[Recording + Summary] 20th OP Community Governance Call *DATA EDITION*

Hey Everyone!

Recording Link: May 9th, 2023 optimism community call recording.mp4 - Google Drive

Call Summary:

• Vote now!

• Agora link (always verify link yourself)
    • Voting on 5 proposals, 4 of which are intent budgets and 1 is the protocol delegation program
  • Grants data analytics

• This topic made up the majority of the call
    • HUGE shoutout to @chuxin_h and @MSilb7 for the work they’ve put into this
    • @Msilb7 went over this notion doc which summarizes the data and provides the main highlights of analysis
    • Full report is here: May 2023 - Governance Call OP Rewards Analytics Update
    • If you want to continue the discussion, check out the #analytics channel on discord. There is also summary on ways to contribute here: How to Contribute: OP Rewards Analytics
    • One idea to improve metrics is to track user journeys. For example, is a user “new, normal, or super” and tracking the delta between them.
    • Question on how these analytics get integrated into grants decisions. Answer: on the governance fund side, everything is public and it’s up to the community and council members to leverage the information. On the partner fund side, sometimes protocols have reached out with program design questions.
    • R.e. where do transaction fees go? Right now to network costs (L1) and RPGF. In the future, this may be decided by the community.
    • Overall there are some hard questions we should consider as a community. For example, what is a “good” increase in TVL per grant dollar spent? How can we track the metrics upstream of developer growth?
    • Improving front-ends for data is another spot where contributions are welcome
  • Grant’s council nominations will start Thursday with voting beginning one week later

• While we didn’t have time to discuss it, the delegate discover initiative is a valuable conversation happening here: Delegate Discovery Initiatives. We will try to open up discussion next cal on May 23rd.

• It could be worthwhile to do a discord community chat around these data topics in the near future.

• We are also working on doing a discord community chat with Jesse from Base about Superchain! Look out for announcements there.

Slides: May 9th, 2023 community call slides - Google Slides

See you May 23rd!
Michael :red_circle: :sparkles:

17 Likes

Put up a reminder, thanks for the notification here

Don’t forget to hit the record button this time hah :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t worry I learned my lesson :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Greetings,
Thanks for this announcement. I will be there.

2 Likes

Slides can be followed here: May 9th, 2023 community call slides - Google Slides

2 Likes

That was a very interesting meeting, and I really appreciate them being organised and held regularly and very dependably.

I also wanted to say thanks and sorry to everyone else in attendance, as I’m worried I took up too much time speaking. Thanks for everyone’s patience. I couldn’t understand a few things or just viewed things very differently, and I was attempting to get my head around what was being presented. I feel better informed now so thanks for letting me speak up, and I’m sorry if I consumed someone else’s time, or held things up, or otherwise just asked too many basic questions about things that were already understood by others.

Thanks for your time, I hope I’m welcome back :rofl:, because I really do like these meetings and get value from them :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No need to apologize to anyone, it’s always great having your presence there and developing a better understanding is the whole point of these things!

Asking a question even without understanding fully is important because there’s a good chance other more quiet people may be wondering the same things. I’m hoping you continue to speak up in the future :slight_smile: cheers!

4 Likes

Summary and recording have been added to the original post!

1 Like

Good
Thanks for this announcement.

1 Like

The whole purpose of these meetings is for community members to join and ask questions! Your presence and participation provides value for everyone and it’s great having you! :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks Katie, much appreciated. Both you and Michael’s replies have put me at ease :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello WHO help me with my Old airdrop w
… Or send me all informarion i translate and answer ?

Helo
Hello sory for that …

Hi mate, try this webpage Optimism Gateway
It will check your eligibility for AirDrop 1

As for AirDrop 2, @H3ktor.eth here is the details for that one: Airdrop 2 | Optimism Docs

All the best, and welcome :slight_smile:

Thank you mate thank you

1 Like