Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Ovetta

Address or ENS: 0x77f52c6f7b47F833d6032b1Dc172Bc2892B8c75f

Discord username: Ovetta

Verification : Tally ID: 43L5MY

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes. I have and Yes, I do.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I welcome it!

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: If the crypto space expects to see mass-adoption in the future, then there needs to be representation for those who are less “tech-savvy. “ Nuances of the crypto space are not always intuitive or second-nature to a lot of users. I would like an opportunity to represent those OP Citizens who traditionally, haven’t been early-adopters of new technology. Thank you for taking the time to read my Delegate Comment.

My view on the [Optimistic Vision 91 I agree that a “symbiotic-altruism” can come from the vision; impact = profit.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1: The “four year” construction makes sense. It’s like a “Beta constitution” in a safe-space where experimentation and resultant failures are all expected parts of the process. (Having said that, four years feels like a long test period).

2:&3: The bicameral system, appears to be a “tricameral” system with the OP Holders, OP Citizens and the OP Foundation, forming the third branch. Having a built-in tie-breaker in governance, can be positive and should be something to consider retaining, even if the OP Foundation chooses to take a less active role in the future.

My Web3 interests: A Privacy, B Identity, C Writing,

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: none / res ipsa loquitur

My favorite Web3 projects: Hedera, Zillqa, Chainlink

2 Likes