Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Bankless

Address or ENS: 0x3D6CdfaFbfB3B76DC02BbEe72564dD3160eACb8a

Discord username: Ben Giove (bg999#6547)

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: :white_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

• Bankless believes in the ethos of Optimism’s solution for MEV. It’s Bankless’s belief that the recycling of MEV back into the community is perhaps THE big unlock of the science of cryptoeconomics.
  • If the above statement is true, Bankless would like to help steer that that power into the future which maximizes its potential. Bankless believes that every significant technological breakthrough has a small window of opportunity to turn that neutral discovery into a positive discovery, and therefore it is imperative that we get rights right, early.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 96:

• Bankless believes that the bull case for Ethereum is the scaling of public goods by aligning financial and monetary upside with the betterment of public goods.
  • Ethereum is the handshake between Public goods :handshake:Veblen Goods, formalizing the relationship between human values and the market value of the assets.
  • We see Optimism as a testbed for projects that have the potential to expand beyond Optimism to greater Ethereum. If they can expand to Ethereum, we can expand it beyond Ethereum.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

• Optimism’s working constitution is a document that illustrates the current state of the science of human political organization. The emphasis on the working part of the working document implies that we are using the current state of human organization as a checkpoint, with the intention to develop and iterate on that state with the cool new technologies being developed in the crypto space.
    • Decentralized identity
    • Web-of-trust capital flows.
    • Programmatic, contract-based governance (when applicable).
  • The Working Constitution resembles the base foundation upon which humans can innovate and evolve humanity greatest problem: governance.

My Web3 interests:

Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.

Writing, Economics, Identity, DAOs, Infrastructure.

Languages I speak and write:

English!

My skills and areas of expertise:

• Distilling complex topics into simple and digestible communication
  • High reach and ability to broadcast that communication across the cryptosphere.

My favorite Web3 projects:

• Ethereum
  • Bankless DAO
  • Gitcoin
2 Likes