic!

The Discord link you supplied is for your own server. However we need the handle of a team member to add you to a delegate discussion channel in Discord. Please provide a handle. In the meantime I have added markd#9932 (web3mark | Quixotic). Please let me know if youā€™d like to swap this out!

Hi Linda!

It seems you are not a member of the Optimism Discord. Please join the Optimism Discord using this link so we can add you to the channel. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Devon!

Seems you are not in our Discord server. Please join the Optimism Discord server so we can add you to the delegates chat! Thanks.

Hi @tongnk, @NathanVDH @fig

Seems like you are not in the Optimism Discord server. Please join so we can add you to the delegate channel!

The discord channel will serve as a public form for more in depth and high signal deliberation between delegates that meet the minimum delegation of 0.5% of voting supply.

3 Likes

markd#9932 is great! Thanks so much

1 Like

Name : Rayne aka Knowledgeable Idiot

Address or ENS: zenodotus.eth & rayneman.eth (One of the OP 45 :red_circle: :heart: :red_circle:)

Discord username : 0xzenodotus | DecentrAgora#5433

Verification: Main , Sub

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As a delegate, I wish to uphold ethical, constructive values that encourage positive growth for Ethereum and the Optimism network.

My values are in direct alignment with the core values of the Ethereum foundation and Optimism collective.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 97:

I believe that the Optimistic Vision 97 is a forerunner to a stable and ethical moral standard for the development of public goods. Itā€™s in my belief that the Web3 industry needs positive and morally aligned individuals seeking for Ethereum to grow as strong as their project. (When built on top or alongside)

Public goods do not have to suffer from a lack of funding and supportā€” regarding research, development and sustainability. In fact, we have moral obligations as a society to reinforce and finance their operations to ensure the future citizens of our world have access to basic necessities and new technological advances. We have the ability to ensure that public goods have sustainable business models and active supporters. That way, they last good and long instead of great and short.

1. I heavily believe in the first article. People need to embrace ā€˜Shoshinā€™ or the beginners mind. The ability to freely experiment toward ā€˜impossibleā€™ concepts creates real innovation.

2. The dual governing method is very intriguing to me. Iā€™ve spent time modelling a dual governance system, and I think there is room to innovate and expand this concept.

3. It makes sense that the Optimism Collective will become more decentralized over time as nothing gets decentralized without a starting point. The Optimism Foundation should get welcomed from this standpoint.

My Web3 interests:

a) The OG Cypherpunk ideologyā€” cryptoanarchism. A focus on privacy, sovereign identity, political, and economic freedoms. (As proposed by Tim May)

b) Decentralized systems, projects and concepts.

c) On-chain credentials and proof of work in the form of on-chain reputation.

Languages I speak and write:

• English

My skills and areas of expertise:

• DAOs and decentralized orgs
  • Smart contracts and multi-signature contracts
  • Public goods
  • Writing; both technical and creative
  • Sustainable Systems
  • Systems Engineering and Design

My favourite Web3 projects:

7 Likes

Name: Marc Arjoon

Address or ENS: arjoon.eth

Discord username: arjoon#8328

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/marcarjoon/status/1535028218914344960

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, I read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I understand

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Governance, voting and the separation of powers have always been keen interests of mine. This is a rare moment where one can make a difference in a powerful decentralized, technological and social movement and Iā€™d love to use my skillsets to help navigate the waters ahead. I believe that Optimism has a powerful mission and a great culture surrounding their team and the wider community.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : I love the use of first principles thinking to embody core values into the essence of the protocols and social layers. Utilizing free markets to enhance the value of public goods is a brilliant idea and the end goal of serving basic human needs as a built-in feature of an economy is something that Iā€™ve strived towards as an individual. I love the optimism!

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: Itā€™s refreshing to see a governance that starts from a position of humility and is relatively flexible early on. Similar to other two-token models I believe that governance also requires a ā€œmodularā€ approach :wink: . I also agree with a formal tried and tested governance model initially which will then better coordinate the path towards a functioning decentralised model.

My Web3 interests: ā€œData and analytics, DeFi, Economics, Writing, Zero knowledgeā€

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: I have a background in TradFi but currently work in web3 research. In my previous roles I worked as an equity research analyst and as a financial consultant focusing on growth, valuation, and risk management. I have a formal education in mathematics, economics, and financial computing so itā€™s no surprise that I love this space. I love deriving insights from data and sharing my findings!

My favorite Web3 projects: ENS, Bankless, Argent

2 Likes

Just joined, thanks!

the delegation compensation should be properly set.

Name: ThaCodeBlok

Address or ENS: 0x55FB540BE6496628faD9286A98fE35f39e4cfCF6

Discord username: spyda#1206

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/BlokTha/status/1535744858463145985

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to be a delegate because I strongly believe that networks like this will be the future of how people work together around the world. My friends and I have already started creating DAOs and sent not only mainnet native tokens but atl tokens to each other to make promises and transfer value. I would like to be a delegate because I would like to be a part of what makes blockchain technology an equitable and inclusive environment where everyone can take part in its evolution for the betterment of the collective.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 99: One thing that I like about the Optimistic Vision is it starts from a place of empathy, and Iā€™m interested in studying the impact=profit paradigm closely. I also believe just like in this vision document that now is the right time to start building a system that merges the physical world and the digital world because at this present moment our (i.e., humanityā€™s) currently financial, and societal system are not equipped to handle this convergence properly. Therefore, we need to start creating systems that not only tie these worlds together, but the foundational focus should have the betterment of all people as its core.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: Article one, spoke about the unsustainability of a fixed model governmental system. Having a commitment to experimentation of the system is very important because to solve problems a scientific approach is necessary. Also, having a transitory document will allow us to evaluate the impacts of past actions so that better improvements and alignment to principles of the collective is possible. Article two having a fair and balance check and balancing system intent is to keep the interest of the collection in harmony with the Optimistic Vision. This system should always be is balance and coexist equally within the collective. Article three, as the collective grows the interest of the foundation should change and move toward decentralization decreasing the need for a managing board which is centralized in nature.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Decentralization, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy

My skills and areas of expertise: Web application development and Cloud solutions

My favorite Web3 projects: Ethereum, Optimism, Polygon, Uniswap, AAVE

2 Likes

Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

1 Like