Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name : Rayne aka Knowledgeable Idiot

Address or ENS: zenodotus.eth & rayneman.eth (One of the OP 45 :red_circle: :heart: :red_circle:)

Discord username : 0xzenodotus | DecentrAgora#5433

Verification: Main , Sub

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As a delegate, I wish to uphold ethical, constructive values that encourage positive growth for Ethereum and the Optimism network.

My values are in direct alignment with the core values of the Ethereum foundation and Optimism collective.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 97:

I believe that the Optimistic Vision 97 is a forerunner to a stable and ethical moral standard for the development of public goods. It’s in my belief that the Web3 industry needs positive and morally aligned individuals seeking for Ethereum to grow as strong as their project. (When built on top or alongside)

Public goods do not have to suffer from a lack of funding and support— regarding research, development and sustainability. In fact, we have moral obligations as a society to reinforce and finance their operations to ensure the future citizens of our world have access to basic necessities and new technological advances. We have the ability to ensure that public goods have sustainable business models and active supporters. That way, they last good and long instead of great and short.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. I heavily believe in the first article. People need to embrace ‘Shoshin’ or the beginners mind. The ability to freely experiment toward ‘impossible’ concepts creates real innovation.

2. The dual governing method is very intriguing to me. I’ve spent time modelling a dual governance system, and I think there is room to innovate and expand this concept.

3. It makes sense that the Optimism Collective will become more decentralized over time as nothing gets decentralized without a starting point. The Optimism Foundation should get welcomed from this standpoint.

My Web3 interests:

a) The OG Cypherpunk ideology— cryptoanarchism. A focus on privacy, sovereign identity, political, and economic freedoms. (As proposed by Tim May)

b) Decentralized systems, projects and concepts.

c) On-chain credentials and proof of work in the form of on-chain reputation.

Languages I speak and write:

• English

My skills and areas of expertise:

• DAOs and decentralized orgs
  • Smart contracts and multi-signature contracts
  • Public goods
  • Writing; both technical and creative
  • Sustainable Systems
  • Systems Engineering and Design

My favourite Web3 projects:

7 Likes