Agora Updates & Feedback thread

Discoverability is lacking heavily.

Partial search :mag: results in blank page error.

Causing confusion & requiring the user to type the domain url into the browser to refresh the page.

The way that the Agora platform is setup has only been favorable for those who have the most OP delegated to their account.

Is Agora biased towards the top Delegates because that is how they received approval for their grant ???

As you can see here it is impossible to search :mag: for anyone other than those with the most voting power creating a pyramid scheme for delegates who are at the top.

The smaller delegates will work hard to help grow the network like myself but never :-1: receive any sort of delegation based on these efforts.

Nor is there any way to see activity here on the discourse forums or link to their account on the OP Gov forums from Agora …

What about integrating the badges here on the forums with the delegates profile on Agora as well to show their involvement and get a good idea if the person you are delegating too is active or not ???

Instead it has became a huge barrier for anyone to become involved with the OP Governance as a small underprivileged or less fortunate team or individual.

I’m appalled at how the priority to fix this has taken not only a back burner but it’s not even mentioned that there will be any updates in the notion documentation.

Here is what I had previously pointed out as issues with the search :mag: & discovery :bulb: on Agora for other delegates….!

Let me remind you that these improvements have not been made all while the round two airdrop was put out!!!

Meaning that it was a lot easier for people to continue delegating to the people who had the most tokens at the top of the search, and creating a very unfavorable an unfair advantage for other delegates within the governance…

This appears to be a coordinated effort to control the voting power on Optimism and direct the newly distributed tokens to the top delegates instead of any other candidates.

This is a huge problem, and the balance of delegations is heavily outweighed with members who are more active and who do not have as many delegation points.

It has caused a major segregation of class between delegates that have the power to vote and change things, and those who do not…!

One of which also leads to a discriminatory system of leadership where dominant power resides within the top percentile of the delegates who are not willing to give up their own self delegation power to another member of the committee.

As well as the way those delegates reputation are presented to the rest of the community as the most powerful people on the protocol, even though they may not even be active in the community discussions or developmental procedures…

I believe this is where a huge part of the disconnect on these issues comes from when speaking to the teams on discord and the actual governance themselves who are not in charge of running or maintaining the discord.

Hopefully this open forum will provide the discussion that is needed here in the space to continue moving forward in an unilateral and universal way that we can all work together.

Delegates who have a voice and a passion for blockchain scaling technology on Optimism should be able to have their voices heard by the rest of the governance and help make important voting decisions. Otherwise there may be some serious issues that arise.

Once again, I waited, almost a full 10 Months to have my delegate commitment posted on the interface for the optimism website… Then less than a few weeks after Agora comes out eliminating the need for attention driven to the OP website.

Supposedly, I had missed the deadline, even though I had submitted within the last 24 hours for my original delegate commitment last spring.

I was really hoping when the second airdrop came out that it would be a great opportunity for me to be able to get more tokens delegated to me, but this has totally prevented me from any sort of chance to increase my voting power here within the governance.

It has disheartened me and discouraged me from wanting to be involved with optimism, because it seems like it is just a pyramid or a Ponzi scheme, and there is no chance for me to ever gain any sort of recognition for any of the work that I do here…

I am passionate about Blockchain technology and public goods, and really wish that it was easier for others to have an equal opportunity within the governance of optimism!!!

3 Likes